Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok, I'm gonna chance getting tickets online - would like to get them. I'm preparing for the worst....but hoping for the best!

i'm not thinking of the worst. i'm thinking the positive, because THAT'S the only outcome i've prepared myself for

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm not thinking of the worst. i'm thinking the positive, because THAT'S the only outcome i've prepared myself for

Exactly think positive but if I fail to get tickets my cries will probaly echo around around Cherrywood on Thursday morning. At least if I don't get them I'll have wasted 20mins in front of the PC not standing out in the rain for 2 days to be told computer says no.

64EF3949-7880-4876-9F68-6E86042976E3_zpsrfgrjbfn.png

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Exactly think positive but if I fail to get tickets my cries will probaly echo around around Cherrywood on Thursday morning. At least if I don't get them I'll have wasted 20mins in front of the PC not standing out in the rain for 2 days to be told computer says no.

64EF3949-7880-4876-9F68-6E86042976E3_zpsrfgrjbfn.png

lmao. my cries will be heard all over cork city and in college, if i'm able to attend college that is

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Well I'll be going home from work sick if I don't get tickets... I'll be inconsolable or un - not sure which!!!!
    I really don't care which night I go as long as I get there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

I'm still going to que for tickets but not mad enough to do it for 2/3 nights will go over tomorrow and que.sister was in the ticketmaster store today and they told her they would be going along the line before 9 o'clock taking a record of how many tickets people needed. They will then just start printing tickets at 9 until they can't get any more or they have reached the number they required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Insider info from a ticket master agent himself, there has been a confirmed third date, not supposed to be publicised yet, he says either the Sunday or the Monday night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    For anyone queuing, I would double check that the TM outlet you're going to does this, not all do it so best to make sure! Wouldn't bother if they don't do it!

1551759_690144624358833_2084074045_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Bell1990 wrote: »
    I'm still going to que for tickets but not mad enough to do it for 2/3 nights will go over tomorrow and que.sister was in the ticketmaster store today and they told her they would be going along the line before 9 o'clock taking a record of how many tickets people needed. They will then just start printing tickets at 9 until they can't get any more or they have reached the number they required

I've done that before for gigs it works and is fair that way everyone in the que will hopefully get tickets but be warned they will put a cap on how many tickets you'll get so if going for 6 you'll prob get 3-4 max so in that case be sure to get the computer out at 8.50am and forget the que!!:)

i have no idea how this happened, but my mum is after telling me she's paying for my two garth brooks tickets!!!:D fine by me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

it will be a personal disaster if i dont get 3/4 tickets thursday morning. i hve fall out boy, bryan adams and biffy clyro tickets.

i would rip up them 4 tickets just to get 1 garth brooks ticket

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i have no idea how this happened, but my mum is after telling me she's paying for my two garth brooks tickets!!!:D fine by me :p

Dont question why she doing it just nod and smile lol

I've done that before for gigs it works and is fair that way everyone in the que will hopefully get tickets but be warned they will put a cap on how many tickets you'll get so if going for 6 you'll prob get 3-4 max so in that case be sure to get the computer out at 8.50am and forget the que!!:)

He never said anything about a cap on tickets just said the limit was 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Bell1990 wrote: »
    He never said anything about a cap on tickets just said the limit was 6

I'll be trying for 5 online and hearing people are already queuing frightens the bejesus out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

They're queuing in Limerick now too:eek:

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    They're queuing in Limerick now too:eek:

They were queuing in Letterkenny this evening (store I'm queuing at) but the local radio station just said these people have been asked to move along

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

2 early to que all stores will ask people to move

gnashman wrote: »
    2 early to que all stores will ask people to move

right too its not fair on other fans.

Will the best available option always pick standing, i would perfer seated as you cant enjoy a pint standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

PTH2009 wrote: »
    right too its not fair on other fans.

Will the best available option always pick standing, i would perfer seated as you cant enjoy a pint standing.

Good question!!!

I really want standing so was wondering about Best Available too..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Best available gives standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I feel so sick hearing that people are camping out. Im in tears already. :(

• Advertisement

i imagine seating would be broken up into different sections eg Cusack Stand Lower, Upper Hogan stand, Lower Hogan stand etc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Going by her previous posts she's probably buying for an entire village of people.
    They will have the same quota buying online or in a shop. Well going by some posts they might have stricter quotas in shops.

Lunatic here queuing since 5.30pm monday in Lurgan set to queue 60hours

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/camping-4-days-and-3-nights-is-garth-brooks-really-worth-it-29957121.html

Dunno what touts would be charging but it would be a fraction of what you would have to pay me to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

What happens if your trying to get them online and the site crashes? It happened last year for Beyoncé tickets. Can you only log on at 9am or can you be in a "que" from earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Aiel wrote: »
    What happens if your trying to get them online and the site crashes? It happened last year for Beyoncé tickets. Can you only log on at 9am or can you be in a "que" from earlier?

Apparently the site crashed as well for one direction last year and take that in 2011 too.

I bought Buble tickets back in 2010 for his Aviva concerts and I had no problem. That was a big one and high demand too.
    Tickets go on sale at 9am, so at nine that's when you starting clicking to request your tickets and finding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ragglepuss

Guys, I'm trying to decide whether to aim for standing or seated tickets for the gig and am wondering whether any of you have for standing tickets for a croke park gig before and if so, how accessible is it for getting a beer? And can alcohol be brought back onto the pitch from the bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

2fm are having a Garth Brooks day tomorrow and are giving away tickets all day. That'll be my mission tomorrow to try and win myself a pair!

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/competitions/2014/0128/500682-win-garth-brooks-tickets-with-rte-2fm/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ragglepuss wrote: »
    Guys, I'm trying to decide whether to aim for standing or seated tickets for the gig and am wondering whether any of you have for standing tickets for a croke park gig before and if so, how accessible is it for getting a beer? And can alcohol be brought back onto the pitch from the bar?

If you get standing and go for a beer. You wont get your place back again. It'll be taken.

Never mind a beer. How do people control their bladders if they get standing. Go off for a wee and your place is gone.

Gates open at 6pm. Concert starts around 8. Maybe finish around 10. And by the time you get out after 80000, maybe at 11pm. Thats five hours of a full bladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

If you get standing and go for a beer. You wont get your place back again. It'll be taken.

Never mind a beer. How do people control their bladders if they get standing. Go off for a wee and your place is gone.

Gates open at 6pm. Concert starts around 8. Maybe finish around 10. And by the time you get out after 80000, maybe at 11pm. Thats five hours of a full bladder.

Once you're not too worried about being right up the front you'll still get a reasonable place in the middle. Plus if you got into the pit you'd be grand.

que the mass hysteria. tomorrow i'm gonna be hyper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Can tickets be purchased on the ticketmaster hotline and if so can I use a debit laser card?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement