Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Aiel wrote: »
    What happens if your trying to get them online and the site crashes? It happened last year for Beyoncé tickets. Can you only log on at 9am or can you be in a "que" from earlier?

If the website actually stops working for everyone then there is no risk of the tickets going anywhere fast. 180k tickets CAN NOT be sold by the ticketmaster kiosks alone. Even if every one of the listed kiosks sells the maximum 6 per transaction and each transaction only takes 1 minute then there can be about 27k sold in an hour without the website.

If enough people hit the website simultaneously that it can't shunt people to holding queues fast enough (I'm simplifying greatly here) it might give an error but the ticketmaster servers are fairly tough and designed for this so it is unlikely to last longer than five minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Would online be preferable to phone? Which would be quicker? I rang the ticketmaster hotline just there practising on other gigs like Dolly but not buying them and it takes you through many steps like press 2 to make a booking, and bla bla bla, and press eg 1 for whoever, press 2 for person, etc. I'd say the process is about 2 to 3 minutes before I get tickets. So on Thursday if I use the phone it will be that before I'm put into a queue.

That would slow down the process of buying tickets considerably yet I had luck on the phone before when tickets went on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Feels like i've got an exam on thursday. Thats how crap I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Feels like i've got an exam on thursday. Thats how crap I feel.

i've an assignment due tomorrow and i'm more nervous about the tickets, than i am about getting this assignment done and correctly

I think I'm going to piss myself with nerves.

I don't have a laptop or computer. Just a crappy mobile device and Ipod touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FTroydon

Is it possible to buy tickets for this from a ticketmaster outlet in a different country, or does each ticketmaster only deal with tickets for events in their own country?
    I'm away at the moment so wondering if this is an option instead of online.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very nervous myself. will be very sad if i dont get tickets.

In Waterford there are 6 people queing allready

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Have a few trial runs for buying tickets, you don't want to be thrown off guard when it comes to the character recognition part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Typical that the Ticketmaster servers are going to be rebooted at 08:30 in the morning, the last 2 times they've done this it left 4 areas of the country without access until well after 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm confused, the website says Jan 30th, today is the 29th. Are they out early?

• Advertisement

ticketmaster.ie front page.

Oh, right, it's just I'm hearing queues started yesterday, I didn't think us Irish were THAT desperate for this guy, guess I'm wrong.

one day to go, one day to go, one day to go:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

um dear board mods, i will make no apologies for my excitement for the next two days.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    one day to go, one day to go, one day to go:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

um dear board mods, i will make no apologies for my excitement for the next two days.

Lets hope we're all back here tomorrow at 9.02am smiling.

Lets hope we're all back here tomorrow at 9.02am smiling.

fingers crossed, i get at least one ticket. if i get freakin two, i will be dancing all over the college tomorrow :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2BkomH8XI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I reckon we'll be fine. They'll sell out, and will be gone by this time tomorrow, but everyone who wants to go will go. The third gig is almost a given at this stage, the 4th and 5th will be available if neccessary.

Calm down people!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Typical that the Ticketmaster servers are going to be rebooted at 08:30 in the morning, the last 2 times they've done this it left 4 areas of the country without access until well after 11am

You're joking me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I reckon we'll be fine. They'll sell out, and will be gone by this time tomorrow, but everyone who wants to go will go. The third gig is almost a given at this stage, the 4th and 5th will be available if neccessary.

Calm down people!

3 is,the max he can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Never mind a beer. How do people control their bladders if they get standing. Go off for a wee and your place is gone.

Gates open at 6pm. Concert starts around 8. Maybe finish around 10. And by the time you get out after 80000, maybe at 11pm. Thats five hours of a full bladder.
    I think I'm going to piss myself with nerves.

Could be a serious mess in Croker when Garth finally takes the stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bennyl10 wrote: »
    3 is,the max he can get.
    They'll find a way.

Might be a different venue, might be an afternoon and evening show (like LA in 2008), but he'll keep us all happy.

• Advertisement

There's still no page about GB on the ticketmaster app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

What price are the tickets?

The queue has started in Galway :(

My phone network and my online option has been cutting out this morning. :(

Ahhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

65 euro + handling charge

que in limerick started yesterday

2 more concerts to be announced soon it was on the Irish independent that he MIGHT PUT ON 2 MORE,,,,they should just announce it for god sake it wold stop all this queuing up

gnashman wrote: »
    2 more concerts to be announced soon it was on the Irish independent that he MIGHT PUT ON 2 MORE,,,,they should just announce it for god sake it wold stop all this queuing up

+1 to this.

+1 to this.

u reckon 5 concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

gnashman wrote: »

+1

People in some parts of the country have been queuing since Monday afaik. Thats 3 or 4 days of your life given up.

• Advertisement

i can't take this people queing up crap. it's making me nervous now :(

i will state again, only if the man himself was selling me the ticket would i que up. feck that, i'm not sleeping out in the cold when i have a nice warm bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement