Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

DCC admit they offered to grant licences for 4 nights, but only if Brooks agreed but would only offer 3 if he didn't!

That's a disgrace, as it means they were only willing to say they offered 3 licences to save face. If they were willing to offer 4, then they should have made that public, not wait until the GAA / Aitken made the announcement.

The council's actions are a joke and I believe what Aiken / GAA are saying now, where are had doubted it but the only ones backtracking and contradicting themselves now is the DCC.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

superg wrote: »
    Why not have it in Marlay Park. Nobody over there seems to complain and its better suited for transport being close to the M50 etc.

Wouldnt work since they would need to bring in loads of setting since not everyone going would want to stand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Why not have it in Marlay Park. Nobody over there seems to complain and its better suited for transport being close to the M50 etc.

You're having a laugh surely? Worst location possible for a concert, it's a clusterfck to try and get to and from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Garth Brooks is not a fan of the outdoor arena... he was quoted as saying...

"I'm not big on open spaces,
    They want me to move my show to the Punchestown Races,
    oh I'm not a fan... of open spay .e. aces.. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Residents are 100% to blame bitter bitter people
    And there's no bitterness in your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

DCC admit they offered to grant licences for 4 nights, but only if Brooks agreed but would only offer 3 if he didn't!

That's a disgrace, as it means they were only willing to say they offered 3 licences to save face. If they were willing to offer 4, then they should have made that public, not wait until the GAA / Aitken made the announcement.

The council's actions are a joke and I believe what Aiken / GAA are saying now, where are had doubted it but the only ones backtracking and contradicting themselves now is the DCC.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Lord mayor of dublin on TV3 begging brooks to come back to sort this out..

You can just imagine Garth saying to his secretary "Chris De Burgh is on the phone.?..lemme talk to that guy, i looooooovvvvveee Lady in Red...it's quality music"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Good, I don't want to come visit your country. Going to Norway & Sweden instead.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Residents are 100% to blame bitter bitter people

How so?
    DCC canncelled two illegitimate concerts legally.
    Garth Brooks cancelled 3 legitimate concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭latynova

Reekwind wrote: »

Did you ever wonder what 'subject to licence' means when gigs are advertised? It means that every major concert follows the exact same practice as Aiken. Logistics, and slow Council responses, dictate this. Yet you'd have us believe that every major gig in the country this summer is "illegal"?

Any concert which doesn't have planning permission is illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Happyman42 wrote: »
    How so? DCC canncelled two illegitimate concerts legally. Garth Brooks cancelled 3 legitimate concerts.

Hi Happyman, I made this point earlier this week... Garth Brooks, of his own volition (and possibly playing a game of brinkmanship), took the decision that he would not play three gigs that he had permission to play and had agreed to do... he had no right to do this... I always thought he was a decent guy, and I have no idea what he thought he would achieve by doing this...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Would anybody like to buy one of these? 110% cotton, 40% polyester. I ordered 10,000 of them :o

231268815644_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

Would anybody like to buy one of these? 110% cotton, 40% polyester. I ordered 10,000 of them :o

You need to send the residents your bill

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

You folks are lovely people. Really gonna miss these good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

The Dublin Lord Mayor on RTE News pleading - "Gareth", come back, we need you !!
    Jesus wept !! What a load of baloney !!
    Have we no cop on !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The Dublin Lord Mayor on RTE News pleading - "Gareth", come back, we need you !!
    Jesus wept !! What a load of baloney !!

He told the same story on TV3 ealier, he was a little more restrained in is begging on RTé :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You folks are lovely people. Really gonna miss these good times.

You however will not be missed. Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

231268815644_1.jpg

Can I have one please. So I can wipe my a.se with it and sent it to Garth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Nice move by Guinness to announce their sponsorship of the Rugby on the day Garth pulled out and Gay wedding cake controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I hear a rumor he is playing EP instead.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

231268815644_1.jpg

Send a bill to Garth because he loves fans so much .

And the greedy hoteliers whinging " if tomorrow never comes" for their rip off room rates for the 5 nights !

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Deafening silence from the Brooks camp - no message for the children he has abandoned for the first three nights! At least we know now it was a threat and not a genuine concern for the fans! Anyway I hope all those with expenses for the first three Licensed concerts are forming an orderly queue at the small claims court!

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Deafening silence from the Brooks camp - no message for the children he has abandoned for the first three nights! At least we know now it was a threat and not a genuine concern for the fans! Anyway I hope all those with expenses for the first three Licensed concerts are forming an orderly queue at the small claims court!

If I was one of the people who where travelling from abroad for his show I would be setting up a website and making him refund them any money they have lost out on because of him cancelling the other 3 shows .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I think Garth Brooks didn't want to be in a situation of going along with a ruling where fans going to the 4th and 5th shows would miss out, through no fault of theirs, if the first three went ahead.

Nonsense. $$$$$ is all he saw. This has nothing to do with concert goers missing out.

Garth Brooks could have had 3 shows which would have made 240,000 people happy but refuses and still people see him as some kind of Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What ar we going to do..........:eek:..........millions of euro lost......ehh..NO, thats millions of euros not leaving the country...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Link?

There is no link. It was announced on the news that they made the offer behind the scenes.

He was offered four licences but only if he would guarantee to play the four.

If he didn't agree to accept the offer then they would no longer offer it.

You couldn't make this crap up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

What ar we going to do..........:eek:..........millions of euro lost......ehh..NO, thats millions of euros not leaving the country...

Your right just you got it backwards. The millions is now starting to leave the country with the first €1.1m being refunded

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/moran-bewley-hotel-group-to-refund-all-garth-brooks-bookings-at-a-cost-of-11m-30415882.html

Unmitigated disaster for Dublin

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    And everyone who had a ticket for the last 2 nights should seek a refund from the residents?

This whole fiasco is an absolute embarrassment, crazy decisions made by a civil servant who would probably struggle to land a job in McDonald's were he not making a mint costing the economy 10's of millions in the process. Embarrassing.

So tell me if this civil servant "making a mint"should have stood by and allow the laws he is paid to uphold be circumvented by greedy promoters ? Is the GAA & Aiken not at all culpable ?? And as for Mr Brooks- mercenary best describes his attitude !

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    And everyone who had a ticket for the last 2 nights should seek a refund from the residents?

This whole fiasco is an absolute embarrassment, crazy decisions made by a civil servant who would probably struggle to land a job in McDonald's were he not making a mint costing the economy 10's of millions in the process. Embarrassing.

Nope you get your refund from ticketmaster like any other show that is cancelled .
    Garth had three shows that went on sale the first day this is when most of the visitors would have came so he has cancelled them himself so he should refund those people .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement