Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭latynova

sporina wrote: »
    i wonder had the government known that he really meant what he said about pulling all the gigs would they still have not allowed all licenses? a lot of money has been lost - and not to mention our rep which is priceless

Our reputation for not respecting our own laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The big money would have been made on the last two of the five gigs. They would have been pure profit, logistics, staff, food, security, all issues and problems ironed out, everything running smoothly... Major €€€€$$$$ rolling in.

Brooks was initially ok to do three gigs before they dangled the extra two nights golden carrot in front of his nose. Obviously he felt it wasn't worth it without these two big money nights. As I said earlier on, biggest losers are the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

latynova wrote: »
    Our reputation for not respecting our own laws?
    what law is that?

what law is that?

Stopping at red lights and driving while holding a mobile phone to your ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I think he's a money grabbing gobsh!te he's gone way down in my estimation not that he was very high up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Germany 5, garth brooks nil

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

lukesmom wrote: »
    I think he's a money grabbing gobsh!te he's gone way down in my estimation not that he was very high up there.

Might as well be looking at the AH thread.
    If he was interested in the money he would have taken the available gigs.
    How is he money grabbing and greedy by playing none????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

KoolKid wrote: »

Because now he can sue aiken for 5 nights money?

Because he'll sue Aiken for guaranteed millions.

He could have done the three but he wanted his fatter cheque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

what law is that?

My understanding is that the GAA chose, in the event of wanting to host more than three special event a year, to be bound to the Regulations covering event licences, so:this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Because he'll sue Aiken for guaranteed millions.

That would depend heavily on the contract he signed. I would be very surprised if he gets more for not playing than he would have for playing.
    If you do some research on the guy you will see its not about the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭sporina

he chose not to play any gigs.. doubt he can sue

That would depend heavily on the contract he signed. I would be very surprised if he gets more for not playing than he would have for playing.

Of course it is. It's ALL about the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

delighted - greedy sod - concerned for fans missing 2 shows, what a load of bollox!

lukesmom wrote: »
    Of course it is. It's ALL about the money.
    So how is is making more money by not playing?

T

Oh so he was playing for charity? And all the proceeds were for charity? Or the tickets were free?

So how is is making more money by not playing?

He wanted all 5 concerts, all that money. Stubborn honky tonk redneck wasn't happy with the three shows and threw his toys out of the pram. I reckon he thought his beloved ireland would change the rules for him.

Oh so he was playing for charity? And all the proceeds were for charity? Or the tickets were free?

No... I'm but if you research Garth Brooks like I suggested you will see he has a reputation for wanting things right the way he wants it. He is known for staying over what he was believes in even if it costs him money.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Tickets were sold subject to licence which was granted for the 1st 3.
    Therefore anyone ( for the 1st 3 shows) who suffers a loss above the ticket price would have a very good case as a valid contract was now broken. E.g. non refundable transport/hotel etc
    May see some cases in the small claims court.

• Advertisement

I doubt it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Cut the petty crap out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

I wonder will ticketmaster refund the booking fee? They might even charge a couple of euro for the refund transaction......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Tickets were sold subject to licence which was granted for the 1st 3.
    Therefore anyone ( for the 1st 3 shows) who suffers a loss above the ticket price would have a very good case as a valid contract was now broken. E.g. non refundable transport/hotel etc

Yeah, totally. I'll get Matlock on the case right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

No... I'm but if you research Garth Brooks like I suggested you will see he has a reputation for wanting things right the way he wants it. He is known for staying over what he was believes in even if it costs him money.

Depends on whose side you read, Garth will have you believe he makes stands against the second hand market and iTunes cause it's what he believes in and he wants his music listened to in album order.
    Others will have you believe he refuses to give up control and hates iTunes cause the cuts not big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steven71

I don't pretend to know anything about this. I was due to be on the Tuesday show. I'm disappointed obviously, but also disappointed for the fans at the first three gigs.

Firstly.....will Garth get paid? Really? HE has cancelled the first three dates. Surly any concert promoter won't have to fork out if the actual artist cancels. Especially as it's not due to illness and the like.

Five were probably planned from the get go, the staggering of dates is ALWAYS a plan by promoters. Who knew they were (along with CP) going over the set amount if shows with the first dates released, a total backfire has happened. I actually think GB statement '5 or nothing" was a strong arm gamble, which again has backfired.

Can't imagine many lawsuits flying around.....ticket conditions always have some nice fine print on the,.

A total mess for all concerned, including GB, a shame it's tarnished the "comeback event". Will be interesting to see if anything gets mentioned on Thursday.

Ah well a few days in Dublin it is, won't bother cancelling anything. Flights all booked anyway. Dublin looks a nice place, looked very nice in that Mrs Brown film....... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Germany just got seven in a big stadium with very little defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Steven71 wrote: »

Ah well a few days in Dublin it is, won't bother cancelling anything. Flights all booked anyway. Dublin looks a nice place, looked very nice in that Mrs Brown film....... ;-)

At last, a fan with a sense of perspective...enjoy your few days in a good city.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it true GB offered to do two shows per day (from licenced days)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ah fcuk this, must think positive. Must plan my next venture. Who's up for a USA trip to see GARTH if he announces a tour on Thursday. I did have a massive Croke Park fund for 5 nights. My new USA/Garth Brooks fund.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement