Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

+1

People in some parts of the country have been queuing since Monday afaik. Thats 3 or 4 days of your life given up.

is that not called loitering. if that was kids I some places they would be moved on,,,,look at the pics on facebook of the queues some of the footpaths are unpassable if you have a buggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

+1

People in some parts of the country have been queuing since Monday afaik. Thats 3 or 4 days of your life given up.

I'd be out queueing myself if I had someone to queue with me. People with work and things and cant queue. 3 or 4 days queueing for Garth Brooks is worth it. But im a massive fan.

Its the end of the world here.

Internet cutting out all morning. Ahhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

this time tomorrow, we shall be free :D;)

watch donedeal tomorrow around 9.30 and see all the tickets offered at crazy prices

• Advertisement

If this internet goes down again.

Im booking myself into a hotel to use their internet/wifi.

Cannot take any chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Any idea what the extra date will be?

if you like rumors sunday could be the extra day or 2 dates in Kilkenny like bruce last year..kilkenny are 2 announce a major concert first week I feb.

Could be a serious mess in Croker when Garth finally takes the stage...

Thank you so much for bringing a bit of humour my way this morning. It's badly needed. 3 network is acting up for me here. Internet and calls and I don't have anything else.

gnashman wrote: »
    if you like rumors sunday could be the extra day or 2 dates in Kilkenny like bruce last year..kilkenny are 2 announce a major concert first week I feb.

Well then what a way to visit killkenny for the first time:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

scudzilla wrote: »
    Typical that the Ticketmaster servers are going to be rebooted at 08:30 in the morning, the last 2 times they've done this it left 4 areas of the country without access until well after 11am

You're going to have to back that up with something because none of it makes sense unless you are talking about the point of sale system that runs the kiosk and not the webserver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

is that not called loitering.
    No, it's called queuing. Loitering is standing around without a purpose.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    They'll find a way.

Might be a different venue, might be an afternoon and evening show (like LA in 2008), but he'll keep us all happy.

A Sunday afternoon concert would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

People I've just passed the queue in Limerick the must be over 100 in it Oh god am staying to think getting a ticket won't be as easy as I was hoping! !

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Bit more info on ticketmaster now....

Looks like there isn't zones on the pitch like one direction have

EDIT: That info is now gone again.... must be working on it

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Why are people queuing for tickets? Are these people not able to get tickets on line, or is going to a ticketmaster shop a better chance of getting tickets?

ok, the nerves were calm, but hearing that there are over a 100 people queing in limerick is making me nervous. please gardi tell them to move along...... please. i will pay them money to do it n all. i just want my tickets

I thought i'd be time enough queueing. But im not. There's a good few in the queue in galway.

I dont stand a chance queueing.

Oh God.

And my internet went down this morning. Cant take any chances.

Im on a hunt now for a hotel with good internet. Wish me luck. Im desperate.

I was meant to move to the uk but im putting that off for a while longer cause I need the money for this.

Why are people queuing for tickets? Are these people not able to get tickets on line, or is going to a ticketmaster shop a better chance of getting tickets?

A very small amount probably are people who are unable to use the Internet due to lack of access to it. The rest are misinformed or following misinformed people. Online trumps shop no matter what way you cut it.

Even if the owners of the shop take orders in advance from the line and print the tickets out they start ordering at 9am same as online. They've one system to do that on for 100+ people. While online each person can order simultaneously.

It is like the difference between a traffic jam on a one lane dust road versus a jam on a motorway with 100 lanes. At least with the 100 lane motorway there are a 100 people getting out of it at the top at a time.
    sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ok, the nerves were calm, but hearing that there are over a 100 people queing in limerick is making me nervous.

100 people you no longer have to worry about competing with online.

Oh quick, more people queue.

• Advertisement

toast, you make a very good point :D:D

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Bit more info on ticketmaster now....

Looks like there isn't zones on the pitch like one direction have

EDIT: That info is now gone again.... must be working on it

Crap, I don't want to be allocated a section on the pitcht when I buy a ticket because no way in hell will i get a front block tomorrow and i want to be near the front at a concert. Was hoping to show up early on the day of the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The event pages have been set up for the gigs and it shows that there's going to be a standard set up for the stage at Croker. There won't be allocated section like at the 1D gigs.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/garth-brooks-dublin-07-25-2014/event/18004C3DC0C02F99?artistid=732705&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

can anyone pls tell me why the wheelchair section is so far back in croke park could they not put it near the front for them...that's a joke very unfair (my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ok, the nerves were calm, but hearing that there are over a 100 people queing in limerick is making me nervous.
    Lots of dum dums queuing for this when they don't need to.

And my internet went down this morning. Cant take any chances.

Im on a hunt now for a hotel with good internet. Wish me luck. Im desperate.

I was meant to move to the uk but im putting that off for a while longer cause I need the money for this.

A hotel is overkill. If you don't trust your own Internet go to a webcafe or a Starbucks or similar. Webcafe probably would be the best as you'll have someone nearby you can ask for help if there is a problem. If there is a problem with the hotel Internet you won't get support quickly.

Also while I thought there would be a good boost to tourism and the economy thanks to this gig I didn't imagine it would impact the emigration figures but there you go. If only the Troika had convinced Garth to get out of retirement back in 2009 we'd have been out of recession a lot sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

can anyone pls tell me why the wheelchair section is so far back in croke park could they not put it near the front for them...that's a joke very unfair (my opinion)

Isn't the wheelchair section usually elevated? It would be unfair to the vast majority to have an elevated stage blocking their view so usually they put it at the back or the sides.

Toast wrote: »
    A hotel is overkill. If you don't trust your own Internet go to a webcafe or a Starbucks or similar. Webcafe probably would be the best as you'll have someone nearby you can ask for help if there is a problem. If there is a problem with the hotel Internet you won't get support quickly.

Also while I thought there would be a good boost to tourism and the economy thanks to this gig I didn't imagine it would impact the Emigration figures but there you go. If only the Troika had convinced Garth to get out of retirement back in 2009 we'd have been out of recession a lot sooner.

garth brooks-the miracle worker :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Anyway, as much as I'm looking forward to this gig, can't shake the feeling that it's gonna be overrun by the "once a year" gig crowd.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Anyway, as much as I'm looking forward to this gig, can't shake the feeling that it's gonna be overrun by the "once a year" gig crowd.

i can't stand those sunshine type of fans. seriously only getting caught up in the hype, when there are fans who have been fans for years might not get the chance to attend:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement