Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mr.S wrote: »

But it should be easy enough to shift the ticket you don't want!

I hope so. Have no desire to go anymore either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looks like they will probably get the go ahead now. Least people won't lose out on tickets but the whole thing has been a shambles. From the complete overstated nature of the concerts ('think of the economy', 'international reputation', Taoiseach getting involved, wanting Obama getting involved and more bull**** like that) to the complete blindness of some to see why the concerts did not get the go ahead on the first place.

I hope any condition of the concerts going ahead is that they won't be allowed hold any there for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

If the gigs are put back on, it'l be business as usual and the refunds will be cancelled.

But it should be easy enough to shift the ticket you don't want!

I'd hope so, there are a lot of tickets in various family houses here - noone is willing to go anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

I hope the everyone who is behind this and the facebook keyboard warriors are as vocal and offended at DCC's decision when it comes to their water meter being installed and their next property tax bill being posted.

The moral compass on this island now is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Fianna Fail- the "we don't give a **** about planning law we'll do what we want" party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Fianna Fail - The PARTTAAYYYYYYY ON party!

FYP :P:P:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Fianna Fail- the "we don't give a **** about planning law we'll do what we want" party.

Technically that would be FG and Lab seeing as how their currently in Government :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

@rtenews: Agreement expected to be announced this evening on Garth Brooks concert series; speculation two concerts may be held later in year

That makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,529 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mother of god. Are we actually going to emergency legislate for a ****ing concert? When we wouldn't emergency legislate for mothers dying in hospitals after being refused abortions. I am disgusted.

Brooks has friends in high places i.e Dail :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Garth will probably cancel all 5 because Biddy from Mullingar and Theresa from Mullhudart can't get to the rescheduled 2 gigs. :)

Thank christ they didn't succumb to 5 at once and made them obey the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0710/629717-garth-brooks/

So the 3 are going ahead in 2 weeks time so i take it with Garth announcing it at 5pm with 2 next year, Is this correct?

Something that could have been agreed on weeks ago!

Something the GAA and Aiken should have done from the minute they realised the demand.

If this is the deal I wonder will any 'journalist' call Aiken out on his bull**** about the financial logistics of all 5 at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

Mother of god. Are we actually going to emergency legislate for a ****ing concert? When we wouldn't emergency legislate for mothers dying in hospitals after being refused abortions. I am disgusted.

Can't see them taking an FF amendment and putting through emergency legislation for a concert TBH as they would be beaten with that stick everytime a real "crisis" situation arose..... they couldn't be that stupid....... could they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

If 2 go ahead later in year I presume ticket holders will be offered refunds for those 2, as new dates may no suit.

If 2 go ahead later in year I presume ticket holders will be offered refunds for those 2, as new dates may no suit.

TM terms state that rescheduled gigs will allow for refund or new tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Whats the odds Garth plays these 3 gigs and when aiken applies for a license for the other 2, Owen Keegan turns him down?

I presume 2 later will require a new licence too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭bren2001

Dunno when he is planning to do these 2 gigs. Croke Park is booked solid for GAA from the very start of August to the very end of September. We cant have outdoor gigs in October realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i am hoping that he will be doing the five, i beleive there may be an announcement, fair dues to him he kept the door open for it to go ahead,
    this news of the thing being cancelled has gone world wide, wonder will this put off any other big name star coming doing a concert after all the hassel that has being going on,
    the country has more to gain by letting this through,

• Advertisement

@rtenews: Agreement expected to be announced this evening on Garth Brooks concert series; speculation two concerts may be held later in year

So the orginial 3 are going ahead??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Dubliner28 wrote: »

GB press conference in 7 mins...

http://www.garthbrooks.com/?key=a8e40170490e9c2c949b566402f65541#thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

bren2001 wrote: »
    Dunno when he is planning to do these 2 gigs. Croke Park is booked solid for GAA from the very start of August to the very end of September. We cant have outdoor gigs in October realistically.

I remember getting dragged to the Aviva for Michael Bublé by the oh a few years back in 2010/2011?!?!?

It was late September and absolutely freezing but once you're not in a field it shouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

goat2 wrote: »
    i am hoping that he will be doing the five, i beleive there may be an announcement, fair dues to him he kept the door open for it to go ahead,
    this news of the thing being cancelled has gone world wide, wonder will this put off any other big name star coming doing a concert after all the hassel that has being going on,
    the country has more to gain by letting this through,

It really isn't as big a news story in other countries as you might think.

Dubliner28 wrote: »

That is up to Brooks, as it always was. There is nobody stopping them but him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I remember getting dragged to the Aviva for Michael Bublé by the oh a few years back in 2010/2011?!?!?

It was late September and absolutely freezing but once you're not in a field it shouldn't be too bad.

24th September 2010 - great night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

From Ticketmaster refund notice:
    3. Question - I want to get my refund by returning the form and tickets by post. What should I do?
    Answer - A refund form is available by clicking here. Please print, complete and return this form along WITH your GARTH BROOKS TICKETS to PO Box 4695, Dublin 2. Please make a note of the show date and your seat details and retain the left hand portion of the refund form for your records. A full refund including service charges will be processed by bank transfer within 21 days of receiving the form and tickets.

What happens to these tickets that people will already have posted off in the last 2 days for a refund if the shows are to go ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

People saying they wont go are talking out their a-holes.

• Advertisement

People saying they wont go are talking out their a-holes.

I'm not - I most definitely won't be going, even if the tickets sit here unused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement