Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

hynesie08 wrote: »
    overrun by the "once a year" gig crowd.

As they say: If you aren't being annoyed by a horribly drunk person singing out of tune then you are the horribly drunk person singing out of tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Toast wrote: »
    As they say: If you aren't being annoyed by a horribly drunk person singing out of tune then you are the horribly drunk person singing out of tune.

Gimme that any day over the idiots who think a 6 inch gap between you and the person in front is a "free space" or that the best way to carry four beers through the pitch is overhead, or that high heels are acceptable footwear because they've never been to a gig before. But sure they're only "having the craic"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why are people queuing for tickets? Are these people not able to get tickets on line, or is going to a ticketmaster shop a better chance of getting tickets?
    I reckon there are more without credit cards than without internet access. But I was saying you probably can pay some other way, with virtual credit cards.

Queuing is sort of a tradition for some people, some enjoy the group mentality & comradery of it, I remember seeing teenagers and people in their 20's singing outside HMV on a friday night a few times, with sneaky naggins & cans. Now in the summer that's fine for kids, but I can't get over these middle aged people outside in the freezing cold. If you have no CC and you value your time you're better off paying the government levy for a 1 off purchase!

You see people like this outside arnotts or DID or the likes, saving €1000 of the price of a plasma or something in january sales. But this is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Seriously why are people panicking!? Get on at 9am tomorrow and you'll get a ticket. Hes not gonna shift 120,000 odd tickets in a few mins!!! I dont think its ever been done before!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

A hotel is overkill. If you don't trust your own Internet go to a webcafe or a Starbucks or similar. Webcafe probably would be the best as you'll have someone nearby you can ask for help if there is a problem. If there is a problem with the hotel Internet you won't get support quickly.

Also while I thought there would be a good boost to tourism and the economy thanks to this gig I didn't imagine it would impact the emigration figures but there you go. If only the Troika had convinced Garth to get out of retirement back in 2009 we'd have been out of recession a lot sooner.

She's in galway though. It would be hard to find an internet cafe open at about 8.am/8.15 am even 8.30 for preparation before 9. Hell, it would be hard to find a place open at 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is there not 24 hour internet cafes in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

She's in Galway though... Hell, it would be hard to find a place open at 9.

:eek::confused:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    is there not 24 hour internet cafes in Galway?

Not that i know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Mr.S wrote: »
    Friday Ticket Link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/garth-brooks-dublin-07-25-2014/event/18004C3DC0C02F99?artistid=732705&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

Saturday Ticket Link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/garth-brooks-dublin-07-26-2014/event/18004C3DC0C92F9D?artistid=732705&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

What usually (always) works for me with high demand events is, have the ticket page your going to be ordering from (ie one of the above) open well before everyone starts logging on, make sure your all signed in etc and on that page.

1-2 seconds after 9am, click refresh once and wait patiently.

Then fill in what tickets you want, how many, click find tickets once.

Wait very patiently and don't click anything, you are in a queue so just wait till it spits out tickets that are offered.

Fill in all details required and finalise order :)

Main think is only ever click things ONCE and wait patiently.

This is like an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Que in Limerick approx 150.. Jesus Christ people are mental..
    Try and get a pic in a min..

• Advertisement

Que literally the length of upper William st..
    Crazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

This is like an exam.

ha!!!! i've done exams, this is worse than an exam. i know i will get my ticket, but i can't help being nervous

A hotel is overkill. If you don't trust your own Internet go to a webcafe or a Starbucks or similar. Webcafe probably would be the best as you'll have someone nearby you can ask for help if there is a problem. If there is a problem with the hotel Internet you won't get support quickly.

Also while I thought there would be a good boost to tourism and the economy thanks to this gig I didn't imagine it would impact the emigration figures but there you go. If only the Troika had convinced Garth to get out of retirement back in 2009 we'd have been out of recession a lot sooner.

I live in the back arse of galway. Sh!te reception half the time. I know of one internet cafe and its dead slow and not sure if its open early in the morning. There's another one but again im not sure if its open early.

And by the time i get into Galway city for good reception, wifi internet, it'll be 8.30am. I think i should be set up by that time and not be wandering around town looking for places thats open.

Really, Galway is crap.

But I found my hotel. Great and fast internet. And there's better phone reception here if the hotel's internet fails tomorrow morning. One of them is sure to work. Shopping for tickets in the comfort of a hotel room! Its soooo worth it, trust me. Well ask me that tomorrow.

Im almost prepared. Im off to buy a new laptop battery and charger. That has even failed on me before. Not taking any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

neddynono wrote: »
    ===========
    ONLINE TICKET ORDERS

Friday Ticket Link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/garth-brooks-dublin-07-25-2014/event/18004C3DC0C02F99?artistid=732705&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

Saturday Ticket Link: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/garth-brooks-dublin-07-26-2014/event/18004C3DC0C92F9D?artistid=732705&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

What usually (always) works for me with high demand events is, have the ticket page your going to be ordering from (ie one of the above) open well before everyone starts logging on, make sure your all signed in etc and on that page.

1-2 seconds after 9am, click refresh once and wait patiently.

Then fill in what tickets you want, how many, click find tickets once.

Wait very patiently and don't click anything, you are in a queue so just wait till it spits out tickets that are offered.

Fill in all details required and finalise order :)

Main think is only ever click things ONCE and wait patiently.

could you have say, the friday and the saturday page both open in seperate tabs. Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭robbie1

Just wondering if there will be an option to stand or sit I'm hoping to get standing tickets as a surprise for my wife not really sure does best available mean they just give you anywhere sorry if I sound thick she usually gets tickets etc just I'd like to surprise her

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Jesus Hardluckwoman you're hardcore! I really hope your determination pays off in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

robbie1 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there will be an option to stand or sit I'm hoping to get standing tickets as a surprise for my wife not really sure does best available mean they just give you anywhere sorry if I sound thick she usually gets tickets etc just I'd like to surprise her

You can usually select standing then best available or sitting then best available if your not fussed which stand your sitting it.

Just wondering if there will be an option to stand or sit I'm hoping to get standing tickets as a surprise for my wife not really sure does best available mean they just give you anywhere

There is a standing section. Best available pecking order usually starts with standing and then if that is full the closest set of available seats and works back. If you don't need to sit then choose best available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Que in Limerick approx 150.. Jesus Christ people are mental..
    Try and get a pic in a min..

And I reckon at least 100 of them will be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Best available does mean you could end up anywhere. If you end up getting standing tickets and you want seated tickets, you could always trade them on Toutless.com. There's always plenty of people who want to trade seated for standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

so if you want standing, are you better to select standing rather than best available?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Lol at people queuing, it's not 1994.

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Jesus Hardluckwoman you're hardcore! I really hope your determination pays off in the morning

Just very very desperate.

so if you want standing, are you better to select standing rather than best available?

If you JUST want standing and are not interested in the option of sitting if standing is not available then choose standing. Best Available will try match you with a standing ticket and if there are none it will give you seated tickets. if you choose standing.. there are none... then decide you want seating you will need to reselect tickets and you will be requeued which means you could end up with much worse seated tickets than if you'd selected best available originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Ticketmaster site says vertigo sufferers should select sections 301 - 336

Is that an option when booking tickets online or do I just chose seating and hope for the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

hynesie08 wrote: »
    And I reckon at least 100 of them will be disappointed.

No, because there will be at least another show or two added. The people farther back will not get tickets to Friday or Saturday though, but so long as they wait once those are announced as sell outs, they'll get tickets to one of the new nights. Depends upon how quick the people running the outlet are in printing the tickets and being prepared for added shows.

No, because there will be at least another show or two added. The people farther back will not get tickets to Friday or Saturday though, but so long as they wait once those are announced as sell outs, they'll get tickets to one of the new nights. Depends upon how quick the people running the outlet are in printing the tickets and being prepared for added shows.

Read that one more is,max they can get a licence for.
    of course, as i was with demand and the psychotic nature of garth brooks fans, i could be wrong..

Pictures on facebook with queues all over the country.

Seriously I feel so sick

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Read that one more is,max they can get a licence for.

I've read all sorts of things, and have starting from last year.

With 1D getting 3 shows, Nobody thought that even 1 Garth show at Croke would be possible. I've read that up to 5 nights were reserved, but we will certainly know for sure in the next 24 hours. Any new Croke shows will get announced Immediately, and tomorrow will be the only time tickets for that venue will be sold.

Demand would not be met with 3 shows at Croke, making the rumours of shows in Kilkenny, Limerick & Belfast a bit more legit. Especially since they're supposed to be announced the first days of February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Whats all this about limerick and kilkenny shows??! these Croke park shows are a once off he won't be setting up stages all over the country until he returns in 2015 for the world tour i can see 3 shows and maybe 4 in croke park friday, sat, sun and maybe monday if needed but def no shows else where till the year after so get the tickets tomorrow while they're hot!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement