Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

dont know if its my internet or what... seriously bloody slow and GB website wont load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Happyman42 wrote: »
    There is nobody stopping them but him.

Eh.. the DCC were stopping him. What are you on about?

He stuck to his guns and it's looking now like he has managed to get the other two shows arranged for a later date.

He didn't want to see 160,000 just get refunds. He didn't think that was a fair way to treat people.

And fair fcuks to him for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    So YES

This press conference was scheduled anyway, he is expected to announce his world tour.

I highly doubt that Dublin will be confirmed as on or off. Just that negotiations are ongoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

My nerves are shot here waiting for GB's press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

It will be clearly 3 shows to kick it of in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

stevieob wrote: »
    dont now if its my internet or what... seriously bloody slow and GB website wont load

400000 people all loggin in at the same time tends to do that to a web site :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

stevieob wrote: »
    dont now if its my internet or what... seriously bloody slow and GB website wont load

I'm having problems too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Should I laugh at the fact that there is a bit of thunder & lightening here right now.....

Should I laugh at the fact that there is a bit of thunder & lightening here right now.....

Get a tin foil stetson and you'll be grand :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Garth must have heard what you said about not going to the concert. :eek:

• Advertisement

B0jangles wrote: »
    Garth must have heard what you said about not going to the concert. :eek:

Good maybe he'll refund me then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I'm having problems too :(

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

not exactly a full house at the conference is it ?!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I presume 2 later will require a new licence too?

I'd imagine some guarantee of those getting permission will be part of the deal.
    edit: Press conference running late???

and not a stetson in sight either

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Anybody else have picture but no sound or is it just me??

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

He stuck to his guns and it's looking now like he has managed to get the other two shows arranged for a later date.

He didn't want to see 160,000 just get refunds. He didn't think that was a fair way to treat people.

Can't you do hard sums?- he applied for five and was granted three-he chose not to do the three. Him, not DCC, the residents or anyone else. I completely accept that he didn't want to let 160,000 fans down but he took a booking without having all the venue dates confirmed. Just to be clear on this- HE decided that the other 240,000 weren't going to have a gig.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    This press conference was scheduled anyway, he is expected to announce his world tour.

I highly doubt that Dublin will be confirmed as on or off. Just that negotiations are ongoing.

eh i'm not sure about that. i think this was fast tracked as i heard the word tour was due to be announced when he was here at end of month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Just connected and missed nothing so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i think that the organizers of puck fair are going to ask garth to killorglin,
    it would be a great place to have a concert

• Advertisement

and looks like all the money was really spent on the croke park stage set up given the low key set up there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

no sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Poster asked if the 'Original 3' where back on, they where never off and the DDC issued licences for them.

We had bull**** from Brooks and Aiken that 'logistically these gigs could only work if it was all 5 together, the set, the film...blah blah blah'. How can they look anybody straight in the face is beyond me.

Brooks never had any intention of not playing the 3 gigs, if you think otherwise you are a gullible in the extreme. How broken is his wee heart for those who can't make the rescheduled gigs...would make you wanna puke tbh.

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Anybody else have picture but no sound or is it just me??

sounds like any normal evening at home for most of us married folk :)

It looks a bit like donald trump standing in the middle in the white shirt

on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

The plot thickens..Will the 3 go ahead??

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Trying to access this concert is like trying to get the tickets! I can't see anything! On laptop or phone!

Edit! I'm in.

yer man looks like he is having a chat over a bar.. he is only short of a pint in his hands!!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

aw come on and get to the point... it's like a history lesson so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement