Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

so this begs the question. why was the DCC meeting cancelled this evening if a deal is not done?

Keegan told them to take a hike, he is not for turning maybe?
    He isn't available for the Committtee meeting tomorrow either.

Fair play to him...ignore them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

From what I read on facebook, it was 3 this summer and 2 later on this year or something like that.

So thats it guys.

nope...its 5 or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

he has a point. the system is f*cked here. fix it, but dont mess up the plans of 400,00 people first.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Basically he's saying the Irish system for licensing is fecked and they should sort it out, after the 400,000 get to see the show. i.e. 5 gigs or nothin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

OMG there is nothing wrong with the system

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Seriously confused here ........... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 selma patty

He says his monstrous show needs 12 days of heavy duty truck and unloading, 5 nights of concerts and then 5 days off very heavy duty packing and leaving. That's more than THREE WEEKS of immense disruption for residents.

Why is Garth saying that he has no idea of the problem? The problem is not respecting the residents.

Everybody should be treated well he says, well what about the residents?

As for the 'Ireland is home', etc.

Is anybody falling for this money-spinner?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

They have planning guidelines and procedures to follow, which they did. They were not happy with the submission with regards to the number of gigs, they approved some of them, not all, as is their right.
    For all of the guidelines and procedures that they followed, it seems strange that they were able to let three go ahead, and then allow four when they were mediating. Surely if there was room for one more they should have allowed it in the first place?

The only people that have asked about the Irish gigs were the two Irish journalists. The Americans there don't give a s*#te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

he has a point. the system is f*cked here. fix it, but dont mess up the plans of 400,00 people first.

Loosely translates as "give me all my money bitches"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The only people that have asked about the Irish gigs were the two Irish journalists. The Americans there don't give a s*#te.
    That's because Ireland is fictional leprechaun land. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

stevieob wrote: »
    nope...its 5 or nothing

I know. Its over.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I think he might get the 5 tbh.

Look how far its gone in a week just by saying 5 or none.

It all depends on who stands their ground longest tbh.

Garth aint budging from 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

He says his monstrous show needs 12 days of heavy duty truck and unloading, 5 nights of concerts and then 5 days off very heavy duty packing and leaving. That's more than THREE WEEKS of immense disruption for residents.

Why is Garth saying that he has no idea of the problem? The problem is not respecting the residents.

Everybody should be treated well he says, well what about the residents?

As for the 'Ireland is home', etc.

Is anybody falling for this money-spinner?

They might build a Garth Brooks petrol station down in Moneygall, seeing as they've based their entire village on licking yankee arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I know. Its over.
    but least we're getting an album in november :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I'm gathering from this that he won't do any shows unless he has a 225 foot wide screen behind him? Country music has moved away from it's roots somewhat if that is the case.

The one thing I was giving him credit for (and I believe this because I don't believe it was ever about just him hitting a particular profit margin, especially as he would appear to be very wealthy) was that he wanted all the 400,000 fans to be able to see him. If this is all about him having a big telly behind him in order to do so then he would appear to be a complete and utter twat.

cournioni wrote: »
    That's because Ireland is fictional leprechaun land. :pac:

Indeed. Makes a mockery of all the people crowing about how we're viewed internationally. No one will care about a few cancelled gigs. I do hope they go ahead because it's good for the country, but it also says a lot about us as a nation that we're making such a hubbub about a few concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Made Aiken look like the greedy one didn't he.

baaba maal wrote: »
    I'm gathering from this that he won't do any shows unless he has a 225 foot wide screen behind him? Country music has moved away from it's roots somewhat if that is the case.

The one thing I was giving him credit for (and I believe this because I don't believe it was ever about just him hitting a particular profit margin, especially as he would appear to be very wealthy) was that he wanted all the 400,000 fans to be able to see him. If this is all about him having a big telly behind him in order to do so then he would appear to be a complete and utter twat.

Na, i think he means just for the comeback special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Mr.S wrote: »
    I think he might get the 5 tbh.

Look how far its gone in a week just by saying 5 or none.

It all depends on who stands their ground longest tbh.

Keegan is standing his ground I'd say, Enda tried to pressure him and he has resisted. Meeting is off because he has said there is no point.
    He is not attending the government committee meeting tomorrow either.
    He is standing by his decision and having no truck with the attempts to interfere imo.

• Advertisement

He just said the Irish stage is a one off.

seriously want to see this stage.

Cost a fair few quid too I'd imagine.

Peter Aiken might be footing the bill for that if the gigs don't happen.

Could we have it anyway and blast our cd's on it for the 5 days without Garth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Tv3 says meeting was called off cuz of a breakthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Right, so all he does is drop his own requirement for a particular stage configuration and then he could do the three as "normal" gigs and negotiate for two more later in the year- or even just do the three? As the gear already is in Europe (or en route anyway) he could organise one of the other venues on the European leg of the world tour as the location for this special stage.

Unless he thinks he would have difficulties securing permission in other venues:rolleyes:

enda is making an annoucement in a half a hour. eek

Tv3 says meeting was called off cuz of a breakthrough.

Just stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

basically shows why he won't do the 3; the stage setup is a one-off and to put it in storage and then bring it back when he's finished a world tour (using a different stage setup), would be too much much.
    doesn't want 160,000 irish people not getting the full experience that the 240,000 would get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What is going on now?! Aaaagh I'm so confused! Does he mean 5 or nothing as in 5 in a row or nothing or just 5 concerts and it doesn't matter if they are split?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement