Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Lord. Our taoiseach making an announcement about a music concert. Spare me.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

leahyl wrote: »
    What is going on now?! Aaaagh I'm so confused! Does he mean 5 or nothing as in 5 in a row or nothing or just 5 concerts and it doesn't matter if they are split?

I don't think he'll do them if it's split. What do you do with a stage that big until it's time to come back and play Croke Park again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

basically shows why he won't do the 3; the stage setup is a one-off and to put it in storage and then bring it back when he's finished a world tour (using a different stage setup), would be too much much.
    doesn't want 160,000 irish people not getting the full experience that the 240,000 would get.

That's the story he wants to go with? He'd rather 400,000 fans got completely disappointed than 160,000 got a slightly less spectacular stage set?

That is fairly feckin' embarrassing alright.

But you have the Brazilian president in the bad books over a football match. These things happen. No one outside of this country will hear about it, don't worry. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

basically shows why he won't do the 3; the stage setup is a one-off and to put it in storage and then bring it back when he's finished a world tour (using a different stage setup), would be too much much.
    doesn't want 160,000 irish people not getting the full experience that the 240,000 would get.

He said he was willing to do anything! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

If I was a gambler I would lay a bet that all 5 garth brooks concerts will go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I don't think he'll do them if it's split. What do you do with a stage that big until it's time to come back and play Croke Park again?

I've a bit of space in me shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ya big eijitts, the announcement is about the reshuffle, not GB I'd say. Have some perspective!!!

baaba maal wrote: »
    I've a bit of space in me shed.

Maybe they should dismantle the stage and leave it in a few back gardens around Croker until they're ready to come back and play the 2 gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Garth: "I'm the real loser in all this"....hhhhmmm....

• Advertisement

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Ya big eijitts, the announcement is about the reshuffle, not GB I'd say. Have some perspective!!!

So, what you are saying is Garth will replace Big Phil in environment and we may have a new planning act in the coming days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

an hour later we're not further on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Are you still talking about this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

Who the f**k does Garth Brooks think he is? He is refusing to look at the legal aspects of this etc. Ignorant so and so. "let 400, 000 people have a good time"… yeah - lets bend laws just cos some people have been greedy - gaa and aiken.

Lesson to be learnt - do not sell tickets until licenses are permitted!

There are more important things going on in the country - be a man Enda and call it. ffs. Garth is a moran - he will not budge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

So what?? Some of ye keep bleating on about this.

And?????

Not like hes busy anyway...the usual cabinet shuffle to stop the ministers/school teachers from wrecking their Departments any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

sporina wrote: »
    Who the f**k does Garth Brooks think he is? He is refusing to look at the legal aspects of this etc. Ignorant so and so. "let 400, 000 people have a good time"… yeah - lets bend laws just cos some people have been greedy - gaa and aiken.

Lesson to be learnt - do not sell tickets until licenses are permitted!

There are more important things going on in the country - be a man Enda and call it. ffs. Garth is a moran - he will not budge.

No other country in the world would allow 160,000 tickets to be sold for a concert and then five months later, three weeks before the concerts are due to take place.. refuse to licence them for resident agreement issues which were not adhered too.

As he says: fix what caused this mess. Don't let ticketholders carry the can, this late on in the day. The fact that this country would consider sticking it to 160,000 of it's citizens, says a lot about us to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No other country in the world would allow 160,000 tickets to be sold for a concert and then five months later, three weeks before the concerts are due to take place.. refuse to licence them for resident agreement issues which were not adhered too.

As he says: fix what caused this mess. Don't let ticketholders carry the can, this late on in the day. The fact that this country would consider sticking it to 160,000 of it's citizens, says a lot about us to be honest.

The attitude over a cancelled concert says a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Sticking what? You get your money back and democracy is not held to ransom by a greedy cowboy. Can't see how any of that is a bad thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

So what?? Some of ye keep bleating on about this.

And?????

Not like hes busy anyway...the usual cabinet shuffle to stop the ministers/school teachers from wrecking their Departments any further.

not the point! next we'l expect him to address woman with children in buggies skipping que's etc , yes, thats right, thats how pathetic and petty this is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

calex71 wrote: »
    The attitude over a cancelled concert says a lot more.

I am not a Garth Brooks fan. Check my other posts on this forum and you'll see the only gig I am going to this year, is Slash at the o2. So my opinion is not that of some disgruntled fan, just for the record.

You say the attitude is wrong, well I don't agree at all. Some of the reporting has made it look that way. Not a chance was Obama going to be contacted by the Government for example but I see nothing wrong with our head of Government attempting to get people to meet, knock their heads together and come up with a solution for an event which 7% of the population was due to attend and which this country would financially benefit from. Nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Sticking what? You get your money back and democracy is not held to ransom by a greedy cowboy. Can't see how any of that is a bad thing.

A greedy cowboy who just told the world Ireland is the best place to visit and he loves the place so much he is putting on a comeback special that he could've had in his home town but has picked here he didn't charge 120 euro or more like every other artist that play in stadium my god he's actually help tourism and bringing money into a debt ridden country Let's get over this greedy sh*t kind of talk plz!!

Would you care to speculate on what the result would be if the 400,000 people who bought tickets were to be asked if the three licenced gigs should proceed? My guess is that something approaching 240,000 would like to see them proceed. Would Garth care to speculate on this I wonder?

This country sticks it to it's citizens in many, many ways. Denying some of them three hours of line dancing in croker would be somewhat down the list in terms of overall importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,388 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

face it . its all over no shows will go ahead. an agreement cant be reached between Aiken and Garth.

Garth is just be a dick and wont do 3 gigs in the summer and 2 some other time. A huge percentage of fans going the monday and tuesday are repeat concert goers.

I am not a Garth Brooks fan. Check my other posts on this forum and you'll see the only gig I am going to this year, is Slash at the o2. So my opinion is not that of some disgruntled fan, just for the record.

You say the attitude is wrong, well I don't agree at all. Some of the reporting has made it look that way. Not a chance was Obama going to be contacted by the Government for example but I see nothing wrong with our head of Government attempting to get people to meet, knock their heads together and come up with a solution for an event which 7% of the population was due to attend and which this country would financially benefit from. Nothing at all.

I'm not good at sums, but 3/5 of that 7% are being denied the opportunity by the performer-not by any branch of government (as I stated before, he could do the shows without the big screen, he is choosing not to).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A huge percentage of fans going the monday and tuesday are repeat concert goers.

We keep hearing this over and over, is there any link to figures that back this up.?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

PTH2009 wrote: »
    face it . its all over no shows will go ahead. an agreement cant be reached between Aiken and Garth.

Garth is just be a dick and wont do 3 gigs in the summer and 2 some other time. A huge percentage of fans going the monday and tuesday are repeat concert goers.

very good point,

no need for 5 in a row...thats just takin the p!ss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

talk is cheap - he loves ireland and blah blah blah….

after listening to him on the radio - i think he is ignorant…

he is thinking of his margin - 3 gigs would be worth his while… 5 gigs would be a much wider margin…

he could do three and respect the licenses that have been permitted

5 gigs should never have been the case anyway…

the country is bad enough without changing laws at the drop of a hat…

laws should be changed defo - but in the right manner

the country needs to more pro active as oppose to reactive…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

sporina wrote: »

5 gigs should never have been the case anyway…

the country is bad enough without changing laws at the drop of a [Cowboy] hat…

Fixed that there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/resident-was-paid-15000-to-help-his-court-case-30420588.html

I don't know wheter this was put up here or not but it makes an interesting read..Its a total gombeen fest..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

The whole thing is such a farce. The concerts were on, then two cancelled, then five cancelled, now there might be a "solution" in sight according to a report on RTE.ie even though people are already cancelling hotel bookings etc.

It really is like something out of Father Ted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement