Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'm telling it as it is, how the fvuk is this farce deemed more important than what I've mentioned, this should not be dominating the media day in, day out its cringeworthy to the extreme and makes us a nation to be a complete and utter laughing stock, a decision was made, appealed and was overruled, that should be the end of it move the fvuk on and forget about it, instead of this media circus we're subjected to.
    No, you're telling it as you see it, which is clearly different to the rest of the country who obviously care more than they do about Isreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Shedite27 wrote: »
    On the matinee idea, I really don't think it's a runner,

....but.....

the last time I saw Garth, I was at the 9pm show, there had already been a 1pm and 5pm show that same day, along with a 5pm and 9pm show the previous night! Granted it was only a 20,000 person venue.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1047150/garth-brooks-sells-out-five-la-shows

It was also indoors .
    No way am I paying 70 euro to watch an afternoon gig ,its bad enough having the majority of summer gigs in this country in broad daylight due to ridiculously early curfews.

Surely moving a gig from the evening to an afternoon should mean the option of a refund ,its a completely different show and not what was advertised.
    I'm telling it as it is, how the fvuk is this farce deemed more important than what I've mentioned, this should not be dominating the media day in

Its going on because the politicians and people in power havent the balls to make a decision for fear of losing votes .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 selma patty

For those who think the needs of the many should come before the needs of the few:

Do you think the Pride Festival should be cancelled?

Should the minority elderly have their medical cards removed because they cost the many too much?

Should hanidcapped children have their special needs schools shut down because there aren't enough of handicapped children and they cost too much?

Should the small percentage of the popuation who control the greatest proportion of the country's wealth simply have their wealth redistributed for the good of the many?

There are more women than men in Ireland. I say get rid of all men. They are the minority so they don't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

DCC really come out of this looking terrible. I thought they said this was legally impossible.
    Anyway going by GBs press conference I don't think this will be a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm amazed the Gardaí would agree to that (crowd safety / traffic managment), surely that constitutes a change in terms under which the original license was granted???

Moot point anyway Brooks has said no according to RTé there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i cannot believe garth brooks ignorance over the 5 dates , and continues to act like the victim???????? absolute bullish*t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm amazed the Gardaí would agree to that (crowd safety / traffic managment), surely that constitutes a change in terms under which the original license was granted???

Moot point anyway Brooks has said no according to RTé there.

It's complete madness genuinely complete and utter madness what they are proposing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

its all Aikens fault for booking a gig that had approval , absolute bullish*t :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

2 shows in the middle of the day???? You're not dealing with children here!?

• Advertisement

Its impossible. End at 6pm. Get 80000 out in about an hour. Get 80000 in for a 8pm show. Its madness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Garth Brooks has rejected the offer and rightly so too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

A V A wrote: »
    i cannot believe garth brooks ignorance over the 5 dates , and continues to act like the victim???????? absolute bullish*t

Yeah until today I was pro brooks
    Now I would thump his patronising self riteous ass if I could

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nowhere there mentions the difference between events and concerts. :confused:

in fact the article mentions getting a licence for an event, not events.

there is nothing clearly spelt out, it does say this.
    In 1992, Croke Park was granted permission to hold three concerts per year.
    Which is what I had heard on numerous occasions. This week is the very first time I hear of this "event" definition which would in theory mean 50 gigs in a row (michael jackson easily sold out 50 gigs in the O2 with 1/4 capacity of croke park)

It did refer to them as "events" as well as "event"
    thousands of tickets have been sold without the licence being granted for the events

I was asking you if you saw Aiken stating that he thought his 5 garth brooks gigs were 1 event? i.e. have you seen him define "event" and that he thought the croke park residents understanding of "event" was the same as his. I find it hard to believe he would. He is already in a world of shit without adding rumours to his incompetency. So don't kick him while he's down if he never claimed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Its impossible. End at 6pm. Get 80000 out in about an hour. Get 80000 in for a 8pm show. Its madness.

It brings up Health & Safety issues. It's a complete and utter clusterf&@k!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It brings up Health & Safety issues. It's a complete and utter [EMAIL="clusterf&@k!!!"]clusterf&@k!!![/EMAIL]

MCD has just said that it will not happen.

All the talk about the residents, if the two shows a day go ahead, I would pity them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

i thought a condition to the licence was no music before 6pm. So the Dcc can change their mind on this condition but not on the condition of the 2 shows not given the go ahead.

In my opinion it's better than nothing but I am not sure how this is going to work, like there is crowd control issues.

Doubt GB will agree to this either. I would imagine there would be some preparation involved before each gig.

So much more running through my mind but it Is too fried at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ebbsy wrote: »
    MCD has just said that it will not happen.

What have MCD to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I genuinely just want my money back at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

having 5 gigs on 5 days would be less hassle to the residents than 4 in 2 days!

I bet now they will say something along the lines of we'll operate a one way system or something, people exit one way and other enter another, where it is guaranteed to work just like that :rolleyes:

Then there is the issue of litter in the stands and on the pitch will they clean it up beween shows so people are not waist deep in plastic cups , not sure what its like there these days but last I was at a show that size it was a mess to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Aiken Promotions has confirmed that the proposal for Garth Brooks to hold matinees on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 July will not be feasible

8-10 wrote: »
    What have MCD to do with it?

I suppose they can think clearer than aiken at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's not gonna happen anyway guys - garth and Aiken have said it's a non-runner

Jesus, watching the report on the air strikes in Gaza - puts things in perspective....

They should just give the go ahead to the original dates

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0710/629717-garth-brooks/

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus, DCC are coming out of this looking like bumbling idiots.......

Surely they should agree a solution behind closed doors BEFORE any ridiculousness is released to the press.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Jesus, DCC are coming out of this looking like bumbling idiots.......

Surely they should agree a solution behind closed doors BEFORE any ridiculousness is released to the press.

They probably want to be seen as attempting to resolve the situation... with a solution that isn't feasible!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

They probably want to be seen as attempting to resolve the situation... with a solution that isn't feasible!

With the fiasco about the 4 gig offer coming out in the wash. ... wouldn't you think they would have learned their lesson.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    wait what.

DCC are willing to allow 2 shows a day for the 5 gigs to be played?

160,000 milling around the Croke Park Area?!

And they won't allow it on 5 different days....

Where is the logic in that?

2 gigs a day in Croke Park would be absolute chaos.

Not to mention ****ing up peoples travel plans, getting time off work in 2 weeks..

Also it was mentioned there wouldn't be enough hotel rooms should the matinee folks with to make a night of it.

Edit: Miss calex is now literally eating a bag of popcorn and watching events unfold on various sites, and up until last week she didn't even know who Garth Brooks was lmao (not from around here :) )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement