Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I want a weekend in Cork instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sydthebeat wrote: »
    With the fiasco about the 4 gig offer coming out in the wash. ... wouldn't you think they would have learned their lesson.
    4 gigs in 4 days are ok
    4 gigs in 2 days are ok

5 gigs in 5 days, no way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

here is a recent report repeatedly going on about 3 concerts and events etc.

Now nowhere does it absolutely specifically say an event is a single night. but if you read it and still think people like Aiken were under the impression that an "event" could be 50 gigs in a row then I give up.

http://www.crokepark.ie/getmedia/ac8c5816-1b26-4b63-a814-609c21709448/Mulvey-FINAL-260614.pdf
    Croke Park Stadium Management have stated that they require some flexibility regarding the option of providing additional concerts above the 3 currently provided for in their original planning
    permission.
    There should be a maximum of 9 concerts with an average of three per annum. There may, within this total, be a maximum of 4 concerts in any one year but in this situation there cannot be more than three nights in succession and the overall total of 9 cannot be excluded.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

4 gigs in 4 days are ok
    4 gigs in 2 days are ok

5 gigs in 5 days, no way!!!

Who did they think they were appeasing with the 5 gigs in 3 days offer???

At this stage they should be just told what to do to avoid any more embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Again I am not bothered reading through the last ten pages or so, are this gigs still off? Do I get my precious refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Again I am not bothered reading through the last ten pages or so, are this gigs still off? Do I get my precious refund?

Still off.
    DCC and Aiken agreed to 2 gigs sat and 2 on sunday - GB rejected them... and rightly so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I'm really am sick to my stomach how fcuking god dam ignorant garth is going about things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watching prime time now and heard more of his speech about someone above enda going above him and letting the gigs go ahead , fcuk that , what an absolute twat

GB had actually said before they were even announced that he wouldn't be doing matinee shows, so I don't know what the point of that ludicrous, chaotic and dangerous idea was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's on prime time now

gardai said they could manage... sure that makes the idea just brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Shedite27 wrote: »
    No, you're telling it as you see it, which is clearly different to the rest of the country who obviously care more than they do about Isreal.

Since when did you speak for "the rest of the country"

Nutter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

A V A wrote: »
    I'm really am sick to my stomach how fcuking god dam ignorant garth is going about things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watching prime time now and heard more of his speech about someone above enda going above him and letting the gigs go ahead , fcuk that , what an absolute twat

If the morons actually listened to the press conference he ruled out matinee shows when asked about them and dead right too.
    Two matinee's?! Screens useless, fireworks useless and light show useless, he'll also be saving himself for the evening show.
    Oh and not to mention 80000 filling out while another 80000 file in!
    Sounds like a councils idea alright.
    And to think the people making these "decisions" are on nearly 200000 a year. Laughing stock.

If the morons actually listened to the press conference he ruled out matinee shows when asked about them and dead right too.
    Two matinee's?! Screens useless, fireworks useless and light show useless, he'll also be saving himself for the evening show.
    Oh and not to mention 80000 filling out while another 80000 file in!
    Sounds like a councils idea alright.
    And to think the people making these "decisions" are on nearly 200000 a year. Laughing stock.

But the gardai could manage it!!:rolleyes:
    And the DCC say they've facilitated the 5 concerts in the 3 days so their job is done!

Residents group spokesman confirmed that the "3 concerts" agreement isn't binding and non-enforceable.

Residents group spokesman confirmed that the "3 concerts" agreement isn't binding and non-enforceable.

Heard that! Is this the guy that doesn't even live in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

A V A wrote: »

Seeing as Enda has (as yet) not been directly involved in decisions, I believe that was actually referring to the city manager, not Enda Kenny.... Possibly misleading due to his reference to a political position/figure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Also, based on his claim of their being "about 20" different groups (why so many, actually? Genuinely not familiar with the reasoning/background), I suspect they might be hard pressed to ever get one, since I'd imagine they'd need to get buy in across most or all of those groups. Otherwise the agreement could probably only be between GAA and DCC, and they won't be happy with that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Complete and utter gombeen country....politicians trying to work around the planning laws again..Enda you numpty for getting involved in this in the middle of a government re shuffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Show your support for Garth by wearing one of these sh1t-kickin shirts available now in your local General Store in the gingum and chewing tobacco ailse!!

YOdzNi6.png

VTSCC2p.png

Mr.S wrote: »
    Almost convinced we'll have the 5 shows back on, on each night, by Monday.

Pressure seems to high all round and the Residents will probably try and get a good agreement set in place.

That chairman of the residents association (wherever he's from) seemed to say something along the lines of having a proper agreement in place going forward, as if they'd agree to the 5 concerts if something was set in stone after that for the future

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Moved on from Garth Brooks on Prime Time now, the current topic puts this whole farce into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

leahyl wrote: »
    That chairman of the residents association (wherever he's from) seemed to say something along the lines of having a proper agreement in place going forward, as if they'd agree to the 5 concerts if something was set in stone after that for the future

To be honest thats mostly all they wanted from the start. They claim the GAA failed to even consider any solid agreement over the course of 3 meetings over the past year. That, unfortunately, were the seeds of this debacle.

This just in Macklemores show is being abandoned in Marlay Pk due to computer issues :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

calex71 wrote: »
    This just in Macklemores show is being abandoned in Marlay Pk due to computer issues :eek:

regarding that subject

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/macklemore-dublin-marlay-park-computer-1565003-Jul2014/?utm_source=twitter_self

couldn't give a rats arse tbh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

kupus wrote: »
    The needs of the many should always come in front of the needs of a few.
    Attending a music concert is not a need. This sounds like a quote from Mein Kampf, but is actually from Spock in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Since we live in a Constitutional Republic, which is supposed to defend the rights of minorities, as opposed to the Starship Enterprise, or 1930s Germany, let's just ignore such statements.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Erm wrong thread

(And no it hasn't, was just delayed)

Ah wrong thread :o from what I've been told people were leaveing at 10pm :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Muppets everywhere.

I've no time for that self righteous, pompous, money grabbing, fool across the pond but DCC and the promoters have their heads up their arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Also it was mentioned there wouldn't be enough hotel rooms should the matinee folks with to make a night of it.

QUOTE]

But Calex, that's not a problem! They can camp out on the footpath or the street. Some of them have spent 2 nights on a footpath queuing for tickets, they have the practice in.:D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Also it was mentioned there wouldn't be enough hotel rooms should the matinee folks with to make a night of it.

QUOTE]

But Calex, that's not a problem! They can camp out on the footpath or the street. Some of them have spent 2 nights on a footpath queuing for tickets, they have the practice in.:D

Touché

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

corny wrote: »
    Muppets everywhere.

I've no time for that self righteous, pompous, money grabbing, fool across the pond but DCC and the promoters have their heads up their arses.
    Wrong thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement