Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Demand would not be met with 3 shows at Croke, making the rumours of shows in Kilkenny, Limerick & Belfast a bit more legit. Especially since they're supposed to be announced the first days of February.

His tour is in the fall is it not?
    Wont be in limerick anyway, Thomond's gig window is June and July..

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

bennyl10 wrote: »
    His tour is in the fall is it not?
    Wont be in limerick anyway, Thomond's gig window is June and July..

Good job The gaelic grounds got in and can now stage concerts talking 50k plus compared to 30k max in thomond

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

The demand is there for him to sell out 4 or 5 shows at Croke Park. If there is a 3 show limit, then he is already planning on adding shows in other cities.

If they are allowed 4 shows, then it's less likely there is anything beyond Croke planned. But with only 3 onsale tomorrow, there will be many people left disappointed, and given that they're shipping all their equipment and people over for Dublin, it would make sense that they not leave any unhappy fans with ticket money on the table.

I'd say he could move 400,000+ tickets across Ireland if he wanted to. At 65/ticket, that's 26 Million Euro for maybe 8 shows total. That's about $34 Million USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its really not, I don't get why people are freaking out.

Literally, click refresh at 9am and be patient and don't go clicking everything and you'll be fine :confused:
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah that should be fine

Somebody is earning his Coke and Hookers this week :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just one thing, he's coming out for 2/3 HUGE gigs with no previous tour time behind him, do not be surprised at all if there's a secret warm up gig a few nights before in somewhere like Vicar Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Whats all this about limerick and kilkenny shows??! these Croke park shows are a once off he won't be setting up stages all over the country until he returns in 2015 for the world tour i can see 3 shows and maybe 4 in croke park friday, sat, sun and maybe monday if needed but def no shows else where till the year after so get the tickets tomorrow while they're hot!!
    Yep, a 3rd show added right after the first 2 sell out, and that will likely be the end of it.
    Unlikely that there'll be another gig elsewhere, and extremely unlikely there'll be any tour of Irish cities.
    A tour of Ireland possibly when he's doing the proper world tour.

Good job The gaelic grounds got in and can now stage concerts talking 50k plus compared to 30k max in thomond

gaelic grounds is MCD, Aiken have thomond, Aikenn have Garth Brooks.

This is a longshot, but I will throw it out there. Garth has in the past been known to do multiple shows on the same day. He did this in Los Angeles and crammed 5 shows into 2 days.

A place like Croke would be a massive undertaking to do this, but theoretically they could add a day show Saturday and 2 Sunday shows bringing total to 5 over the 3 days. Highly unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Tune in to TV3 news now, they're showing fans queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

nerves are killing me.

if there is a third show some people will want to trade there tickets for either the friday or saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

So best available

You get standing and if thats not available you get seats. Is that how it works?

Would prefer standing.

Tickets already on donedeal. Wtf? They're not even on sale yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Tickets already on donedeal. Wtf? They're not even on sale yet.

Common tout tactic, they get the first ads up in the hopes of securing tickets, if they dont, they pull the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭secman

3 concerts only. Do not buy tickets from touts as the ads are tracked and very often the tickets once identified are cancelled by TM. They go back into the system and resold with a new bar code. The old tickets will be rejected at the venue. Best of luck to all the genuine fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

This is a longshot, but I will throw it out there. Garth has in the past been known to do multiple shows on the same day. He did this in Los Angeles and crammed 5 shows into 2 days.

A place like Croke would be a massive undertaking to do this, but theoretically they could add a day show Saturday and 2 Sunday shows bringing total to 5 over the 3 days. Highly unlikely though.

No way would this happen. It'd be impossible to clear the grounds of 80,000 after the first concert in any decent time. Also the roads are congested enough as it is with one event on, could you imagine the problems with 80,000 trying to leave as (up to) 80,000 are queueing to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Folks,

What would be recommended more - TM app or phone? There's my only two options for tomorrow morning.

I never used ticketmaster app before but hope to play with it tonight. I got the lend of an iphone for the night and tomorrow morning.

Also I really need to get sat tickets. I'd love for friday and sunday too but work?? Won't be allowed.

Also what if they're problems with online?

Do you sit waiting? Or try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Folks,

What would be recommended more - TM app? There's my only two options for tomorrow morning.

I never used ticketmaster app before but hope to play with it tonight. I got the lend of an iphone for the night and tomorrow morning.

Also I really need to get sat tickets. I'd love for friday and sunday too but work?? Won't be allowed.

I believe the app can be quite buggy. Use the full website on the internet on the phone. I plan on logging on with my acc on my phone full website not app and also on my pc then I'll log my hubbies TM acc on a spare pc in work. I'd recommend having a play around with TM tonight select to buy tickets and practice that security word as it can be very difficult to read particulary on a phone also the security section is two words but if you have difficulty reading the second word it will accept you just typing in the first word.

Go on to TM and have a look at the One Direction tickets for Croke park and that'll give you an example of how you select seating standing tickets etc except the pitch for 1D is in zones prob for security reasons to avoid a crush with the kids and Garth could well be just one big pitch not divided.

Have people started lining up for the Pitch Standing at Croke Park yet?

Im pr3tty sure people in ques.around the country are planning on standing tickets?..

• Advertisement

I would love standing tickets.

Dont know what to go for, standing or best available. I dont want to miss out on tickets.

i hope to get 4 tickets up in the upper stands for the friday night

i prob wont get any because of all the people queing and the other 80 000 people online

The show is up on the app but noting appears when you click into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Which are people most likely to go for tickets to Friday or Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

What's the atmosphere like in the stands? I've always stood for concerts before but think I'd like seated tickets.

If I book tickets for a stand do I get any choice on where those seats are?

Standing would be better than way back in 724 or 324 in the corner. Definitely don't want the Davin stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

u can pick where u want as long as they are available.otherwise u get whats left and the seat at the back are crap to far back

Going through the Google Play store, it won't let me download the Droid App from the U.S.

Does anybody know another way to get this app? Is it something someone in Ireland could download and send to me so I can then install on my phone?

id imagine the view from the upper davin stand would be good as you are looking straight at the stage.

I was in the cusack stand premium level for the RHCP in 2012 and those tickets didnt go on sale til a few days before the show

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Going through the Google Play store, it won't let me download the Droid App from the U.S.

Does anybody know another way to get this app? Is it something someone in Ireland could download and send to me so I can then install on my phone?

I'll send you in PM in a few minutes it may be locked down though using IP restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Also for those interested the ticket page has been updated to display the layout and it's looking like there will be one large standing area and it will not be split into zones unlike other gigs (1D). This may not be final though..

14645s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

It wouldn't surprise me if people are already standing outside croker for july.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement