Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Wrong thread

how????? he out right talking about GB :) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    some f*ck just put on Garth Brooks on the jukebox beside me!

That's where you went wrong right there. Never drink in a pub with a juke box. The masses control the music ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Its two weeks away, if its not sorted by now, it wont be.

I honestly dont see it happening. :-(

Mr.S wrote: »
    Production is still on route, they just need the go ahead I believe, lot could change by Monday!

If it hasn't changed in a week, I dont see it happening by monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Production is still on route, they just need the go ahead I believe, lot could change by Monday!

I have lost all hope and my nerves are fùcking rattled and I'm going to be fùcking dead by saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This whole thing has been the biggest load of bull**** I think I have ever heard. Its about time Enda Kenny etc got back to running the country and not trying to pander to the wishes of a middle aged country singer. I'm looking forward to the day when we no longer have to read about this crap ever, ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

calex71 wrote: »
    Nekarsulm wrote: »

Touché

20,000 people camping on the streets, downing Bud's, lighting disposable barbecues and singing along to the second show would be some sight! Like Glastonbury without the mud (or the toilets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    This whole thing has been the biggest load of bull**** I think I have ever heard. Its about time Enda Kenny etc got back to running the country and not trying to pander to the wishes of a middle aged country singer. I'm looking forward to the day when we no longer have to read about this crap ever, ever again.

I think the fact that the DCC didn't give in is something to be proud of to be honest. And Enda didn't interfere politically, just tried to get people together...failed but the integrity of the planning office is still intact...just.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I think the fact that the DCC didn't give in is something to be proud of to be honest. And Enda didn't interfere politically, just tried to get people together...failed but the integrity of the planning office is still intact...just.

You are joking right? After the DCC's latest "offer"?

cournioni wrote: »
    You are joking right? After the DCC's latest "offer"?

No, I am not. The DCC have not given permission yet...they will on presentation of a satisfactory Event Management Plan.
    Matinees are doable, and feasible. The DCC talked to the Gardai first before deciding and they said they where able to handle it. They have said that it is allowable on foot of a satisfactory Event Management Plan being presented. I would assume if a crowd safety issue became evident from examing that, permission will not be given. That is responsible planning imo.

Whether Brooks or the punters want to do them is no concern of the DCC, just as whether Brooks wanted to do 3 was nothing to do with the DCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

DCC must think he's in top shape to put on 4 high energy shows over 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

They're trying to kill him so he won't try this sh1t again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think its so they can say they "made an effort". They knew this could not be accepted. I can't think of any major performer of that level who could do 4 concerts in 2 days.
    They have lost all credibility after stating the 3 show licence could not be altered, even though there was an offering of 4 & then this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

KoolKid wrote: »
    I think its so they can say they "made an effort". They knew this could not be accepted. I can't think of any major performer of that level who could do 4 concerts in 2 days.
    They have lost all credibility after stating the 3 show licence could not be altered, even though there was an offering of 4 & then this.

I'm sure he could do the gigs but they'd just be ridiculous. The whole set up would be based around a night time show. If I bought a ticket for one of the shows I wouldn't want to go to a matinee version of it.

I thought the whole document couldn't be altered.

No music before 6pm was one condition.

Then they come out with 4 shows over 2 days.

Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steven71

Plus a lot of the people travelling to the Mon or Tues shows have flights and hotels booked for MONDAY and TUESDAY.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I really thought there was going to be some sensible discussion with the announcements today & then they cancel their meeting and come out with this?
    I think Garth got it right saying the city manager should be answerable to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

it all shows just how must respect brooks has for the fans who queued for days for tickets,and for irish economy hotels pubs cafes and gods knows what else he should be banned ffrom doing gigs anywhere after all this carry on and he is a light of other days as well as being an egotist

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Steven71

Same could be said for the people selling tickets for gigs that didn't even exsist. Which should have never have happened.

He believes all fans should be treated equally.He made a good point re all ticket prices are the same. There's no premium tickets for front rows etc,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

barney4001 wrote: »
    it all shows just how must respect brooks has for the fans who queued for days for tickets,and for irish economy hotels pubs cafes and gods knows what else he should be banned ffrom doing gigs anywhere after all this carry on and he is a light of other days as well as being an egotist
    i respect him more for not caving-in and doing some ****ty 2pm show where no-one can see the screen, lights, fireworks, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Sure it's nearly as bright at 8 as it is a 2.

Won't be dark until 10 anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Happyman42 wrote: »
    the integrity of the planning office is still intact...just.

It's not even remotely intact after todays offer which contradicts all the reasons they had for refusing the 2 licenses in the first place and not including the mayhem it would bring to the city

barney4001 wrote: »

Why should GB have respect for the irish economy and hotels ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

KoolKid wrote: »
    I really thought there was going to be some sensible discussion with the announcements today & then they cancel their meeting and come out with this?
    I think Garth got it right saying the city manager should be answerable to someone.

not at all , should be aiken selling tickets for a concert that was not approved

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Suddenly Garth Brooks is right on everything now LOL, 'he make a good point on this and that'. As ridiculous as the matinee proposal was, he did say he would do 'whatever it takes' to do all 5 shows and he shot it down within hours, even if it probably would never have gone ahead, but he didn't know that. Speaking of not knowing, he doesn't know a whole lot about what goes on here. He should be aiming his anger at Aiken, not 'those people'.

miju wrote: »
    It's not even remotely intact after todays offer which contradicts all the reasons they had for refusing the 2 licenses in the first place and not including the mayhem it would bring to the city

As I said, the DCC have not given the green light to the plan...all they have said is that they will... if the updated Event Management Plan is satisfactory.
    The proposer (Aiken) still has to prove it will work and be safe.
    That is proper planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Excuse me if I've missed something, it's been a bit hectic in here today...

Everyone now seems to be saying that it's a dead duck now because GB has rejected the matinee idea. But the impression I got earlier from online news, and a thread in the politics section here, was that the government was trying to rush through a legal challenge that would allow them to overrule the DCC decision and grant the 5 night licenses as originally requested. Not a 3+2 solution, or a 2 a day matinee etc.

Is that still on the cards or not?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Excuse me if I've missed something, it's been a bit hectic in here today...

Everyone now seems to be saying that it's a dead duck now because GB has rejected the matinee idea. But the impression I got earlier from online news, and a thread in the politics section here, was that the government was trying to rush through a legal challenge that would allow them to overrule the DCC decision and grant the 5 night licenses as originally requested. Not a 3+2 solution, or a 2 a day matinee etc.

Is that still on the cards or not?

Fianna Fail are. Quelle suprise.
    Enda is against interfering politically.

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    not at all , should be aiken selling tickets for a concert that was not approved

It's the way almost all events are sold. He was working within the same system he has done for years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement