Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Corholio wrote: »
    Suddenly Garth Brooks is right on everything now LOL, 'he make a good point on this and that'. As ridiculous as the matinee proposal was, he did say he would do 'whatever it takes' to do all 5 shows and he shot it down within hours, even if it probably would never have gone ahead, but he didn't know that. Speaking of not knowing, he doesn't know a whole lot about what goes on here. He should be aiming his anger at Aiken, not 'those people'.

From RTE
    In a statement, Dublin City Council said the proposal for matinees was made by Aiken Promotions.

So by not doing the 3 licenced gigs GB would prefer to disappoint 400,000 fans than make 250,000 happy.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Fianna Fail are. Quelle suprise.
    Enda is against interfering politically.

So does the political intervention suggestion hold any potential water at all?

Like many, I'm fed up with the waffle. Either say they're on or say they're off and give me my money.

It's like the transfer window in football. Rampant speculation and lies non stop until the window closes. Best to bury your head until then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So does the political intervention suggestion hold any potential water at all?

Like many, I'm fed up with the waffle. Either say they're on or say they're off and give me my money.

It's like the transfer window in football. Rampant speculation and lies non stop until the window closes. Best to bury your head until then!

Enda and therefore, you have to assume, 'the government' seem to be against allowing for political interference or rushing legislation.
    Fianna Fail playing to the 400,000 votes I'd imagine. Dead Bill Walking i my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

I mourned and grieved all fùcking day on tuesday at the news of these gigs. News came last night that enda was intervening and more news came about today there was due to be a meeting at 12, moved to 3, then 5pm. News came as well that the croker objectors were happy for the gigs to go ahead now. Giving false hope to people. Like wtf is happening? I want my money back from the tickets I bought at this stage and I never want to step foot in the dirty kip that is dublin again until I step on fùcking plane to get out from this sh1thole of country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I mourned and grieved all fùcking day on tuesday at the news of these gigs. News came last night that enda was intervening and more news came about today there was due to be a meeting at 12, moved to 3, then 5pm. News came as well that the croker objectors were happy for the gigs to go ahead now. Giving false hope to people. Like wtf is happening? I want my money back from the tickets I bought at this stage and I never want to step foot in the dirty kip that is dublin again until I step on fùcking plane to get out from this sh1thole of country.

God bless you when you go to another country and take unimportant things so seriously. You might appreciate this little Isle then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm still not giving up hope, but this rollacoaster that we're on is starting to get too much for me at this stage. give us a high please, because there are too many downs atm. ffs just give us the 5 concerts already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I hope everyone gets to see the concerts, I really do. It's been a mess from start to finish but the fans are the ones who are losing out, even the ones who have bizarre targets of their abuse and have lost all sense of genuine thinking. I hope something can be worked for all those people, but not at the cost of loss of rights for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I wanna see him get down on one knee and beg to play. Could be a lot Be more entertaining than the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

looking forward to one of Garth's matinee shows

I wanna see him get down on one knee and beg to play. Could be a lot Be more entertaining than the gig.

That was some fùcking rubbish he spouted today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

That was some fùcking rubbish he spouted today.

Everybody on his side in government seems to have taken a step back since that conference...he shot himself in the foot trying to dictate what hould happen.

Everybody on his side in government seems to have taken a step back since that conference...he shot himself in the foot trying to dictate what hould happen.

I hope his ship is sailed straight back to him.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not sure if that's the case. The meeting was cancelled before the press conference started.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 selma patty

So GB had the chance to make his 400,000 fans happy and he decided to kick them in their teeth.

Does he have a fan left here?

I think it would be hilarious if he got the green light for 5 nights and there was nobody there. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

can someone explain to be about the licenses for the first 3 concerts - where these for defo or was the gig quota for croke park filled after one direction?

or wer the first 3 concerts always gonna have a license?

if so, and the other 2 wer defo never gonna get a license, are all ticket's to be reimbursed or only those that had the license ie the tickets sold for the initial 3 gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Two matinee's?! Screens useless, fireworks useless and light show useless

This isn't the USA, it's still bright out here at 8-10pm in July

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

So what's the update? Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Im seriously starting to thinks its a big PR stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Ya just sick of the Yes no Yes no game at this stage ppl have better things to be doing just a simple Yes or No now will do but to leave 350000 ppl of with 70000 were coming into the country is a fairly big f*ck up on governnents part to let it get where it has now

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the day when we no longer have to read about this crap ever, ever again.

2014 Reeling in the Years will have us all entertained all over again.

(on repeat!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

sporina wrote: »
    can someone explain to be about the licenses for the first 3 concerts - where these for defo or was the gig quota for croke park filled after one direction?

or wer the first 3 concerts always gonna have a license?

if so, and the other 2 wer defo never gonna get a license, are all ticket's to be reimbursed or only those that had the license ie the tickets sold for the initial 3 gigs?
    The conditions of the planning permission almost guarantee 3 events once all usual criteria are met. There after they can apply for more but these ones are subject to more hoops to jump through, the main one being the original planning permission allowed 3 due to the stadium being in a residential area. This is also the reason why it appears as a 3 sided stadium. The authorities at the time really wanted GAA to build a big stadium on a greenfield site to avoid all the crap we are going through at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

Ya just sick of the Yes no Yes no game at this stage ppl have better things to be doing just a simple Yes or No now will do but to leave 350000 ppl of with 70000 were coming into the country is a fairly big f*ck up on governnents part to let it get where it has now

And how exactly has the Government fcked it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

i respect him more for not caving-in and doing some ****ty 2pm show where no-one can see the screen, lights, fireworks, etc.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

secman wrote: »
    And how exactly has the Government fcked it up?

By sitting and watching all this unfold letting the concerts get cancelled turning away the much needed tourism and money lads its a sizeable amount of ppl going to this it's not like a regular cancellation the law allowed for this to happen surely this should be fixed now and as the residents have relaxed their protest against these concerts they should be allowed to happen as it's an extraordinary circumstance and will never happen again once the law is amended

• Registered Users Posts: 31 selma patty

By sitting and watching all this unfold letting the concerts get cancelled turning away the much needed tourism and money lads its a sizeable amount of ppl going to this it's not like a regular cancellation the law allowed for this to happen surely this should be fixed now and as the residents have relaxed their protest against these concerts they should be allowed to happen as it's an extraordinary circumstance and will never happen again once the law is amended

1. Garth Brooks' concerts are a private business. Why should the state sort out the mess that the managers of the private business made?

2. The people have withdrawn objections because they were terrified of the masses, who were too stupid to intelligently accept that they had the legal right to object, and that they were justified in doing so.

3. We do not know that it will never happen again, this is Ireland, after all. However, it would mean three weeks of suffering for the residents *now*. We have to respect our fellow citizens and show condsideration for them. They have already had 3 1D concerts this year. The area cannot be expected go cope with more than that.

4. Planning laws should not be circumvented. That is called corruption and we are trying to improve our international reputation on that front. Only a banana republic would ignore its own laws. That is the most awful and embarrassing aspect of all of this.

I'll answer this. These shows are definately not going ahead. Don't be listening to the media today, that'll will drive you insane with hope and there is none. Make alternative plans for the weekend that GB was due to be here. Plan something nice for yourself but avoid Dublin in your plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

it all shows just what brooks thinks of his fans,ireland and its economy,the business people etc, he is an egotist my way or no way ,ban him from Ireland ,he is long past it anyway ,just sorry for the fans and business people who will lose heavily because of this mans stubbornness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

barney4001 wrote: »
    it all shows just what brooks thinks of his fans,ireland and its economy,the business people etc, he is an egotist my way or no way ,ban him from Ireland ,he is long past it anyway ,just sorry for the fans and business people who will lose heavily because of this mans stubbornness

Simple question for you. Do you believe its actually safe to have 80,000 leave a venue while another 80,000 are trying to enter it over a 2 hour period????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Get a grip like! You clearly have little idea of what actual grief and misery is. You still have it better than most of the worlds population and almost any human that ever lived before this time. First world problems ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mr.S wrote: »
    You don't know that, as it stands now it's certainly very possible the shows will happen.

What? He's just after refusing an offer put to him after saying he'd do "anything" to make them happen. So, what makes you think they'll still go ahead?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement