Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

All i want to know now is are they on or off, no word today from looks of it on any movements. anyone got any updates?

They all all in their bunkers now but soon enough the blame game will start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

All i want to know now is are they on or off, no word today from looks of it on any movements. anyone got any updates?

They were officially cancelled last tuesday. With ticketmaster giving refund info on wednesday. Why hang on to hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

They were officially cancelled last tuesday. With ticketmaster giving refund info on wednesday. Why hang on to hope?

Well i can't see why he can't agree on three nights and maybe doing the last 2 in end of Sept or something that way everyone wins or at least has their choice to go see him or not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

garrkell wrote: »
    go learn about concert licensing practice too.

Expert please impart your wisdom :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    this is my feeling, yes or no. just lets be done with it, i either spend my money in Dublin or on a laptop

This single post demonstrates in a nutshell that the economy will not lose out because of the cancelled concerts, well not as much as those involved would have us believe. You are going to spend your disposable income anyway as will everyone else, in your case on a laptop for others a night out at home etc.

Certainly extra income would have come in from the 70k coming from overseas which is a loss but not to the extent the parties involved are making out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

calex71 wrote: »
    This single post demonstrates in a nutshell that the economy will not lose out because of the cancelled concerts, well not as much as those involved would have us believe. You are going to spend your disposable income anyway as will everyone else, in your case on a laptop for others a night out at home etc.

Certainly extra income would have come in from the 70k coming from overseas which is a loss but not to the extent the parties involved are making out.

Well if 70000 ppl come in and lets say most are here on a holiday, then you'd easily spend 8-900 euro but lets say it's about 500 euro, thats still 35m ok it's pushing it but that alone is a massive about of money, then take in the hotels/flights etc. this is a big loss if it doesn't happen, which it looks like it won't now
    One good thing to come out of this is that we need to get a system in place that can't be called into question like this for the future

PS - they're saying it's 70-90000 from abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

calex71 wrote: »

:rolleyes: well to be honest. i was saving this money for this concert. a concert that i have been waiting for 20 years. not everything is about money, a majority of is about getting to see someone who i love hear singing and get to see him live. also i probably will spend less on the laptop than i would on the concert in DUBLIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 selma patty

He's doing a world tour. You can hop on your favourite low cost airline and see him all around Europe, needn't cost you much more than this concert would have.

Well i can't see why he can't agree on three nights and maybe doing the last 2 in end of Sept or something that way everyone wins or at least has their choice to go see him or not

I dont see that happening, I really dont. Aiken sends in their application again, wait another 10 weeks for a decision, that would bring us into mid October.

Except people travelling will miss out monday and tuesday shows. But they can get a refund if they want. And tickets can be sold again. It can be done if GB wants. If its a one off stage, it can stay here.

Wishful thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Why pathetic? Are you familiar with what they are wanting to talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Corholio wrote: »

Indeed. There are plenty on here continuing the trope that "the Croke Park residents bought houses beside a big sports stadium and should have realised etc.". Well, the GAA want to redevelop PUC presumably with a view to being able to stage extra music events as a moneyspinner. Well, they will have to acknowledge that there are a lot of existing householders in the vicinity and that any attempts to ramp of the "intensification" may meet with resistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Knob Longman

Corholio wrote: »

I live overlooking the stadium and so therefore I am very aware of the nimby's there, They are against everything that has been proposed in that area for years, The sooner the Gateway bridge is built the better, Love to see the smiles on some of their faces then...It's the usual old money brigade anyway..

Marina Park are they having a laugh or what ? Kennedy Park is hardly overloaded with visitors as it is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He's doing a world tour. You can hop on your favourite low cost airline and see him all around Europe, needn't cost you much more than this concert would have.

Exactly the point on how much this mess is costing the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

360 pages of a thread on Garth Brooks playing some gigs in Dublin. I'd say if Satan announced his Armageddon World Tour 2014 was kicking off here it wouldn't get as many posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

RTÉ reporting that GB has sent an email to Enda Kenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That email will mean **** all enda will ignore it

Why can't they just go ahead with the 5 concerts if the residents are allowing it to happen.

The mayor of Dublin is just getting fans hopes up saying he thinks 3 of the shows will go ahead. Does he realise Garth said 5 or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RTÉ reporting that GB has sent an email to Enda Kenny!

Yeah, right!! Sure he did!?

Yeah, right!! Sure he did!?

why wouldn't he!?
    he wants to play the concerts, if he didn't, the stage and equipment wouldn't be en-route and the whole issue of the concerts wouldn't still be getting dragged out!
    Some of us actually want the gigs to go ahead. If you're not a fan, then kindly leave and go to another thread and leave the GB fans to discuss the concerts in peace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

baaba maal wrote: »
    I'd say if Satan announced his Armageddon World Tour 2014 was kicking off here it wouldn't get as many posts.

Leave Daniel O'Donnell out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    That email will mean **** all enda will ignore it

Why can't they just go ahead with the 5 concerts if the residents are allowing it to happen.

The mayor of Dublin is just getting fans hopes up saying he thinks 3 of the shows will go ahead. Does he realise Garth said 5 or nothing

at this stage it seems that they can't happen because DCC are not legally able to just allow them straight out. maybe they'll find a loophole...

in the Star (i think) yesterday they were asking residents if they were for/against the concerts, and 9 out of 10 wanted them to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

why wouldn't he!?
    he wants to play the concerts, if he didn't, the stage and equipment wouldn't be en-route and the whole issue of the concerts wouldn't still be getting dragged out!
    Some of us actually want the gigs to go ahead. If you're not a fan, then kindly leave and go to another thread and leave the GB fans to discuss the concerts in peace!

Nice backseat modding there. You're a bit late to the party with this whole 'leave if your not a fan' rubbish. Get off the horse and realise it's far beyond just concerts at this stage. He didn't do himself any favours with his display yesterday that's for sure.

at this stage it seems that they can't happen because DCC are not legally able to just allow them straight out. maybe they'll find a loophole...

in the Star (i think) yesterday they were asking residents if they were for/against the concerts, and 9 out of 10 wanted them to go ahead.

What difference does it make if residents wants the concerts now, even if its 9 out of 10. If DCC cant do anything, its over. ...... I knew this last week though. A week later, its not making it any easier.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The thing is DCC have been spouting they can do nothing since they initially refused the permission for the other two.
    Yet how many different offers have come since?
    They have lost a lot of credibility.
    Anything is possible if they want it to happen. Suppose some city manager had refused permission for the popes visit in the phoenix park. Do you think they would have rang the Vatican and said sorry JP you will have to give it a miss. Or how about Obama or the Queen.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    The thing is DCC have been spouting they can do nothing since they initially refused the permission for the other two.
    Yet how many different offers have come since?
    They have lost a lot of credibility.

Thats for sure.

Keep the faith HardLuckWoman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

why wouldn't he!?

Do you really think a cowboy from Texas is going to personally email the leader if our country???

Isn't it amazing that this guy is able to sell 400,000 tickets when he's past it and washed up. That's quite a compliment for him. We should have given him the Phoenix Park last time so.

Do you really think a cowboy from Texas is going to personally email the leader if our country???

Yes
    Because he really wants to do this and he really wants to do it right.
    ps. Didn't know he was from Texas.
    Thought it was oklahoma.

• Advertisement

As if selling tickets to watch Brooks didn't make you look backward enough...

You're right.... how backwards are we that we'd support an artist in a genre of music that we like!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement