Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi All,

Just set up account for this GB thread..

Okay I'm a big fan and obviously want to get tickets but what I'd say is DON'T PANIC. On the local radio this morning a local (In The Know) Dj was saying that he has been dealing with concert sales for years, and that "Hype and Hysteria" does not always shine through on Sale day. He also said there will DEFINITELY be at lease one more show and that his belief is that there will be two, from his chats with insiders.

The main advice is go through the process suggested online a few times, and get familiar with it. Don't break the refresh button, and you will get sorted. Worst case scenario you will pay over the odds for the ticket down the road, but I think the show will be epic. I imagine he'll arrive from under the stage, from over the stage or via helicopter.

Was talking to someone earlier who said they knew someone who had there tickets sorted. Could this be possible or slight imagination?!! I thought there was no presale. I'm trying for seated, but don't care where. Good luck to all.

Lookin forward to "TWO PINA COLADAS" AFTER THIS ONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

DC10555 wrote: »
    Also for those interested the ticket page has been updated to display the layout and it's looking like there will be one large standing area and it will not be split into zones unlike other gigs (1D). This may not be final though..

14645s.jpg

I'd say the pitch will be divided into sections at the concerts. Many bands nowdays have a mini stage towards to back of the pitch. So there will need to be some lanes about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fingalgal

I am looking to get seats in certain areas/section. Do you think this is the wisest move, given the demand, or should I just select best available and hope for the best. What is peoples experience when trying to book a particular area?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

gnashman wrote: »
    u can pick where u want as long as they are available.otherwise u get whats left and the seat at the back are crap to far back
    Dont think this will be available for this.

You'll select "Hogan Stand" and they'll prompt you with the best available

Duvetdays wrote: »
    I believe the app can be quite buggy. Use the full website on the internet on the phone. I plan on logging on with my acc on my phone full website not app and also on my pc then I'll log my hubbies TM acc on a spare pc in work. I'd recommend having a play around with TM tonight select to buy tickets and practice that security word as it can be very difficult to read particulary on a phone also the security section is two words but if you have difficulty reading the second word it will accept you just typing in the first word.

Go on to TM and have a look at the One Direction tickets for Croke park and that'll give you an example of how you select seating standing tickets etc except the pitch for 1D is in zones prob for security reasons to avoid a crush with the kids and Garth could well be just one big pitch not divided.

Thanks for this. Yep, I played around with ticketmaster for a bit yesterday. I didn't like the mobile site. I'll play around with the iphone tonight on ticketmaster and go to the full desktop site on the mobile and hope it doesn't redirect me back to the mobile site anywhere during my practice pick of tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

If anybody is interested there is only 2 people in the queue at Ticketmaster is Cabra.

People in that queue should have a better chance of getting tickets than some of the other queues we are hearing stories about with 150+ in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Would you have to log in to the App and on your laptop with 2 different accounts?

If you were in a Que in both would the sale not go through maybe if you were logged in on both...
    I'm only looking for 2 so I wouldn't be over the 6 limit.

Or if i set up a different account using a different email address but used the same credit card would that be ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I reckon both days won't sell out until 6pm , huge venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

If there is 2 extra dates then when would they be announced? Would tickets for the 2 extra dates go on sale straight after the first ones sell out or would they be sold on another day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

There won't be 2 extra dates, there'll be one for the sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Heads up, I live in a relatively small town in monaghan and there are 400 people queued up outside the ticketmaster agent. Surely this will be an insta sell out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

dinemo6 wrote: »
    Would you have to log in to the App and on your laptop with 2 different accounts?

If you were in a Que in both would the sale not go through maybe if you were logged in on both...
    I'm only looking for 2 so I wouldn't be over the 6 limit.

Or if i set up a different account using a different email address but used the same credit card would that be ok....

was wondering the same as this! I had a look at ticketmaster yesterday though and it seemed ok to have 2 seperate laptops logged in with same account! I was just trying it there logged in from 2 laptops with Dolly Parton tickets and didnt kick me out!

Also, does anyone know if they do add an extra date, does it literally just appear or do they give a countdown as to when released? I have a recollection of that happening with Fleetwood mac last year but just cant remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

samo wrote: »
    was wondering the same as this! I had a look at ticketmaster yesterday though and it seemed ok to have 2 seperate laptops logged in with same account! I was just trying it there logged in from 2 laptops with Dolly Parton tickets and didnt kick me out!

Also, does anyone know if they do add an extra date, does it literally just appear or do they give a countdown as to when released? I have a recollection of that happening with Fleetwood mac last year but just cant remember!

That's a good sign..

Regarding the extra date for U2 in 2005 the extra date didn't go on sale until a different date.. Don't think I've heard of them going on sale the same day...?
    Why do people on here seem to think a 3rd date will go on sale tomorrow morning too?

Do you know those queuing, will they get an option at the outlet for Fri or Sat night or will they be limited with this choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

dinemo6 wrote: »
    That's a good sign..

Regarding the extra date for U2 in 2005 the extra date didn't go on sale until a different date.. Don't think I've heard of them going on sale the same day...?
    Why do people on here seem to think a 3rd date will go on sale tomorrow morning too?

with Bruce in 2012, the last rds date, they added the extra date and put it on sale immediately when the first sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Do you know those queuing, will they get an option at the outlet for Fri or Sat night or will they be limited with this choice?

Really depends on the shop.. I'd imagine with this kind of numbers, it'll just be take whatever we can get printed and don't complain..

Also, for croke park, ticketmaster dont use the 'choose my seat' option online, or at least havent in the past.

You get a choice to pick one of the three stands or the pitch and that's the extent of the choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

I am prob late to the party but make sure you know your bloody verified by visa password. Just spent 1/2 hour with aib trying to get it reset. Only for those online of course. Glad I checked mine. I was locked out for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

may not be able to sleep tonight. arrrrggghhhh nerves

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Really depends on the shop.. I'd imagine with this kind of numbers, it'll just be take whatever we can get printed and don't complain..

Also, for croke park, ticketmaster dont use the 'choose my seat' option online, or at least havent in the past.

You get a choice to pick one of the three stands or the pitch and that's the extent of the choice.

Cheers. I'm not in a queue at all. I was just wondering. I was just wondering.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    may not be able to sleep tonight. arrrrggghhhh nerves

I'm breathing very, very, very heavy. It's not normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I am prob late to the party but make sure you know your bloody verified by visa password. Just spent 1/2 hour with aib trying to get it reset. Only for those online of course. Glad I checked mine. I was locked out for some reason.

Do you mind me asking how you checked it? I think I know what mine is but I don't want to risk it tomorrow morning. Do you have to ring the bank to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Standing.. Best available.. Standing.. Best available. Think I'm just gonna decide on the spot at this stage.

Standing.. Best available.. Standing.. Best available. Think I'm just gonna decide on the spot at this stage.

I can't decide between the ticketmaster app or phone. I read that the app be sometimes be a bit hairy but I read on some past threads here that It worked well for others.

lol

if you get standing, my guess is your gonna have to arrive at croke park 2 days before hand in order to get up close to the stage.

as long as i'm not in the nose bleed section i will be very happy. although if i get the nose bleed section, then i will just have to suffer on.

I'm breathing very, very, very heavy. It's not normal.

i've decided to put all my trust in my best friend that he will get my tickets because he has a better and faster computer than i do.

I'm not able to find my cat. I want to sleep with him tonight because he's very good at calming me. Also at waking me with his tickly whiskers and fur. Just in case I sleep through my alarm which I'll probably set for about 6 because I'm yet to play around on the TM app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

lol

if you get standing, my guess is your gonna have to arrive at croke park 2 days before hand in order to get up close to the stage.

as long as i'm not in the nose bleed section i will be very happy. although if i get the nose bleed section, then i will just have to suffer on.

That's true actually. Might go for best available :)

I'm not able to find my cat. I want to sleep with him tonight because he's very good at calming me. Also at waking me with his tickly whiskers and fur. Just in case I sleep through my alarm which I'll probably set for about 6 because I'm yet to play around on the TM app.

do what i do when i need to wake up, i have it next to my ear on the loudest setting and put on the most loudest and annoying piece of music you have on your phone. in my case, i've got the father ted theme music :p:p wakes me up every morning.

lol

As far as I know, croker and other venues has a time on queuing on the day of the concerts. As in no queuing before a certain time.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, croker and other venues has a time on queuing on the day of the concerts. As in no queuing before a certain time.

smart cookies they are. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement