Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

amandaf675 wrote: »
    When it was announced that they were cancelled I booked a weekend away for that weekend so I hope they will still honour refunds for people that want them

I think they have to allow for that after all this and how close it is to the gigs after saying they were cancelled a week ago,
    It does seem that they will now go ahead, must've found some loophole and are just crosses the T's and dotting the i's
    Should know by 5pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think they have to allow for that after all this and how close it is to the gigs after saying they were cancelled a week ago,
    It does seem that they will now go ahead, must've found some loophole and are just crosses the T's and dotting the i's
    Should know by 5pm today

Is there a press conference or something announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think that Garth Brooks has been treated like an idiot, somebody needs to sort this out and let him do the 5 shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

8-10 wrote: »
    Is there a press conference or something announced?

No press conference. Think a facebook group got their wires crossed and got confused with the countdown on garthbrooks.com and thought it was another press conference.

The countdown is 7am, tomorrow morning, irish time....so garth brooks isnt holding a press conference in the middle of the night in america.

The countdown is when he's going digital.

There's no press conference.

The news should be coming from aiken promotions and no one else.

Im ignoring everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭secman

ebbsy wrote: »
    I think that Garth Brooks has been treated like an idiot, somebody needs to sort this out and let him do the 5 shows.

How many are you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The news should be coming from aiken promotions and no one else.

Im ignoring everything else.

Your right. Stay away from that Facebook page they've been messing with your head for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Should know by 5pm today

Where's this info coming from? Source/Links?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Goolay wrote: »

thanks

His arse. Complete nonsense.

Goolay wrote: »

thanks

Just from reading the news on irishtimes/ independent that DCC have brought in their legal team over the weekend, this and the fact that Ticketmaster has pushed off refunds sounds like they've found something to work with.
    No press conference but labour over the weekend has said they will provide an update on Monday (today) and these usually happen 5-6 as the news on TV goes out, probably for max coverage am keeping an eye out so will post as soon as something stirs but all looks positive so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Your right. Stay away from that Facebook page they've been messing with your head for days.

That Facebook page is a joke, bunch of idiots posting rumors and half-truths. Funniest thing being if the gigs go ahead they'll actually believe they had something to do with it.

His arse. Complete nonsense.

Take your arse comments to after hours plz :)

I never said anything was official did i? Am just being positive unlike Capricorn and the arse comments

Just from reading the news on irishtimes/ independent that DCC have brought in their legal team over the weekend, this and the fact that Ticketmaster has pushed off refunds sounds like they've found something to work with.
    No press conference but labour over the weekend has said they will provide an update on Monday (today) and these usually happen 5-6 as the news on TV goes out, probably for max coverage am keeping an eye out so will post as soon as something stirs but all looks positive so far :)

Labour already provided their statement....yesterday. Stating in black and white that there was zero chance of emergency legislation being introduced and that the original offer of three gigs stands. Nothing more. The decision is in Garth's hands,hence the refunds being pushed back.

Take your arse comments to after hours plz :)

I never said anything was official did i? Am just being positive unlike Capricorn and the arse comments

No you did not but posting your opinions as fact without any sources just leads to confusion. And god knows we've enough of that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Could you post a link to 'DCC have brought in their legal team over the weekend'

can't find it on Irish Times site.

No you did not but posting your opinions as fact without any sources just leads to confusion. And god knows we've enough of that already.

I agree with you on that point, next time i'll link to where the source is coming from if it's official.
    Until then i'll stay positive with my opinions and in thinking that ticketmaster has been told by aiken that some compromise or deal is close and to push back refunds so his business doesn't go under after this debacle :rolleyes:

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Could you post a link to 'DCC have brought in their legal team over the weekend'

can't find it on Irish Times site.

Will do as soon as i find it again, been reading prob too much on this over the weekend :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Paddyirish there's not a word on the Indo or Times or RTE about any of this. Its not fair really to be giving false hopes to some of the posters who have taken all this to heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

there's a rumour flying around twitter at the moment :mad::mad: either put pictures up or shut up

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    there's a rumour flying around twitter at the moment :mad::mad: either put pictures up or shut up

Care to elaborate?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Concerts are back on, confirmed via RTE twitter.

bobrawn20 wrote: »

Source?

Source?

I got a screenshot just before they deleted it, you guys are lucky.

http :// i. imgur.com/ipUFcV2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Care to elaborate?

that there are trucks arriving in croke park

seeing nothing. where r u getting this news

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Should know by 5pm today
    No he didn't :mad:

If you're looking for facts only, I reccomend irishtimes.com or rte.ie

I got a screenshot just before they deleted it, you guys are lucky.

http :// i. imgur.com/ipUFcV2.jpg

Worst photo shop job ever :D

that there are trucks arriving in croke park

seeing nothing. where r u getting this news

Agreed can't find anything on this??

that there are trucks arriving in ccroke park

The Leinster football finals are on next Sunday, how do they propose to put up staging before that?

Worst photo shop job ever :D

nah that's genuine. honest to gareth brooks.

• Advertisement

IF they do go ahead, at this stage I want proof its Garth Brooks himself on the stage and not some tribute act.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement