Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Christy Burke saying that the gigs are up to garth brooks now whether he wants them or not
    I wonder have they all reached a compromise on this side of the water and when garth waking up from his lie in today he'll agree or not..

Nothing new really then, this has been the case for the last week. Hopefully Brooks see's sense and agrees to do the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Yes, the 3 gigs that were already offered as stated by Labour last night.

There has to have been ,movement on the other two for them to push the refunds out maybe do it at a later date or something or instead of two have a big gig that can take 160000 ppl in one go up in the park, lets see who buckles first..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Christy Burke saying that the gigs are up to garth brooks now whether he wants them or not
    I wonder have they all reached a compromise on this side of the water and when garth waking up from his lie in today he'll agree or not..

There's nothing else we can do.

All I know is GB may have considered doing 3 last week cause he did ask when would they know the outcome of the injunction. Why bother asking that if he wasnt thinking about it. Now that the injunction is off, he may consider it, I dont know.

If its up to GB to decide, we'll find out this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

There has to have been ,movement on the other two for them to push the refunds out maybe do it at a later date or something or instead of two have a big gig that can take 160000 ppl in one go up in the park, lets see who buckles first..

Multiple ticket purchases would cause probs for refunders.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Multiple ticket purchases would cause probs for refunders.

Especially if you bought on done deal!!

Surely it's too late now to cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If its up to GB to decide, we'll find out this evening.

Why this evening? Is there an announcement scheduled?

If the ticket refunds have been delayed until Thursday, surely this will drag on and on?

DrPhilG wrote: »

If the ticket refunds have been delayed until Thursday, surely this will drag on and on?

Cause why would he drag it out longer.

Our side is done. Its 3 concerts. Take it or leave it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sg1980

chinguetti wrote: »
    Croke Park is required for matches on the 2nd to 4th August. As the stage takes 6 days to put up/take down (going from 1D's work), it will have to end by the Sunday if there's a Saturday match - Tuesday's gig would mean Monday matches.

They would need to start putting up the stage straight after the Leinster Final on Sunday to get it ready for Friday.

They would have been far smarter putting the gigs on in June when they have the dates. End of July onwards to October Croke Park is a busy GAA stadium.

According to Garth Brooks concert license application on Croke Park's website, cleaning on Hill 16 starts 4pm 20th July after the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

Our what ? Enda and Joan are far from done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

We only getting 3 concerts?

• Advertisement

says who??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Then this is pure speculation on your part. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

Our what ? Enda and Joan are far from done.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock............Jimbo

secman wrote: »
    tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock............Jimbo

Will be delighted to take our money elsewhere too :)

Then this is pure speculation on your part. Nothing else.

It is speculation on my part.

But the facts are there. DCC cannot overturn their decision. The government, enda and joan cannot intervene.

Like all politicians, Enda and Joan have friends in low places . . . . :)

WTF is going on... this is seriously taking the piss now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

Pay attention Paddy....... the 5 gigs were cancelled over a week ago........ refunds will commence on Thursday...... actually ready to commence tomorrow..
    ....... tick tock tick tock tick tock..........

secman wrote: »
    Pay attention Paddy....... the 5 gigs were cancelled over a week ago........ refunds will commence on Thursday...... actually ready to commence tomorrow..
    ....... tick tock tick tock tick tock..........

And some foreign clime is about to get a windfall of hard 'garner'ed savings! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd say the refunds have been delayed because they want to do all 5 days in one go. I'd be shocked to see Monday/Tuesday go ahead now, they don't have a licence. But there was no reason for the 3 other to be cancelled.

As I said, the first 3 should go ahead. All 5 will if there is political intervention/wrongdoing in the process.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say the refunds have been delayed because they want to do all 5 days in one go. I'd be shocked to see Monday/Tuesday go ahead now, they don't have a licence. But there was no reason for the 3 other to be cancelled.

As I said, the first 3 should go ahead. All 5 will if there is political intervention/wrongdoing in the process.

Will not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Mushy wrote: »
    But there was no reason for the 3 other to be cancelled.

Garth was the reason

Garth was the reason

^^^This

GB fans need to remember that DCC actually granted 3 licences and it was the "artist" himself who canceled the 3 licenced concerts for his own reasons.

Is anyone looking forward to the new garth brooks website at 7am tomorrow morning ?

Hoping there's an online shop. Im going all out, hats, mugs, pens, keyrings, bags, t-shirts. I love him.

I'll be up at half 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hotel announcing all 5 are going ahead?

https://www.facebook.com/CharlevilleLodgeHotel :confused::confused::confused:

dave1982 wrote: »
    Hotel announcing all 5 are going ahead?

https://www.facebook.com/CharlevilleLodgeHotel :confused::confused::confused:

Thats the second hotel today

Jurys inn Parnell st, prices gone up to 239 for the Tuesday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Is anyone looking forward to the new garth brooks website at 7am tomorrow morning ?

Hoping there's an online shop. Im going all out, hats, mugs, pens, keyrings, bags, t-shirts. I love him.

I'll be up at half 6.

Fair play to ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'll be up at half 6.

Gonna be awkward if the gigs go ahead and you have nothing left to buy.

Also I have no idea why, but I reckon his mercy designer will be ****.

• Advertisement

Thats the second hotel today

Not content with inflating prices they are now inflating hopes of desperately disappointed people...classy 5 star hotels!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement