Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I just heard all 5 going ahead, has that been announced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

bumper234 wrote: »
    Will not happen.

I know, bit too late for that now.
    Garth was the reason
    bumper234 wrote: »
    ^^^This

GB fans need to remember that DCC actually granted 3 licences and it was the "artist" himself who canceled the 3 licenced concerts for his own reasons.

I know he was, I should have said there was no reason from the DCC side to not allow them, hence why they granted the licences.

This hotel lark s ridiculous, why would they find out first? Sure they were caught on the hop by a few lucky people when they were announced, so I doubt it is any different.

?

Was that for me? I got a msg from someone who would know to say that all 5 going ahead, but i had a quick look online and no announcement as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

dave1982 wrote: »
    Hotel announcing all 5 are going ahead?

https://www.facebook.com/CharlevilleLodgeHotel :confused::confused::confused:

They also posted the same thing in the 10th it seems. Take it with a pinch of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

Mushy wrote: »

This hotel lark s ridiculous, why would they find out first? Sure they were caught on the hop by a few lucky people when they were announced, so I doubt it is any different.

hotels are privvy to the secret insider goings on of the elite insider establishment. they are the illuminati and masons all rolled into one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

Don't know if this was posted.
    Gardai suspect up to 40 per cent of objections to Croke Park concerts are forgeries
    I got my refund 2 days ago by calling TM so no tickets for me (I was going to do 5 nights). I am hoping I can get one ticket ticket if the concerts go ahead.

These concerts should not go ahead if right was right, but knowing how things work in this country they probably will, I see a few gombeen politicians have got involved calling for them to get the go ahead. What a country. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

It's designed to drive people from pages like this to their page. No such thing as bad publicity...but an event arranged to give their IT person a slap, would receive a licence from me.

These concerts should not go ahead if right was right, but knowing how things work in this country they probably will, I see a few gombeen politicians have got involved calling for them to get the go ahead. What a country. .

I agree, while I feel bad for the fans it's a disgrace if politicians have interfered in the planning process.

I have however heard that the 5 are going ahead from someone who should know, so I expect an announcement soon, and I am curious to see what, if any, explanation is given for amending what was stated to be an unchangeable decision by DCC

• Advertisement

Sala wrote: »
    I agree, while I feel bad for the fans it's a disgrace if politicians have interfered in the planning process.

I have however heard that the 5 are going ahead from someone who should know, so I expect an announcement soon, and I am curious to see what, if any, explanation is given for amending what was stated to be an unchangeable decision by DCC

€€€€€€

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am curious to see what, if any, explanation is given for amending what was stated to be an unchangeable decision by DCC

If they do go ahead I'd say it will have to do with the fact that DCCs decision was based on objections, a large percentage of which, were forged.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

KoolKid wrote: »
    If they do go ahead I'd say it will have to do with the fact that DCCs decision was based on objections, a large percentage of which, were forged.

The DCC's decision was not soley based on objections. There were other criteria taken into account.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ofcourse there were. But if those objections , and the amount of them, were a part of the decision making process then that process is flawed & should be readdressed. A bit like new information coming to light in a case after a conviction. The case can, and should ,be reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

and I am curious to see what, if any, explanation is given for amending what was stated to be an unchangeable decision by DCC

well DCC were perfectly fine with ignoring aspects of the licence application to let matinee shows happen, so i'm sure with some legal advice they can find some loophole somewhere...whether or not they actually want to is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frenchcowboy

Have you got fresh news concerning the concerts? Will they take place or not? When will the announcement be made?

Thanks

well DCC were perfectly fine with ignoring aspects of the licence application to let matinee shows happen, so i'm sure with some legal advice they can find some loophole somewhere...whether or not they actually want to is a different matter.

I understand that was due to be on same day - the event plan for the day can be amended so it's like one event. Curious to see (if my source is correct!) whether the licences are amended or if there is just a complete uturn and new ones issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Have you got fresh news concerning the concerts? Will they take place or not? When will the announcement be made?

Thanks

Charleville lodge hotel dublin are claiming they have a reliable source who says all 5 are all going ahead. Nothing confirmed but I'm highly doubtful it's true

How should they know? Can we trust them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

we dont know how they would know. and no, we should definitely not trust them.

• Advertisement

Take it with a very large fist of salt! The only way I'll believe it is when Garth himself announces it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

KoolKid wrote: »
    Imagine the AH threads:eek:....

It's all just 'Girth Brooks this and Girth Brooks that over there.

Today they were saying there was '16 week' deadline to apply to the council for event licences, and so Aiken Promotions submitting the licence applications when they did, meant they missed it it by two weeks and when you point out that the legislation was amended in 2012 and it is in fact now a '10 week' deadline' .. eh, you have too much time on your hands apparently :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Thanks

Can we be the 33rd team ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I still think he will do the 3 gigs...I can't believe a performer would leave that many people in the lurch through no fault of their own and not be able to come up with a way of making it up to the others, who don't blame him...free download of his digital archive etc. Many ways of doing it, if the fan comes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

message from France

Thanks

image_thumb%5B2%5D.png?imgmax=800

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I still think he will do the 3 gigs...I can't believe a performer would leave that many people in the lurch through no fault of their own and not be able to come up with a way of making it up to the others, who don't blame him...free download of his digital archive etc. Many ways of doing it, if the fan comes first.

If he pulls this off & gets the 5 concert he will claim he was putting his fans first.

Extremely funny!! I like it!!

RTÉ reporting that talks are ongoing this evening........
    Confirmation that hotel are full of sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Jaysus like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement