Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

KoolKid wrote: »
    Ofcourse there were. But if those objections , and the amount of them, were a part of the decision making process then that process is flawed & should be readdressed. A bit like new information coming to light in a case after a conviction. The case can, and should ,be reopened.

The objections have nothing to do with any of the reasons given for two of the gigs not getting permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Mr.S wrote: »
    Well of course they are, if they "knew" then it would be more widely known, which it isn't.

Oh well... we'll just wait for the world tour details instead. due to be released in the next 2 hours :)

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I still think he will do the 3 gigs...I can't believe a performer would leave that many people in the lurch through no fault of their own and not be able to come up with a way of making it up to the others, who don't blame him...free download of his digital archive etc. Many ways of doing it, if the fan comes first.
    Fans and love of them etc is nonsense from GB. If the fans deserve better organise a few cost price gigs elsewhere next year to apologise for the nonsense.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

kippy wrote: »
    The objections have nothing to do with any of the reasons given for two of the gigs not getting permission.

So are you saying DCC would not take objections lodged against an event into consideration when making their decisions on an event licence??:confused:

So are you saying DCC would not take objections lodged against an event into consideration when making their decisions on an event licence??:confused:
    Not at all.....
    They would be part of the process but not the only part as can be seen from the reasons given as to why the two weekday concerts out of three werent allowed.
    Not sure why people cant fathom this tbh.

• Advertisement

The only bit of accurate news relating to GB online at the moment....

http://www.tfm-usa.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

If they do go ahead I'd say it will have to do with the fact that DCCs decision was based on objections, a large percentage of which, were ALLEGEDLY forged.

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

If they do go ahead I'd say it will have to do with the fact that DCCs decision was based on objections, a large percentage of which, were forged.

That and DCC complete incompetence in handling the whole application process from 14 weeks ago, where they met with Aiken and Aiken agreed to incorporate all their requirements, they gave no indication that anything other than 5 would not be possible and they have not withheld a licence in 30 years, but they along with a small minority of residents got greedy and tried to hold 400,000 people and Dublin business and employees to ransom. The brown envelope demands don't work with the likes of Garth Brooks, I'm so glad he showed up the gombeens and haters in this country for what they are and took on the well proven planning corruption and incompetence of DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

All concerts off. Confirmed. Irish indo twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

no concerts going ahead :(

• Advertisement

RTE have just confirmed same

Well the good news is now we get to go abroad and spend all our dosh there instead, in a country that doesn't have a gombeen corrupt planning system, and leave the banana republic to it.

Confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Well the good news is now we get to go abroad and spend all our dosh there instead, in a country that doesn't have a gombeen corrupt planning system, and leave the banana republic to it.

Lol! Except ya won't, you'll just stay here and complain ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Perhaps the people who have a penchant for defaming DCC should have a look at the actual facts.

Aiken was in mitigation after he submitted his application. 3 draft Event Management Plans where submitted; (whether these where attempts to convince about 5 night or they where requested by DCC, we don't know) giving the absolute lie to any claim that DCC where sitting on their hands. It was obviously a fraught process.
    The 3 draft Event Management Plans where submitted on;
    17th April,
    26th June
    29th June
    these had to be reviewed and assessed by the relevant people. The decision came 5 days later. Which given there was a weekend in there was not bad going.

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    Lol! Except ya won't, you'll just stay here and complain ;)

I'm not complaining at all, in fact actually I'm delighted at the thought of now being able to go to decent professional concert abroad instead and let the cronies loose out on millions . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That and DCC complete incompetence in handling the whole application process from 14 weeks ago, where they met with Aiken and Aiken agreed to incorporate all their requirements, they gave no indication that anything other than 5 would not be possible and they have not withheld a licence in 30 years, but they along with a small minority of residents got greedy and tried to hold 400,000 people and Dublin business and employees to ransom. The brown envelope demands don't work with the likes of Garth Brooks, I'm so glad he showed up the gombeens and haters in this country for what they are and took on the well proven planning corruption and incompetence of DCC.

... because you don't agree with them you mean.

This is how planning is supposed to work. Application, objections if any, decisions.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 otumelty

Reading that statement, sounds like he will not be stopping at croker on his world tour next year...

... because you don't agree with them you mean.

This is how planning is supposed to work. Application, objections if any, decisions.

Adolf, you left out forgeries and pretending that the application would be ok

otumelty wrote: »
    Reading that statement, sounds like he will not be stopping at croker on his world tour next year...

Why would he come back to gombeen land ?

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaa

Idiotic post of the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

bumper234 wrote: »
    FYP.

There has been already confirmation that ELEVEN have been confirmed to be fake objections that DCC were contacted about which in turn lead direction to Gardai investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thank God this is the end of it all now.
    Absolutely sick hearing about it.
    Hope you all manage to get your refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 otumelty

Because he loves us sure
    /s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Because he'll struggle to shift tickets anywhere that isn't here or the u.s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

I'm not complaining at all, in fact actually I'm delighted at the thought of now being able to go to decent professional concert abroad instead and let the cronies loose out on millions . . .

You could always go to decent professional concerts abroad? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

BsiD10RIUAA2CYd.jpg

miju wrote: »
    There has been already confirmation that ELEVEN have been confirmed to be fake objections that DCC were contacted about which in turn lead direction to Gardai investigating.

Until charges are made then they are still allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

ah well. im not a fan at all, but i really feel for all the fans. hard luck guys. it was a massive cock up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Any second now, more tweets will come out saying that the previous tweets were inaccurate and the GB statement was fake etc and the gigs are back on...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement