Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

His statement pretty much said it. He wont be coming here.

I encourage any and all of them that can come see the show, at some point around the world, to bring your irish flags and waive them.

Basically, he's not coming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

What time are the tour dates been announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Jim Rockford

bobrawn20 wrote: »
    You must have spent stupid money on the tickets that you can afford to go abroad with it!

not really the hotels and dublin in general is a rip off

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

bumper234 wrote: »
    Until charges are made then they are still allegations.

Until someone is charged and convicted everyone is presumed innocent of course. But the facts that they were forged appear true
    Gardai began verifying the 380 objections last week. By Friday, detectives had called to 180 of the 380 households. They discovered that between 35pc and 40pc of the residents had no knowledge of the planning objections lodged in their names. -
    source
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/40pc-of-concert-objections-are-bogus-gardai-30426943.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

not really the hotels and dublin in general is a rip off

So for the cost of the hotel in Dublin and whatever spending money you're telling me you can afford a return flight and hotel costs abroad and spending money ?
    Lol, alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

What time are the tour dates been announced?

in 30 mins..... http://www.tfm-usa.com/

So for the cost of the hotel in Dublin and whatever spending money you're telling me you can afford a return flight and hotel costs abroad and spending money ?
    Lol, alright!

More or less, I can get cheap flights to many european cities cheaper than the bus alone was going to cost. The advantages of not having to spend money in the banana republic system are huge. Most cites are a lot cheaper than Dublin. They don't want 400,000 peoples money, suits me !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

If all this has shown me anything, it's what an heartless idiot Garth Brooks is - he loves his fans my backside, he loves money more - no Garth, you're really not the real loser in all of this.

More or less, I can get cheap flights to many european cities cheaper than the bus alone was going to cost. The advantages of not having to spend money in the banana republic system are huge. Most cites are a lot cheaper than Dublin. They don't want 400,000 peoples money, suits me !
    But where are you going to get the flight from...sounds like you still need that bus.

I mean I get it. You're angry and bitter, but just accept that. It was a concert and nothing more..you'll get over it, possibly later than tomorrow..as I hear that's never coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

His statement pretty much said it. He wont be coming here.

I encourage any and all of them that can come see the show, at some point around the world, to bring your irish flags and waive them.

Basically, he's not coming here.

I'm so sorry for you, HardLuckWoman - and all the fans who were really looking forward to the concerts.

I had a ticket for Tuesday myself, but after all the fuss and stuff - and the fact that I was going on my own - I'm not sad about missing out on the show myself.

I'm sad though that as far as I can see - one - or a few - unelected public servants got to have such a final say on something when common sense would indicate that there was a better way to handle the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Haters like yourself adolf are always going to hate . . .

I'll.let a mod take care of this, seeing as you have interest in making any reference to my post.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

leahyl wrote: »
    If all this has shown me anything, it's what an heartless idiot Garth Brooks is - he loves his fans my backside, he loves money more - no Garth, you're really not the real loser in all of this.

Actually I'm an even bigger fan since he stood up to the haters and gombeen planning and brown envelopes in Ireland. They can carry on forging all the objections they like, they've no concerts to sponge off now.

I'll.let a mod take care of this, seeing as you have interest in making any reference to my post.

Make sure you leave out plenty of facts as per usual, and blank out your avatar adolf. lol

Actually I'm an even bigger fan since he stood up to the haters and gombeen planning and brown envelopes in Ireland. They can carry on forging all the objections they like, they've no concerts to sponge off now.

Can't say I agree - he had an opportunity to play 3 concerts and then another 2 later in the year - he could have made it happen, he chose not to - his biggest fanbase outside the U.S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Don't feed the troll.. He's already embarrassed himself on AH with his trail of lies..

Can't say I agree - he had an opportunity to play 3 concerts and then another 2 later in the year - he could have made it happen, he chose not to - his biggest fanbase outside the U.S.

Brooks doesn't do Irish gombeenism . . . and fair play to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

That's the bottom line at the end of the day.

Massive writs will be issued and it will all come out in the wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A V A wrote: »
    BsiD10RIUAA2CYd.jpg

Heard he is gonna waive his fee the next time he plays in Ireland.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Lol, alright!

Of course they can
    Garth brooks ticket 70€
    Hotel (cheapest guess) 70€ b&b?
    Petrol/train (cheapest guess) 20€
    Dinner plus drinks ....etc

I Got a lovely deal for Portugal lovely area nice hotel flights and transfer plus all taxes 199€
    😊

You could probably do better than that again on lowcostholidays.ie

• Advertisement

I started out annoyed with the residents but the more it went on Brooks just looked a bigger eejit, some ego on him. It's sad but if he decides to tour here again, here's one person who won't be going. I'll stick to the CD's in the car :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I'm so sorry for you, HardLuckWoman - and all the fans who were really looking forward to the concerts.

I had a ticket for Tuesday myself, but after all the fuss and stuff - and the fact that I was going on my own - I'm not sad about missing out on the show myself.

I'm sad though that as far as I can see - one - or a few - unelected public servants got to have such a final say on something when common sense would indicate that there was a better way to handle the situation.

Thanks gerbilgranny, im not surprised with the news.

I knew it was over when he garth brooks said it was 5 or nothing on the 3rd of july. I didnt hang onto hope. The weekend gone, I felt much better. I had a 11 day head start with the grieving. I'll see him on his world tour, I definately will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

titchy wrote: »
    Of course they can
    Garth brooks ticket 70€

I Got a lovely deal for Portugal lovely area nice hotel flights and transfer plus all taxes 199€
    😊

Of course ya did

He didn't even apologise to the fans in his statement - just encouraged them to spend even more money by following him to other countries!!

titchy wrote: »
    Of course they can
    Garth brooks ticket 70€

😊

Lol, sure ya did!

He didn't even apologise to the fans in his statement - just encouraged them to spend even more money by following him to other countries!!

Why would he be apologising for standing up to Irish gombeenism ? I'm much happier to be spending my concert money abroad now that see it going into the back pockets of forgers, gombeens and shysters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

that hotel is in for a right pasting!!

Mr.S wrote: »
    The whole thing was a mess from start to finish.

Especially the last 2 weeks.

And now all this talk about 40% of the objections being fake!?

Shambles.

Everyone involved is to blame tbh.

Idealy, he should just have just played the 3 he was allowed and cut the losses and come back later in the year if possible.

I agree that all involved are to blame apart from the ones who are meant to be the most important in all this - the fans. I like Garths music but I wouldn't be a die hard fan or anything, I feel sorry for those that are and were really looking forward to seeing him after all those years

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

120411_Thats_All_Folks_t618.jpg?ba5b5b122dd3d37cc13d83e92a6a0ec0d5bfa32a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

there will be some craic if Andy says Cork or Kilkenny :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement