Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Here's hoping ticketmaster holds up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

wacotaco wrote: »
    I reckon both days won't sell out until 6pm , huge venues.

That's a relief. It's reassuring to know that I can wait until 9 hours after tickets go onsale, and I'll still be able to get one.

I guess if he adds a 3rd show, that won't sell out until next week, right? Huge venues after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Best of luck everyone.

Lets hope we're all happy when we arrive back here tomorrow.

@ Hardluckwoman. If/when you get your ticket, will you change your username? ;)

Sleep tight everyone and fingers crossed for us all to be happy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Here's hoping ticketmaster holds up tomorrow.

There will be a lot of traffic going online in the morning so could be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

not allowed

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone.

Lets hope we're all happy when we arrive back here tomorrow.

@ Hardluckwoman. If/when you get your ticket, will you change your username? ;)

Sleep tight everyone and fingers crossed for us all to be happy!!

Thanks for the lovely message. I'm heading to bed shortly myself. Wishing good wishes for all tomorrow. For those on streets queuing tonight, I hope that you are all good and well tonight and have a good and safe night.

You lucky people in Ireland get to sleep now in preparation for the onsale, while here in California, I'll be up for the next 8 1/2 hours waiting for the onsales to begin.

Depending upon how many shows get added, I might not be goin' down till the sun comes up.

This board might be kind of quiet while you all sleep, but best of luck to all, and I hope those who want to get a ticket, are able to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Good luck to all trying to get tickets tomorrow.

Remember no ticket sales are allowed on boards. Touting tickets is a perm ban from this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I am prob late to the party but make sure you know your bloody verified by visa password. Just spent 1/2 hour with aib trying to get it reset. Only for those online of course. Glad I checked mine. I was locked out for some reason.

How can I check this? I have my card details saved with my ticket master account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I wasnt trying to sell tickets on this forum in anyway, shape or form.

I simply want to see what the general opinion on buying the tickets for resale is. As I said, if its heavily frowned upon then I will not do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

what is the story if two family members are trying to get 6 tickets each and they have the same billing address on the cc? would ticketmaster cancel them? they would be for two different dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Here Comes The Sun

could you have say, the friday and the saturday page both open in seperate tabs. Would that work?
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah that should be fine

Was just lurking on this thread, bit bemused by the demand for tickets & the queues all around the country.

I logged in just to reply to this poster: Do not try for tickets in seperate tabs.
    I did this for Bruce Springsteen, had one tab for Cork and one for Limerick.
    I was in the queue for 5-10 minutes, then got a message saying I could not use multiple tabs/browsers, was kicked out of the queue and had to start again. Fortunately, I still got tickets but you might not be so lucky.

Best of luck tomorrow!

what is the story if two family members are trying to get 6 tickets each and they have the same billing address on the cc? would ticketmaster cancel them? they would be for two different dates.

It depends upon whether they are enforcing the restriction as 6 tickets for all shows or 6 tickets per show.

From my experience, the Ticketmaster system often will match separate orders with the same address, and consider them for the ticket allowance. It would be risky if you exceed the limit, especially if it's a 6 ticket limit for the entire run of shows. If it's 6/show, then you should be fine ordering 6 tickets for each of 2 different dates.

Was just lurking on this thread, bit bemused by the demand for tickets & the queues all around the country.

I logged in just to reply to this poster: Do not try for tickets in seperate tabs.
    I did this for Bruce Springsteen, had one tab for Cork and one for Limerick.
    I was in the queue for 5-10 minutes, then got a message saying I could not use multiple tabs/browsers, was kicked out of the queue and had to start again. Fortunately, I still got tickets but you might not be so lucky.

Excellent advice!! The only way around this is to use 2 different browser types. If you even have the browser loaded in different windows, or it's the same browser type(like Explorer & Chrome), you will run into problems.

What will happen is that when you start searching in the 2nd browser, it will cancel out the 1st browser which is already searching, so you'll still only be searching in one of the browsers, but it will be the 2nd one, and your spot in the queue will have been reset.

If using 2 browsers, make sure they are different, like Firefox and IE will both search separately, and won't create a conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

It depends upon whether they are enforcing the restriction as 6 tickets for all shows or 6 tickets per show.

From my experience, the Ticketmaster system often will match separate orders with the same address, and consider them for the ticket allowance. It would be risky if you exceed the limit, especially if it's a 6 ticket limit for the entire run of shows. If it's 6/show, then you should be fine ordering 6 tickets for each of 2 different dates.

I'm living in the countryside and in my townland there is alot of us here with the same surname and the very same address.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The parents are going to try secure me a ticket tomorrow.

Guess I'll see you all there if I'm lucky :D.

Oh ooo!

I live in rural ireland. My house has no number or name. Let's say I live on a road called
    'The road down the hill' and I live in a village called 'Ballygobackwards'. Lets say my name is Josephine Bloggs.

So my name and address is
    Josephine Bloggs
    The road down the hill
    Ballygobackwards
    Co. Galway

Let's say there are other families living on the same road with the same surname Bloggs, also with no house number or name.

What would happen if they too were to decide to get some tickets.

Would ticketmaster view us all as coming from the one household.

There's a few families where I am with the same surname. Here's hoping they are not interested in tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Originally Posted by nicearbhaill viewpost.gif
    I am prob late to the party but make sure you know your bloody verified by visa password. Just spent 1/2 hour with aib trying to get it reset. Only for those online of course. Glad I checked mine. I was locked out for some reason.
    How can I check this? I have my card details saved with my ticket master account.

if you know your password you will be fine. I thought i did but when went to buy something on ticketmaster tonite just to double check it my registration failed. You can reset it online or call aib and they can reset it for you
    http://www.aib.ie/personal/online-services/Secure-Internet-Shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Are these really gonna sell that quick tomorrow?150000+ is a lot of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Thanks for the link for verifying the visa card. Just done it now. Time for bed now. Fingers crossed we all get what we want and where in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm working until half 8. Should be home by 9, as I just don't trust the bloody phone app!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

If your card details are saved on your ticketmaster account do you still need a visa verfify code?Can't remember being asked for beyonce tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

bigpink wrote: »
    If your card details are saved on your ticketmaster account do you still need a visa verfify code?Can't remember being asked for beyonce tickets

Yes. You will still need to go through the verify visa process.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just got a taxi in Carlow and passed a good few people queing outside the local ticketmaster . In this weather dafuq

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Toast wrote: »
    Croke Park capacity for matches is 82k. The stand behind the stage is unused when a gig is on though there is extra capacity on the pitch. For past gigs typically the number given is about 60k. If it's 2 nights it will be 120k but most seem to think it will be 3 so 180k or about 4.5% of the population of the country.

Not sure how you arrived at 60k.
    It's 82k for matches. The Hill and Nally is off limits for the show, but that's the lowest capacity section, holding about 13k. They'll easily get 13k on to the pitch. With all seats filled, they could do a 85K concert. They might need to take out a section or two, So it might be 80k a show.

The seating plan for Garth Brooks on uses all seated sections.
    14645s_a.jpg

Less than 200 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh my nerves are fried. thought i missed it :o:o i may need therapy after this.

i hope every one who is queuing are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh my nerves are fried. thought i missed it :o:o i may need therapy after this.

i hope every one who is queuing are ok

I'd say their nerves are the opposite at this point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Laptop works. Internet works. I'm calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

bradlente wrote: »
    I'd say their nerves are the opposite at this point!

i know.

morning hardluckwoman. hopefully in two hours we will have our hands on garth brooks tickets. :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement