Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

Just out if interest, after all this debacle and utter mess, if he was to return in a few years time when the dust settles, would he ever get that massive volume of tickets sales here again, or has he totally **** on his chances of selling out here again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Just out if interest, after all this debacle and utter mess, if he was to return in a few years time when the dust settles, would he ever get that massive volume of tickets sales here again, or has he totally **** on his chances of selling out here again?

Will people vote FF in the next election?

There's your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Some of God's greatest gifts are unattended gigs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/crushed-garth-brooks-confirms-croke-park-cancellations-30430983.html
    Garth Brooks has confirmed in a statement that none of the five Croke Park concerts will go ahead.

The country and western singer said he has just received the news that Dublin City Council 'cannot change their earlier ruling to not allow the licences for all five shows’ and the Ticketmaster ticket refunds will go ahead as planned.

“I have always been advised to NEVER send a message in “the moment.” It is said it is best to take a walk, wait awhile, and think about it,” he wrote in a statement through his public relations company Nancy Seltzer and Associates, based in LA.

advertisement

He continued; “With that said, I just received the news the Irish council cannot change their earlier ruling to not allow the licenses for all five shows.

“To say I am crushed is an understatement. All I see is my mother’s face and I hear her voice. She always said things happen for a reason and for the right reason. As hard as I try, I cannot see the light on this one.
    "So it is with a broken heart, I announce the ticket refunds for the event will go as posted by TicketMaster.”

The singer thanked the Irish authorities ‘for going the distance for all of us who wanted to share the songs and dance together’.
    He also thanked ‘the people around the world that continued to think good thoughts that this would actually happen’.

The singer used the statement to thank Peter Aiken and the 400,000 people ‘who believed enough to go through what they have been through to get to this point’.

“I love you, always have, always will,” he wrote.
    “I encourage any and all of them that can come see the show, at some point around the world, to bring your Irish flags and waive them proudly at the concerts. I will be looking for you.…Garth,” he signed the note.
    The statement comes after almost two weeks of deliberations between Garth’s management, Aiken Promotions and the Dublin City Council to see if the Croke Park concert licensing agreement could be reversed.
    Tickets for five of Garth Brooks’ Comeback Special concerts went on sale in January, but it transpired a fortnight ago that only three of the concerts had licenses granted.

Aiken Promotions followed up Garth's note with the statement saying they 'regret to announce that despite pursuing all possible solutions, the five concert Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event at Croke Park is cancelled. No concerts will take place'.
    They also confirmed that the ticket return process will begin on Thursday, July 17 at 9am.

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/2153-the-garth-brooks-comeback-special-event.html

Aiken Promotions regret to announce that despite pursuing all possible solutions, the 5 concert Garth Brooks Comeback Special Event at Croke Park is cancelled. No concerts will take place.

The ticket return process will begin on Thursday 17 July at 9am through Ticketmaster.
    Garth Brooks refund process from Ticketmaster:
    Please visit the following link for further information: tinyurl.com/lezamm7

All that's left is to find out who forged the objections, paid off the scaffaldor and fire everyone in DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I wonder will ticket master have to take the financial hit or GB? They are refunding booking fees so they had to sell then refund 400k tickets without charging for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Brooks doesn't do Irish gombeenism . . . and fair play to him

Do you know what gombeen means? Surely, if DCC's final decision was quashed and the five gigs went ahead THEN gombeenism would have occurred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Mr.S wrote: »
    Aye its a pitty, would have been very good for Dublin too. The minority didn't want the shows the happen and they got what they wanted I guess.

The residents lost out on potentially securing a proper agreement in relation to max number of events / concerts in Croke Park per year, so no doubt we'll see this debacle again in the next few years.

Crazy though. Who's ever going to sell 5 nights in Croke Park again? I can't think of anyone.

Hard to say, i'd so most people would buy tickets again though.

I'd say the residents will get a copperfast agreement. GAA are not stupid, no promoter will touch it without an agreement in place now.

Big win for the small man/woman. And they didn't do anything they haven't done before. :)
    Big expensive lesson for the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Sala wrote: »
    I wonder will ticket master have to take the financial hit or GB? They are refunding booking fees so they had to sell then refund 400k tickets without charging for it

Surely TM will have made a bit of interest on 400k ticket sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Garth Brooks did'nt get to where he is by dealing with idiots who go back on their word and then tell him something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm no banker but wouldn't they have made quite a bit on interest from ticket sales resting in whatever bank accounts?

Yeah wonder what the interest is on 32 million and change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Of course ya did

Here's result of a very quick search...why would I lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

chasm wrote: »
    Surely TM will have made a bit of interest on 400k ticket sales?
    I'm no banker but wouldn't they have made quite a bit on interest from ticket sales resting in whatever bank accounts?
    calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah wonder what the interest is on 32 million and change.

So many people have been posting this theory, but by and large (AFAIK) most companies don't keep money like that in interest bearing accounts, and plenty of banks wouldn't offer them in any case, so there may well be effect no interest to be earned. Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

titchy wrote: »

Wow that looks lovely :-P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Something must have happened as this morning rosters had been circulated.

Also on a lighter note the Hotel that confirmed he was playing is getting dogs abuse https://www.facebook.com/CharlevilleLodgeHotel

cython wrote: »
    So many people have been posting this theory, but by and large (AFAIK) most companies don't keep money like that in interest bearing accounts, and plenty of banks wouldn't offer them in any case, so there may well be effect no interest to be earned. Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww :(

Oh well back to bashing Aiken and Brookes it is so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Would the money only be handed over at the last minute? I presumed some of it would go towards productions costs in the early stages but you're probably right. What would interest be? At 2% it'd be 70c per ticket for half the year (sorry very crude calculations) that wouldn't cover the operational costs of printing selling and refunding them I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

stevieob wrote: »
    that hotel is in for a right pasting!!

They are getting it down their neck on Facebook

miju wrote: »
    Something must have happened as this morning rosters had been circulated.

Also on a lighter note the Hotel that confirmed he was playing is getting dogs abuse https://www.facebook.com/CharlevilleLodgeHotel

lmao you could hardly call that a hotel , gloried B&B even would be a stretch, what have they 10 rooms maybe???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bought a Garth Brooks USB memory stick yesterday,it was meant to have 5 gigs but when i plugged it in it only showed 3 gigs.Today it wont even work at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

At least I get my refund, happy days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Bought a Garth Brooks USB memory stick yesterday,it was meant to have 5 gigs but when i plugged it in it only showed 3 gigs.Today it wont even work at all

Probably Fat32.
    Sounds about right.

leahyl wrote: »
    Wow that looks lovely :-P

At least some one believed me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That's €367 not €199 and it's for October when the place will be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Made me snarf water out of my nose :D

Gonna get my refund from ticketmaster but think i might keep my bus ticket with aircoach and take a day trip to Dublin anyway - go to the zoo, eat out, see a show - sounds good :-)

That's €367 and it's for October when the place will be dead.

€367 for two people....and no deader than Dublin will be in July ;)

At least some one believed me :)

Well I just thought it looked nice :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Gonna get my refund from ticketmaster but think i might keep my bus ticket with aircoach and take a day trip to Dublin anyway - go to the zoo, eat out, see a show - sounds good :-)
    F*ck the Zoo. Sh1thole.

You'd be tired walking round that looking at the few depressed Animals they have drenched in the smell of their own p1ss and sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Croke park skyline tour should be back on.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Croke park skyline tour should be back on.

Lol perfect thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement