Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

leahyl wrote: »
    Gonna get my refund from ticketmaster but think i might keep my bus ticket with aircoach and take a day trip to Dublin anyway - go to the zoo, eat out, see a show - sounds good :-)

Fota is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Gonna get my refund from ticketmaster but think i might keep my bus ticket with aircoach and take a day trip to Dublin anyway - go to the zoo, eat out, see a show - sounds good :-)

Aiken also have the comedy festival on in Iveagh Gardens (I think) that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

First city on the tour is Chicago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

F*ck the Zoo. Sh1thole.

You'd be tired walking round that looking at the few depressed Animals they have drenched in the smell of their own p1ss and sh1t.

You're right!

Pity the concerts didn't go ahead he could have seen that with the Garthy fans in Temple Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Garth Brook's first city on his world tour in the USA is Chicago. No dates announced yet.

Maybe i'm jumping the gun a bit, but I checked the prices on skyscanner for October and I can get a return for around €500. Ohhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

calex71 wrote: »
    Fota is much better.

Really?? Zoo not worth a visit at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Garth Brook's first city on his world tour in the USA is Chicago. No dates announced yet.

Maybe i'm jumping the gun a bit, but I checked the prices on skyscanner for October and I can get a return for around €500. Ohhh
    Don't forget Google Flights
    Tayto Park is much MUCH better than it.

Zoo should be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Refunds aside, I look forward to seeing how Aiken will compensate any of the 240k fans with expenses lost for three fully licensed gigs! As for the Brooks emails - he must think he is writing to a country of leprachauns! The game of brinkmanship he played was awful!

Oh it is for sure was only there last year going again in a few weeks, just Fota was better over all imo.

Oh it is for sure was only there last year going again in a few weeks, just Fota was better over all imo.

Cheers, Fota is pretty nice alright - have been a food few times being from Cork but never been to the zoo so wouldn't mind going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Nonsense, it's good, just not as good as Fota.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Nonsense, it's good, just not as good as Fota.

Ok calm down, he didn't say what he thought about the zoo so I was wondering

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

lmao you could hardly call that a hotel , gloried B&B even would be a stretch, what have they 10 rooms maybe???? :D

The attitude in their apology post says it all....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

F*ck the Zoo. Sh1thole.

You'd be tired walking round that looking at the few depressed Animals they have drenched in the smell of their own p1ss and sh1t.

fota is good but totally different to the Zoo. It is more a wildlife park than a zoo. IMO Zoo is fantastic. Go quite regular as we live close and are annual members. It was done up a good few years ago and probably tripled in size with extra land from the Aras. The African Plains, an Island for the Gorillas, are just a couple of the stand out features.

Any interest in Animals at all, you will thoroughly enjoy. I bet Rucking Fetard probably hasn't been there in donkeys.... if he ever was at all even!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

lmao you could hardly call that a hotel , gloried B&B even would be a stretch, what have they 10 rooms maybe???? :D
    KoolKid wrote: »

i just checked the prices €135 room only midweek...... hahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

KoolKid wrote: »

Absolutely the right response to the idiots too. There where rumours all day.
    Some of them (fans) seriously need a sense of perspective.
    Has the world ended now it definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

people saying he should have played the 3 gigs he was offered, i thought somebody was trying to bring it to court to have those concerts stopped as-well. i know he got threats and back down but if he pursued it would he have won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

stevieob wrote: »
    I bet Rucking Fetard probably hasn't been there in donkeys.... if he ever was at all even!
    It's not 6 Months.

Very disappointing.

Hadn't been since I was a young'un, wouldn't go again.

Felt sorry for the Animals that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

miju wrote: »
    Something must have happened as this morning rosters had been circulated.

Also on a lighter note the Hotel that confirmed he was playing is getting dogs abuse https://www.facebook.com/CharlevilleLodgeHotel

Haha, their latest comment/apology is hilarious. :D

Ok calm down, he didn't say what he thought about the zoo so I was wondering

Yeah the Zoo is fab and sure if Fota is only down the road were you're like "I can see it when ever.... for the 100th time" the Zoo is a different experience and throw in a the couple of borrowed kids we took last time to the Zoo sure we had a great day....... lmao look at what this thread has become trips to the zoo and garth brooks concerts being swapped around like it was nothing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Could this all be a massive big PR stunt to try get someone in charge to finally 5hit or get off the pot?

Part of me is skeptical that this is the end of it.

I hear politicians are being summonsed to Leinster House for another all nighter to push trough emergency legislation to allow for Chuck Norris to go kick Garth's ass*

*may or may not be true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Could this all be a massive big PR stunt to try get someone in charge to finally 5hit or get off the pot?

Part of me is skeptical that this is the end of it.

I hear politicians are being summonsed to Leinster House for another all nighter to push trough emergency legislation to allow for Chuck Norris to go kick Garth's ass*

*may or may not be true :)

It's over man. And if it was/is a PR stunt it's backfiring spectacularly with the alienation of just about everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

good riddance to brooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

nm wrote: »
    It's over man.

Not yet.
    Far be it for me to quote myself but...........
    mikom wrote: »
    This clusterfuck is so gonna end up in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

barney4001 wrote: »
    good riddance to brooks

I just think its a very sad state of affairs, to think that an event that sold so well, is now totally cancelled.

I can still understand the dilemma, if they'd gone ahead with the first three gigs if they cancelled the last two. A bizarre situation where two massive gigs would have been cancelled, but not due to lack of ticket sales.

Another thing I can't understand is some people still criticising the promoters, for putting the tickets on sale when they did, and subject to licence, when it has been explained by Denis Desmond of MCD and Peter Aiken on separate radio interviews over the last few days, that this is done by all the various promoters, because it takes ages to get the licence from the relevant local authorities, in the area in which any of the various outdoor gigs are held.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

Glorified big Tom, good riddence!

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Glorified big Tom, good riddence!

You might be onto something...for such a global megastar, his website is shockingly bad.
    Looks like it's waiting for some young fella to get home from the day job to update. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Genuinely heart broke right now & very annoyed over this whole thing :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Genuinely heart broke right now & very annoyed over this whole thing :-(

Heartbroken?!?!

Brilliant.

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »
    Heartbroken?!?!

Brilliant.

Steady on tiger...sunbabe was one of the genuine fans. They have lost most here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement