Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options
1190191192193194196»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The fact is that there would have a five in a row comeback special here in Ireland this year only for scurrilous and nefarious goings on regarding resident complaints and court injunctions.

Brooks is the performer who 'really wanted to do the shows', there would have been shows only for him. That is a fact.

The problems with the 5 shows was long telegraphed by some and unfortunately not by others, and they failed to act. I would have liked to have seen the shows go ahead, but 5 in a row was never feasible, not in normal terms and certainly not in historic terms with the area. It's just unfortunate some people tried to bluff their way through the process and got stung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

bumper234 wrote: »
    Oh my i can almost taste the bitterness from this diatribe :D

Ah, the usual last resort of those who can't come up with a worthy retort: attack the poster.

No bitterness. Just truth. Sorry you can't handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Ah, the usual last resort of those who can't come up with a worthy retort: attack the poster.

No bitterness. Just truth. Sorry you can't handle it.

I attacked to post not the poster, seems getting things wrong is turning into quite the habit for GB fans lately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Take that EU Directives stuff to PM, No one gives a turd about it only ye 2/3.

Filling the thread with drivel.

Oh it's drivel when it shows the DCC were wrong in their actions? I see :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

miju wrote: »
    Oh it's drivel when it shows the DCC were wrong in their actions? I see :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    You're only realising this now.

:rolleyes:

Did I do the face thing right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

bumper234 wrote: »
    I attacked to post not the poster, seems getting things wrong is turning into quite the habit for GB fans lately.

If there is bitterness in a post (which you suggested there was) then you are inferring that the person who posted it, harbours bitterness about whatever it is that they were posting about.

And that sunshine, is playing the man and not the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

If there is bitterness in a post, then you are inferring that the person who posted it, is harbours bitterness about whatever they are posting about.

And that sunshine, is playing the man and not the ball.

You see what you choose to see i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Like I said in the other thread this is something your picking the wrong argument on as it's what I DO for the last number of years. Basically, the terms ‘registerable interest' and 'relative' are interpreted as per Section 2 of the Ethics in Public Office Act, 1995 (which is the implement used to transcribe the EU Directives into Irish law)

See below for relevant parts, I await your reasoning as to how this is wrong now :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess thats the problem with people thinking they know it all , when they clearly dont ;)

That would be relevant in a planning application, this was an application for an Event Licence. And afaics there is no requirement.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    That would be relevant in a planning application, this was an application for an Event Licence. And afaics there is no requirement.

Knew you couldnt admit it :P

It's actually for ANYTHING to do with Public Service processes that has a decision making process from procurement right through to planning. Can you please stop trying to talk about something you clearly know nothing about now?

Knew you couldnt admit it :P

It's actually for ANYTHING to do with Public Service processes that has a decision making process from procurement right through to planning. Can you please stop trying to talk about something you clearly know nothing about now?

Afaik it isn't relevant here...and we'll soon see, if it was I am sure something will be done about it.

But carry on inferring he is corrupt in some way...classy.

• Advertisement

Well like I said you clearly have no knowledge of the above issue or regulations so forgive me if I dont pay attention to your opinion on this one :P

Also I didn't infer corruption once (nepotism may be a better term if you were going down that route) what I did state however was that it was a breach of the relevant regulations both Irish and EU wide

Well like I said you clearly have no knowledge of the above issue or regulations so forgive me if I dont pay attention to your opinion on this one :P

Also I didn't infer corruption once (nepotism may be a better term if you were going down that route) what I did state however was that it was a breach of the relevant regulations both Irish and EU wide

Anyway, Mary Lou clearly knew that he had property and relatives there, so it is public knowledge somewhere and not hidden.
    All we found out this morning is that Owen Keegan didn't know which is not the same as saying it is an 'unregistered conflict of interest'.

Clarity on it's relevance needed here and whether it was in fact 'unregistered'.
    We shall see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Keegan last week wrote a letter to TD's and Senators that are members of the committee that met today, stating that they would be conflicted if they had any ties or involvement with the GAA.

It then emerged that Mr Keogan himself, the head of the planning department, has connections to the GAA.

Either corrupt or just somewhat incompetent.
    Mr Keegan also apologised to TDs and senators who are members of the committee after he wrote a letter last week suggesting that they could be conflicted if they have GAA connections.

It emerged at the meeting that Mr Keogan, the head of the planning department, has GAA connections.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/dcc-boss-owen-keegan-says-council-made-no-effort-to-verify-garth-brooks-objections-30433523.html

Keegan last week wrote a letter to TD's and Senators that are members of the committee that met today, stating that they would be conflicted if they had any ties or involvement with the GAA.

It then emerged that Mr Keogan himself, the head of the planning department, has connections to the GAA.

This is exactly how it works, the fact that Keegan "wasn't aware" says it all, will be interesting to see where it goes for sure

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

And there it is kids. The great Garth Brooks saga comes to an end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement