Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he hasn't announced any dates yet anywhere in the world though, has he?

i'd have thought a full world tour will be announced whenever there's an official announcement, so unless he's launching the whole thing from here, i doubt it's GB. wouldn't make much sense for him to fly out here, announce an Irish gig, and then that's it.
    I suppose seeing as he enjoyed the previous Croke Park gigs so much, maybe he loves Ireland so is actually announcing a full tour from here....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

he hasn't announced any dates yet anywhere in the world though, has he?

i'd have thought a full world tour will be announced whenever there's an official announcement, so unless he's launching the whole thing from here, i doubt it's GB. wouldn't make much sense for him to fly out here, announce an Irish gig, and then that's it.

Yea and maybe the first date of the tour is Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

How do I get to Croke Park, from Dublin City?

Im there

Wait. How do we know if its Garth Brooks for sure?

It'll be such a wasted trip from Galway to find Bono at Croke Park on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Im there

Taxi will cost a tenner at most, walk it in 10/15mins

Yea and maybe the first date of the tour is Ireland

Makes sense on a huge tour, start off in the place furthest West and work inwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Im there

college is out monday. :cool:

also, kinda makes sense, he loves ireland, plus he named his daughter Ireland. so i think him coming here makes sense

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    college is out monday. :cool:

also, kinda makes sense, he loves ireland, plus he named his daughter Ireland. so i think him coming here makes sense

If he's coming he'll be here on Sat probably, more than likely staying at The Four Seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

He might play a few tunes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

scudzilla wrote: »
    If he's coming he'll be here on Sat probably, more than likely staying at The Four Seasons

I think he will be staying here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I can't wait for this. I love Garth Brooks. He had such a beautiful arse back in the day in his black jeans. And his belt was just fúcking tease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I would love to head up to Croke Park for Monday but I can't due to work.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Doesn't matter what day it is, it's gonna be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

did anyone see the recent show that was broadcast on tv in the us

I thought he sang the songs well but talked a bit too much hope he doesnt do that for this tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Posted this in another thread but I'll stick it here too.

I googled 'Gareth Brooks Private Jet' and found info that points to him owning/leasing a jet with the tail number N810GT. See photo here.

There is a website used by flight geeks like me called FlightAware, using this tail number you are able to monitor that planes flight plans. N810GT has a flight scheduled from Bangor Intl Colorado to Dublin Airport arriving tomorrow just after 9am. See here

BOOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

lc180 wrote: »
    Posted this in another thread but I'll stick it here too.

I googled 'Gareth Brooks Private Jet' and found info that points to him owning/leasing a jet with the tail number N810GT. See photo here.

There is a website used by flight geeks like me called FlightAware, using this tail number you are able to monitor that planes flight plans. N810GT has a flight scheduled from Bangor Intl Colorado to Dublin Airport arriving tomorrow just after 9am. See here

BOOM

That map shows the flight coming from closer to Boston than Colorado... It's also only a 5 1/2 hour flight, so can't be middle America.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Reati wrote: »
    That map shows the flight coming from closer to Boston than Colorado... It's also only a 5 1/2 hour flight, so can't be middle America.

Sorry just googled Bangor and its not in Colorado, its in Maine New England which is east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Those small planes wouldnt have the fuel for denver-dublin, probably a refuel in Bangor.

More to the point, YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

IM SOOOOO EXCITED - I JUST HAD TO LET IT OUT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Download an app radar24 see if you can match it up on that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks like the flight got delayed, he's not due to land until midday now...
    http://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/N810GT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Tubs just let the Cat out of the bag and said Garth Brooks will be on 2fm today to announce information on his upcoming tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Will Leahy will be disappointed he didn't get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Reati wrote: »
    Tubs just let the Cat out of the bag and said Garth Brooks will be on 2fm today to announce information on his upcoming tour!

Worst kept secret ever anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He will play Croke Park on July 25th and July 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I think we need to combine this thread with the "Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

So who will be going to either of these gigs?

Maybe we can help him outsell One Direction ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i would soo love that. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Skybox

So just wondering what the best way of securing tickets for Garth Brooks? Is there any advantage to queuing up overnight outside a Ticketmaster outlet? Say the tickets go onsale at 8am or whatever time online, do they let you in store earlier to purchase tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Best thing to do is register an account with TM and add your card to your TM account if you haven't already. If you have a smartphone, download the TM app. On the morning, sign in to your account, hit refresh until it goes on sale and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

Skybox I was wondering the same myself. is there any way to Preorder in any of the ticketmaster outlets? Id travel to any of them in order to get a chance at picking up 9 of them for the Saturday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement