Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Toast wrote: »
    at 9.00am if you hit refresh then that no tickets available bit changes to the ticket selection screen.
    But what about the multiple times it has been reported in papers, etc. that Ticketmaster said NOT to hit refresh at all? (None of which I can find now, of course, but I did read it several times)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's not on the app for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Learning To Live Again

Misty Moon wrote: »
    But what about the multiple times it has been reported in papers, etc. that Ticketmaster said NOT to hit refresh at all? (None of which I can find now, of course, but I did read it several times)

If you do not hit refresh at/after 9 then you will sit at the "Tickets not currently available" screen indefinitely. You MUST hit refresh at/after 9 to get access to the ticket page. Ticketmaster doesn't want you hitting the refresh key a million times because they will lock you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

Presume the ticket master outlets take credit card or would it be all cash on mornings like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's not on the app for me

Do a search for garth brooks. Its on my app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Do a search for garth brooks. Its on my app.
    Link to app - GB tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone know how to check if you'll need to do the "Verified by visa" crap in advance? Just so I know the correct password and don't enter the wrong one first attempt etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

At 9 hit refresh to get the tickets available message.

Don't refresh once you are in the queue buying the tickets with the timers on the screen as it will reset the timers putting you at the back of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Logged in to full site on phone getting error 503 service unavailable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

My nerves!!! Oh gosh, all I want is one standing ticket.. thats all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

I've come to the conclusion that no artist is worth this much stress. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

cormie wrote: »
    Anyone know how to check if you'll need to do the "Verified by visa" crap in advance? Just so I know the correct password and don't enter the wrong one first attempt etc?

do a google search for verified by visa plus your banks name. they should have a site you can log in and reset password etc. you will need to use it to buy the tickets online so youll need to know your password

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

don't be afraid to hit refresh before 9, Glasto tickets went out 5 mins early a few years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They are talking about AFTER you've selected the tickets.

That "tickets are not currently available from ticketmaster" will never change on its own. You need to refresh at a time after the tickets are put on sale (preferably as soon to the second past 9am as possible).

What SHOULD happen at that time is you get a drop down screen with a select how many tickets you want, which section etc. You fill in the blanks and press Find tickets.

You then get a captcha (one of those fill in the above words things)

You will then get a screen that says "searching for tickets your wait time is..." and a wait time. This screen specifically says DO NOT REFRESH and this is the screen you shouldn't refresh.

You will then get (hopefully) a screen showing what seats you've got and if you want them. The next screen gives the option of selecting delivery type (print at home or physical tickets)... then the next asks you to sign in if you are not... the final screen asks for a credit card (which includes a final Verified by Visa / Mastercard security check).

At the end of all that you should have a confirmation screen for your order and tickets.

Keep in mind all this is what should happen when things are working smoothly and when the site is under load it is possible for connection timed out screens or other server errors to pop up. In that situation you should refresh but if you are on a screen that specifically says not to refresh and it appears to be trying to load something DO NOT REFRESH.

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Logged in to full site on phone getting error 503 service unavailable :(

yeah site taking ages to load on my phone too ... not looking good for 9am :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Less than 10 mins to go.

my trigger finger is shaking already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

cormie wrote: »

You will need to do the Verified By Visa. It's kind of standard on Ticketmaster now. This came up last week, and someone suggested buying something cheap from another site that uses VBV and entering it in that way to check you've got the right password. But running that type of test is looking risky now with ten - no, nine - minutes to go.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Sweaty hands. This is like my driving test.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks Kaiser and delbert :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The tm app just keeps crashing for me on the phone. Think it's going to be one of those days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

7 mins!!!!! Come on my nerves can't take much more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rule Croke out, only allowed 3 gigs per year and 1D have them sewn up

Orly? :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Thanks everyone. Can't believe my nerves at the moment to be honest. It's only a concert. :p This is why I normally let other people do the purchasing of tickets for very popular things. If it was just me I'd probably be less worried but I promised a friend I'd try and get her a ticket, too, so now I have the pressure of potentially disappointing her.

anyone daring to refresh yet or too afraid it'll crash before 9 ?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

My hands are literally sweating

You will need to do the Verified By Visa. It's kind of standard on Ticketmaster now. This came up last week, and someone suggested buying something cheap from another site that uses VBV and entering it in that way to check you've got the right password. But running that type of test is looking risky now with ten - no, nine - minutes to go.

provided you can figure out your password in circa 5 mins it's grand, cos TM holds your ticket selection for a period of time allowing you to complete a transaction - or at least it used to

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

So nervous now to try and get these!! App and computer at the ready.. hopefully one comes up as trumps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Thanks everyone. Can't believe my nerves at the moment to be honest. It's only a concert. :p This is why I normally let other people do the purchasing of tickets for very popular things. If it was just me I'd probably be less worried but I promised a friend I'd try and get her a ticket, too, so now I have the pressure of potentially disappointing her.

My friend is getting mine, no point in all 3 of us going online clogging up the system. so yeah now I'm feeling the nerves

i feel sick :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Are two dates in Croker going to sell out? I didn't know he was this popular. Didn't even know who he was before all the hype.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement