Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Unless Ticketmaster, the artist and/or the promoter announce a pre-sale then there isn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

thats a balls.. I just spoke to one of the ticketmaster outlets in Kildare and they have 3 pages of names. They are taking money this Thursday from people but theres no guarantee that they will get those people tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

3 pages of names? What good is that? If you're in the queue first, surely that matters over pages of names.

Hope so.

Have a feeling il be living on shop street early next week.

Im not too sure.. if the lady in ticketmaster can put the lists of people through before the customers that queue. Then im screwed.

Are they even allowed to take names and payments before they go on sale.

• Advertisement

Think its a case of who you know..One lady put down 21 names on the list

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

I have a way, although I have no intention of informing every Thomas, Richard and Harold. The 'way' would then become less effective as you might imagine. PM me for details OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Cbeamy wrote: »
    Skybox I was wondering the same myself. is there any way to Preorder in any of the ticketmaster outlets? Id travel to any of them in order to get a chance at picking up 9 of them for the Saturday night.

There will be a limit of either 6 or 8 tickets per transaction.

If you put through multiple transactions on one card/or to same address then TM will cancel any additional orders!!

You will need two registered addresses.

We have a plan of two or 3 of us queuing and another of us online. Ticketmaster is not confiming how many per person and the agents are not being very helpful either. That's if the Carlow store is anything to go by.

Mr.S wrote: »
    There is no 100% guaranteed way...

--

The good news is, ticketmaster finally have decent servers, gone are the days where the site crashes under load.

Basically, to maximise your chances:
    1. Have the event page open a good bit before tickets go on sale
    2. Do not click refresh before the on sale time. There is no point.
    3. 1 second or 2 AFTER the on sale time, click refresh. ONCE.
    4. Click Find Tickets.
    5. Fill in each box with how many you want, section etc.
    6. Click order/find tickets ONCE.
    7. WAIT. DO NOT REFRESH.
    8. Buy tickets as per instructions.

Have a ticketmaster account already created with ALL details (addresses and Credit Card info etc) make sure you are logged in.

KNOW YOUR VERIFIED BY VISA/MASTERCARD A/C AND PASSWORD - THIS WILL BE ASKED and ****s up a lot of people.

Basically, if you are not patient and refresh when it site takes a while to load, you'll miss out. Only ever click ONCE and never refresh. Just let it load.

Use the Smartphone App if you want to have a double chance of getting tickets. I've found the app buggy though when processing Mastercard payments.

No point queuing up at the outlets, they take from the same pool as online orders.

Phone is usually impossible to get an order through, but no harm in trying while you wait in the online queue.

And thats that.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

i got mine sorted sometimes it great having friends in high (low) places

recyclops wrote: »
    i got mine sorted sometimes it great having friends in high (low) places

Gospel truth

;)

Limit is 6 per person ticketmaster just advised. thanks Lads, I wish I had your friends in high places too but I am just a lowly fan!

Is there a shopping cart or something on ticketmaster.

Can you add friday and saturday tickets together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No, really. There isn't! Unless you mean Fanclub links, presales, premiums etc. But thats cheating!

There used to be a few "off the grid" ticket outlets that would get a preprinted allocation of tickets for gigs rather than have to print them from the general pool. Sound Cellar on Nassau St. being the most famous. I have no idea if this is still the case (or if Sound Cellar is still open) but in the past if something sold out online that would be the place to head.

Toast wrote: »
    There used to be a few "off the grid" ticket outlets that would get a preprinted allocation of tickets for gigs rather than have to print them from the general pool. Sound Cellar on Nassau St. being the most famous. I have no idea if this is still the case (or if Sound Cellar is still open) but in the past if something sold out online that would be the place to head.

Close, I'll give you a cigar, but there are others in the box

;)

As much as I would love to get them online. I've got mobile internet and im terrified of the network going down. It has happened with three, quite alot actually. Im almost in tears just thinking about it. I'll do whatever it takes.

Queue up, with laptop in hand maybe.

Sound Cellar does still do it, I would imagine their allocation is gone by now though, I remember reserving tickets with them for stuff in the Point back in the day and waltzing in on the day of sale past the TM queues heh.

There's another record shop in town that still does it, off Temple Bar. I can't remember the name though, looks like it should be back in the 60's.

'The 60's shop' it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Is there a shopping cart or something on ticketmaster.

Can you add friday and saturday tickets together.

No. You'll have to do them as two separate transactions.
    Buy for one show, then go back and start all over again.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Just another thing. If I was to queue up for tickets.

Can I go in and say I want whatever, hand over cash, print tickets.

Would they use online TM themselves and ask me for my details, name, address etc. Cause time could be saved instead of telling someone else your details. Sure I can type it in myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They've their own kiosk software which is different to the webpage. They usually take a name even if you pay cash (they won't check it though so no ID is required). You'd probably want to know exactly what tickets you want and have a few fallbacks predecided upon if they're not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JJ wrote: »
    Best thing to do is register an account with TM and add your card to your TM account if you haven't already. If you have a smartphone, download the TM app. On the morning, sign in to your account, hit refresh until it goes on sale and hope for the best.
    Agreed up until the refresh part
    1. Have the event page open a good bit before tickets go on sale
    2. Do not click refresh before the on sale time. There is no point.
    3. 1 second or 2 AFTER the on sale time, click refresh. ONCE.
    4. Click Find Tickets.
    5. Fill in each box with how many you want, section etc.
    6. Click order/find tickets ONCE.
    7. WAIT. DO NOT REFRESH.
    8. Buy tickets as per instructions.
    +1, I refresh after 5-10 seconds into the selling time, I have a GMT website open to have the correct time.

I have lost out when refreshing in the past, I have never failed with the short wait method, got ACDC tickets when they played the O2 like this, which were gone really fast.

The other option is trying to phone, not sure if you can phone in advance of the sell time. I heard of someone ringing TM in the UK which were also selling tickets for a U2 gig. You could try ringing TM UK the day before and ask if they will be selling any, and maybe also ask if they are going to be accepting irish CC, and sending to a irish address. You could possibly use parcel motel if they will only send to northern ireland.

by phoning you have the added advantage of possibly being able to select your seats.

Also the ticketmaster captcha's (the muddled up words for security) can be very hard to make out, so I sometimes refresh at that point, and do not agonise over every letter, they seem to allow 1 or 2 mistakes. Seems stupid to even have them if you are logged into your account.

Also have your CC ready, there is a timer dropping all the time and the tickets will be unreserved again, my mate is crap at typing and ran out of time before, I think its longer now but you might have to run to find your CC.

If a few of us are going I get other people to log on and try for tickets, then email each other straight after the selling time and see if anybody got them, also do this with work colleagues. If a few have gotten through you can quickly decide who got the best seats too, if its not standing obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

Thanks for all the tips. My tummy is in knots already just thinking about the booking process. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

• Use a 3V card to avoid 3d secure and Verified by Visa 3D secure will cause alot of people to lose their tickets.
    • Use a good wired internet connection with the latest version of chrome with plugins disabled to ensure the website loads fast.
    • Practice the captcha a few times beforehand.
    • DO NOT REFRESH TOO FAST - Ticketmaster will block your computer from accessing their website for a period of a few minutes if it gets too many page requests within a short amount of time.
    • The app has no captcha or verified by visa but its also buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

KNOW YOUR VERIFIED BY VISA/MASTERCARD A/C AND PASSWORD - THIS WILL BE ASKED and ****s up a lot of people.

Crap, this one got me before what can I do to figure this out before next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Oh god yes

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Yep, the memories of Bruce Springsteen tickets come flooding back. A clock ticking down like a bomb & you've no idea what your secure password is, 1 min 45 seconds to go before your carefully picked out East Stand Upper Row tickets go to the next guy . . . . . panic panic

Note to self "never be in that situation again"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Even when you do know your password, your heart still sinks when the Verified by Visa page pops up. First you refresh and enter in your order as fast as you can, which never seems quick enough. You then have to endure Ticketbastard's wheel of death, which on high demands gigs like this, could turn for what seems like hours. If you ever do get past that, you then have about 2 or 3 pages of confirming your tickets and payment. And just when you think it's all done, you still have to go through Visa's verification process.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If you are using Visa and want to be really sure you can get through Verified by Visa quickly if it turns out you've forgotten your password make sure you have all your card details, including your credit limit. It's quick and easy to change the password there and then but you'll need your credit limit.

The Mastercard one is even easier. I had to change a Mastercard password recently while buying tickets and it was no problem.

• Advertisement

No. You'll have to do them as two separate transactions.
    Buy for one show, then go back and start all over again.

Would a ticketmaster outlet allow you get friday and saturday tickets at the same time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement