Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

If you are using Visa and want to be really sure you can get through Verified by Visa quickly if it turns out you've forgotten your password make sure you have all your card details, including your credit limit. It's quick and easy to change the password there and then but you'll need your credit limit.

The Mastercard one is even easier. I had to change a Mastercard password recently while buying tickets and it was no problem.

I *think* I know mine (at least getting a new one is quick), does anyone have any idea how to check it or an on-line store that uses it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cbeamy

ha I did this yesterday .. I bought a five euro voucher off justeat.ie!!!! Just to check I had the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Whats this "verified by Visa" about?

I've a Visa debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

I've never been to Croke Park for a concert before,
    After a quick google I think the pitch is split into four areas?
    That the two areas closest the stage are pink and indigo?
    Also if it sells out really quick, what seats would be the best?
    Thanks in advance for any advise on which area to go for next Thursday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

titchy wrote: »
    I've never been to Croke Park for a concert before,
    After a quick google I think the pitch is split into four areas?
    That the two areas closest the stage are pink and indigo?
    Also if it sells out really quick, what seats would be the best?
    Thanks in advance for any advise on which area to go for next Thursday :D

You speak of the pitch divided into sections and the two front sections are pink and indigo.

I think perhaps you were looking at an image of the pitch layout for another concert. Perhaps one direction? I know I had a look at the pitch and stage layout for one direction and one direction has a catwalk and the pitch divided into four sections and I remember one direction had yellow and pink sections along with two more colours. Can't remember any more.

My understanding is that every band is going to have a different stage and pitch layout. What one band will organise the venue, another will do differently.

I checked out ticketmaster and there's nothing up there yet on garth brooks. There's no image and general idea of how croker will be set out for Brooks.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its a password linked to your Visa account that you have to input with various retailers, added protection. You can skip it a few times but I think after the 3rd time you have to set up the password.

Do you always have to use it on Ticketmaster?

I've bought tickets over the years and don't remember seeing this before! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Thanks
    hopefully the set up will be on ticket master before the tickets go on sale, so I know what to aim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I've had to use it within the last year anyway, always seems to be ticket master with me anyway. I Just googled how to reset my username and password and I did it, and I have my detail wrote down so I'll have no issues. Fingers crossed

I've had to use it within the last year anyway, always seems to be ticket master with me anyway. I Just googled how to reset my username and password and I did it, and I have my detail wrote down so I'll have no issues. Fingers crossed

Help! I've no idea what to do.:(

Chucken wrote: »
    Help! I've no idea what to do.:(

What bank are you with?

• Advertisement

What bank are you with?

AIB

Chucken wrote: »
    AIB

I'm afraid I'm tsb so it's different.
    Here's some details http://www.aib.ie/personal/online-services/Secure-Internet-Shopping
    If you haven't seen it before you can ignore it once

I'm afraid I'm tsb so it's different.
    Here's some details http://www.aib.ie/personal/online-services/Secure-Internet-Shopping
    If you haven't seen it before you can ignore it once

It won't let me register! I think my computer might be too old. :o

But on the list here: http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/verified_by_visa/go_shopping.aspx#imageArchive
    it doesn't mention Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Would a ticketmaster outlet allow you get friday and saturday tickets at the same time?

Technically, yes, absolutely. There's no rule that says you're only entitled to buy tickets for one concert, but if there's a hectic queue of people scrambling to be accomodated (which there will be), they may say "one show only", in an effort to facilitate as many people as possible. I've seen them do it before.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

titchy wrote: »
    Thanks
    hopefully the set up will be on ticket master before the tickets go on sale, so I know what to aim for.

My sister is fairly certain that tickets are all the same price. So that only leaves two options for his concerts and ticket sales - standing and seating with no options of picking sections. Standing on the pitch and seating on the tiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

can u sign into your ticketmaster account on the app and on a desktop/laptop the same time

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If you're in dublin queue up for the main kiosk in stephens green, they are normally reliable to be there on time. But you will need to be at the top of the queue. This will sell out in 10 mins i'd say.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Two other pieces of advice.

1) Keep trying. Tickets will be held until they are confirmed and as you've read Verified can cause problems. So those tickets will go back into the queue once the timer runs out.

2) Keep an eye out incase another gig is put on sale. This generally happens at 9:15/9:30 or 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Been on ticketmaster browsing around and my head is melted.

What is best available, unreserved, general admission ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Been on ticketmaster browsing around and my head is melted.

What is best available, unreserved, general admission ?

Best available would mean the system selects the best seats available at the time. Unreserved/general admission usually refers to standing gigs or the standing section or it might refer to a seated gig or section where there are no reserved seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

My tip for booking online is to print off a Croke Park seating plan in advance of the tickets going on sale.

That way when the website gives you a stand, block and seat number you can see on the seating plan exactely where your located.

It saves the panic of wondering if your seats are good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I see Ticketmaster have small print saying "ticket limit subject to change" for the concerts. This is not generally stated and is not normal practice. Don't be surprised if, at 9:02 on Thursday, they reduce the amount allowed per customer to four (or even two) if they think that it will make it fair for as many people as possible.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Guys does anyone know how it works with the ticketmaster outlets, are they allocated a certain amount of tickets to sell for themselves or are they equally logging into a web based system in order to purchase? As in does one have a better chance with queuing at the outlet than sitting on line.. Its so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Cbeamy wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know how it works with the ticketmaster outlets, are they allocated a certain amount of tickets to sell for themselves or are they equally logging into a web based system in order to purchase? As in does one have a better chance with queuing at the outlet than sitting on line.. Its so frustrating.

If you read through this thread, you should find all your questions answered.

I did read through all this thread as I have been on it since the start. It doesn't actually clarify if there is an allocation per agent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

It states in numerous posts that the outlets are picking from the same pot as those online.

Would/could online ticketmaster crash next thursday morning? Does it ever happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would/could online ticketmaster crash next thursday morning? Does it ever happen?

it does happen, this is going to be the slowest week of my life. roll on the 30th

I wont be able to relax until I get tickets.

Woke up at 6am this morning. So afraid of missing tickets. Its not for another week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Adventurous001

Hiya, if you select 'best available' on the ticket master website rather than a particular section of Croke park for the Garth Brooks concert, does the ticket master system sort 'standing' as the 'best available' before all the 'seating sections' or would it be best to just select 'standing'?Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement