Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Could all those praying on some miracle on getting tickets to Garth Brooks please close your browsers.

It's sold out, it's over, hard luck, stop making the site crawl along.

Some of us have Michael Bolton tickets to purchase

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

scudzilla wrote: »
    Rule Croke out, only allowed 3 gigs per year and 1D have them sewn up

What did those words taste like ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    I got them for cusack stand lower but it's 311 so a bit far back but sure I'm not bothered - I'm gonna be there! :D

i'm hoping some how i might be able to get down lower especially when i get there, because i suffer from vertigo. :o

kinda feeling bad, because my friend was queuing up since 9, and i went online at 10:15 and got a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Christ On line since 8:57am ...Never got past 15mins page...

Quit friday and sat search the min sunday went on sale and im still on that 15 min page :(:(:(:(

2 and half hours and looks like im out of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 24,104 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The only way to combat the pure and utter rubbish that is Ticketb@st@ard online is for them to do an audited pre-registration system.

Ive had that experience trying to get tickets for other gigs before, but frankly I think anyone who didnt get tickets today has dodged a bullet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Gutted for anyone who didn't get them. I'm disgusted to see that people are selling them already online for 4 times the value. scumbags! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shell820810

what a morning, finally got 2 for cusack stand for sunday night (at 10am). booked croke park hotel before date was released so got it at a good rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

All gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm hoping some how i might be able to get down lower especially when i get there, because i suffer from vertigo. :o

kinda feeling bad, because my friend was queuing up since 9, and i went online at 10:15 and got a ticket

It says on the tips for booking vertigo sufferers should book the lower seats. So they've "warned" you, they'd probably say it was up to you after that.

It says on the tips for booking vertigo sufferers should book the lower seats. So they've "warned" you, they'd probably say it was up to you after that.

:(:( missed that part. i honestly didn't think i would get anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The BBC already rewriting history. I bet they just fill in the blanks these days regards artist and venue and don't update the time. Official ticketmaster announced sell out times were 10.30 am for Friday and Saturday. 11am for Sunday. Plenty of reports of people getting tickets up to those times at least.

Im heartbroken with the Davin stand, one night. Nothing else available.

Even if there's gigs announced for thomand, its more of this crap.

Im in tears.

Even if I got something better for the one night.

Am I getting this right?

You have a ticket for a concert you wanted to go to and you're 'heartbroken'. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

I got 2 Lower Cusack 312 for Sunday . Delighted

My OH was on the site too before me and couldnt get them so its very unfair on how they are distributed.

Lapin wrote: »
    Am I getting this right?

You have a ticket for a concert you wanted to go to and you're 'heartbroken'. :confused:

i know. i asked the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Gutted for anyone who didn't get them. I'm disgusted to see that people are selling them already online for 4 times the value. scumbags! :(

If people didn't buy them at stupid prices, there wouldn't be a market for it. I got the 3 tickets I needed and didn't buy more, but can see why people would go for 6 and sell them to make a profit if people are stupid enough to pay 400 - 800 euro for a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

So will there be any genuine swaps allowed
    Maybe she'll get a swap closer the time!
    Hopefully can get a swap closer to the date. :(

Edit, are swap requests allowed here?
    How many standing tickets did you get? I got 3 seating tickets for Sunday which I'd rather swap straight up for standing!
    Ps.Ill take two of your tickets if selling ;)
    I still looking for swap need Fri nite tickets for sat night please ?

Swapping tickets is a breach of the forum charter. No ticket trading please.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The only way to combat the pure and utter rubbish that is Ticketb@st@ard online is for them to do an audited pre-registration system.

Ive had that experience trying to get tickets for other gigs before, but frankly I think anyone who didnt get tickets today has dodged a bullet.

The only way to stop the tickets going on the web is to bring in a system of putting names on the tickets and only allowing people into the venue that have photo id to match the ticket names . If there where purchased online then the card holder should only get a new ticket with a changed name by going to a ticketmaster outlet with there billing information and card used to purchase the tickets . I bet that will stop all the touts having a field day .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Am I getting this right?

Agreed. And then factor in the blast of sound that will hit her full face on whenever they play. And 2 big screens to view as well. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Reati wrote: »
    If people didn't buy them at stupid prices, there wouldn't be a market for it. I got the 3 tickets I needed and didn't buy more, but can see why people would go for 6 and sell them to make a profit if people are stupid enough to pay 400 - 800 euro for a ticket.

I know. Unfortunately peopple are willing to pay the insane prices for them! there's no way in hell, as much as I love Garth Brooks, that I would pay above the odds for the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

gray75_polling.gifRunning… Your wait time is approximately 15 minutes or more

RUNNING TIME
    Your wait time is approximately 15 minutes or more
    Please do not refresh or leave this page – you will have to start again!

the wheel would only turn for a few mins then page would stick on the 5 little fecking Green bars at the bottom as the page tried to reload...the little ticketmaster blue wheel in the corner is still turning ...:o

I never got past this page despite being on site since 8:57 I quit looking for my friday tickets the second the sunday tickets went on sale and Im still stuck on this screen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Am I getting this right?

Well, she got a nosebleed seat so it's understandable in a way. She could have been hoping for pitch perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

SOLD OUT will there be another concert somewhere

Agreed. And then factor in the blast of sound that will hit her full face on whenever they play. And 2 big screens to view as well. :D:D:D

Ah, the poor woman. ;)

If ever anyone lived up to their username.

Maybe she should stay at home altogether and give her ticket to someone who would be glad of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Well, she got a nosebleed seat so it's understandable in a way. She could have been hoping for pitch perhaps.

When tickets sell like that consider yourself lucky to get one . I have been on ticketmaster all morning for a friend and we couldn't get tickets and there was 4 people looking for him .

well that was a half hour well spent :o:o and i bagged my self a room for sunday :D:D sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

The only way to stop the tickets going on the web is to bring in a system of putting names on the tickets and only allowing people into the venue that have photo id to match the ticket names . If there where purchased online then the card holder should only get a new ticket with a changed name by going to a ticketmaster outlet with there billing information and card used to purchase the tickets . I bet that will stop all the touts having a field day .

Hasn't touts been a problem for years. It's beyond me how there's nothing implemented before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Loads of them on ebay. But most of them are people who bought them online today and as such dont have the physical ticket in their hand which is against eBay policy.

Standards for professional conduct
    To promote safe selling of event tickets on eBay and to make sure the sales follow all laws related to tickets sales, we've developed standards for professional conduct for selling tickets on eBay. These standards neither replace nor dismiss eBay's general seller rules and policies, but rather supplement those rules. Sellers need to follow these guidelines when selling tickets on eBay.
    I agree not to sell, trade, produce, or advertise tickets that I do not have in my possession.
    I agree not to participate in any way in the advertisement, sale, or trade of any ticket using any deceptive practices including, but not limited to, false or misleading claims of sales scarcity, face value, or current value.
    I agree to promptly refund the purchase price for any ticket which has been deemed by the venue to be counterfeit or unacceptable for gaining entry to an event.
    I agree to abide by all federal, state, and local laws relating to the tickets sales.

i saw one or two people on here saying they went online for the crack to see if they get tickets. hello people, it's not fair on those of us who genuinely wanted to buy tickets to see garth brooks. there are probably people without now because you wanted to see for the crack :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Loads of them on ebay. But most of them are people who bought them online today and as such dont have the physical ticket in their hand which is against eBay policy.

Standards for professional conduct
    To promote safe selling of event tickets on eBay and to make sure the sales follow all laws related to tickets sales, we've developed standards for professional conduct for selling tickets on eBay. These standards neither replace nor dismiss eBay's general seller rules and policies, but rather supplement those rules. Sellers need to follow these guidelines when selling tickets on eBay.
    I agree not to sell, trade, produce, or advertise tickets that I do not have in my possession.
    I agree not to participate in any way in the advertisement, sale, or trade of any ticket using any deceptive practices including, but not limited to, false or misleading claims of sales scarcity, face value, or current value.
    I agree to promptly refund the purchase price for any ticket which has been deemed by the venue to be counterfeit or unacceptable for gaining entry to an event.
    I agree to abide by all federal, state, and local laws relating to the tickets sales.

You can get electronic tickets - so they may have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Got 2 pitch standing for Sunday at about 10:25. My sister-in-law was mad to go, but wasn't sure she could get tickets. Turns out she did through a friend, so I offered them to another friend who couldn't get through to Ticketmaster. He couldn't make Sunday. Another friend snapped them up instantly. Happy to help out friends who don't have luck with Ticketmaster... Can't stand these a**holes who charge an arm and a leg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement