Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Hasn't touts been a problem for years. It's beyond me how there's nothing implemented before now.

Exactly my views on it , they should try to limit the amount of people buying them to tout them for a high profit . But the thing is when this happening you know it will never change .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

I just relaised my last post was against the mod eidt on page 1. I have 6 tickets for sat for my friends that we will all be deifinitely using. The 6 tickets I had for sunday are now sold to a friend at cost price.

Sorry mods! www.toutless.com for anyone looking for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm hoping some how i might be able to get down lower especially when i get there, because i suffer from vertigo. :o6

kinda feeling bad, because my friend was queuing up since 9, and i went online at 10:15 and got a ticket

If it's anything like an All Ireland Final you'll be fine for a swap. Go up into the stand and at the entrance tell a steward you can't sit up there.

At GAA games you'd be redirected to the ticket office at the back of the cusack who reissue tickets.

The only problem is they may be crap seats. These seats are typically held back for vertigo sufferers in the lower davin.

Ive experience of this in the past. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

The only way to stop the tickets going on the web is to bring in a system of putting names on the tickets and only allowing people into the venue that have photo id to match the ticket names . If there where purchased online then the card holder should only get a new ticket with a changed name by going to a ticketmaster outlet with there billing information and card used to purchase the tickets . I bet that will stop all the touts having a field day .
    Ya Great Proposal should be done the same way Glastonbury does theres with SeeTickets were u have 2register,upload ur details with picture & then ur issued a booking code & limited to 4 tickets.If successful ur ticket comes with ur picture & name on it..Stops the touts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

gnashman wrote: »
    SOLD OUT will there be another concert somewhere

There was talk of a belfast concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

leahyl wrote: »
    I got them for cusack stand lower but it's 311 so a bit far back but sure I'm not bothered - I'm gonna be there! :D
    I got hogan 700ish for my parents so you're closer than a lot! Glad you got some.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hasn't touts been a problem for years. It's beyond me how there's nothing implemented before now.

As a regular concert goer for music, comedy gigs and sporting events, touts are normally outside the venues, pretty clearly shouting they have tickets.

And you will have Guardaí within earshot not giving a ****.

Just the way it is unfortunately, the system at present for booking tickets plays into their hands. Anyone with a mild knowledge of how the internet and computers works, could setup a method by which they can buy multiple batches of tickets.

A number of ways to eradicate it, but unfortunately it ends up hurting the genuine customers in the end.

Simply put while the revenue is coming into the concert organisers, and ticketmaster get their percentage, they really couldn't care less. Once that % keeps rolling in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

I don't know why something can't be done about the touts. I've been to quite a few gigs on the continent over the last few years and most times when I buy tickets the persons name is printed on the ticket, at the venue they must then show a valid ID. Don't know why ticketmaster can't introduce a system like this.

It's been so unfair this morning.

Btw, my son managed to get me two tickets, way at the back and up high. I wanted four tickets, two for my other son who lives in London. So I guess I'm still without a ticket. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Attempts to implement ticket touting laws in this country were basically abandoned as it would require trying to enforce ebay etc to block them (and they didn't want to upset tech companies setting up here). There was some FG lad who was big into trying to get it passed but it went nowhere (talked to him once but can't remember his name).

The name on the ticket thing ala Glastonbury is a bigger pain than you'd think as it stops legitimate people selling on a ticket for face value if they can't go. It also stops people buying tickets as presents. Also if you've six tickets per person and the ticket buyer is sick on the day those five other people can't go etc.

There are other ways of making a system that allows transfers without touting but Ticketmaster are not interested in implementing it as they've their finger in reselling sites that allow touting (that they get a cut in).

Basically all that is left is refusing to ever deal with touts. There'll be plenty of spares for this closer to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

homer.j wrote: »
    If it's anything like an All Ireland Final you'll be fine for a swap. Go up into the stand and at the entrance tell a steward you can't sit up there.

At GAA games you'd be redirected to the ticket office at the back of the cusack who reissue tickets.

The only problem is they may be crap seats. These seats are typically held back for vertigo sufferers in the lower davin.

Ive experience of this in the past. :-D

i'm not saying i'm not grateful for a ticket, because i am. but i genuinely didn't think i would even get into ticket master, let alone get a ticket. i have a 6 months to decide will it be worth it or not to be up that high. might even go up for a croke park tour.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Word of warning to anyone hoping to pick up face value tickets.

Be VERY wary of anyone selling face value tickets already, particularly if they are the PRINT AT HOME tickets.

Ask yourself, why would someone buy tickets today and then sell them straight away for no profit?

There's a good chance that they will be selling photocopies of those tickets to many people.

Not to discredit the genuine sellers who will have their reasons, but just be careful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Pembily wrote: »
    I got hogan 700ish for my parents so you're closer than a lot! Glad you got some.

Well it is at the back of the pitch but at least its the lower stand - not sure if I'd like being up too high!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Just got a few in Jervis after two hours wasted on ticketmaster Website.

Decent queue but everybody was being looked after.

Got 3 Saturday lower Hogan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

If people didn't buy from touts, there wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

I got two tickets for the Lower Davin - block 320, row CC - are these crap tickets does anyone know? Am hearing reports that Lower Davin tickets are the worst....

From looking at the seating plan I'm slightly halfway up the lower Davin stand - will I be able to see ok or will the stage be miles away/pitch people be in my way??

I'm happy to have the tickets anyway but just looking for feedback from anyone that knows... Thanks!

well i'm closer to the stage than i was for the westlife concert, i was in the corner for that concert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I got two tickets for the Lower Davin - block 320, row CC - are these crap tickets does anyone know? Am hearing reports that Lower Davin tickets are the worst....

From looking at the seating plan I'm slightly halfway up the lower Davin stand - will I be able to see ok or will the stage be miles away/pitch people be in my way??

I'm happy to have the tickets anyway but just looking for feedback from anyone that knows... Thanks!

This might help: http://www.crokepark.ie/about/seating-plans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Bring binoculars

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm not saying i'm not grateful for a ticket, because i am. but i genuinely didn't think i would even get into ticket master, let alone get a ticket. i have a 6 months to decide will it be worth it or not to be up that high. might even go up for a croke park tour.:o

I didn't read it that way at all. :D

Just letting you know you may have an option. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

If people didn't buy from touts, there wouldn't be a problem.

That's it. If touts were left with the tickets that they were so eager to buy, they'll be down a few hundred after wasting money on tickets and no greedy profit for them. They won't be so quick to do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

testicle wrote: »
    Bring binoculars
    Jeez lads you'd swear you were in another county. If lads can sit in the Davin for a hurling match and spot a sliotar in the other end of the ground, I think ye should be okay for a 100ft stage with big screens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Any one have the standing plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

You can't blame the touts or the site to be fair.
    The demand for these gigs was huge!!! Bigger than I have ever seen... even after Bruce last year!

I think some tickets will crop up thru friends / work collegues / contacts etc if you were unlucky.. which so many were - so keep an eye out. I think the vast majority of people who end up having a extra ticket or 2 will pass them on to someone they know....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Any sneaky way into the pitch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

you will alwsys get people willing to swap seating for standing and vice cersa on the day outside and inside. Some people just get tired of the standing and want a seat.

For safety reasons they are usually fairly strict at sold out concerts not to let extra people on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

No, they are usually very strict about this for health and safety reasons.
    Your best bet is to go to toutless and put in a request for a swap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Its hard to fathom how he could sell more than 200,000 tickets! I would say a large proportion sold to people outside Ireland, in the UK and Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Can anyone tell me where my seats are? UPP732. Row V. Seats 21&22.

Also, I'm sure everybody knows someone going. I have already agreed to swap my tickets above for pitch tickets with a friend. His girlfroend wanted seating and we wanted standing so we're all happy. Will be plenty of people like that leading up to the gig

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where my seats are? UPP732. Row V. Seats 21&22.

Also, I'm sure everybody knows someone going. I have already agreed to swap my tickets above for pitch tickets with a friend. His girlfroend wanted seating and we wanted standing so we're all happy. Will be plenty of people like that leading up to the gig

There's a map on the Croke park website

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement