Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I attend lots of gigs/events in Ireland, UK and Europe each year and the system for these major events needs to change.

The Glastonbury approach needs to be adopted.

You register in advance of tickets going on sale by uploading a passport style photo along with a variety of personal details. You get sent an email in return with a registration number.

On ticket sale day, you log onto the site as normal and select tickets. When you have the desired tickets selected, you input the unique registration number and then continue to confirmation stage.

When you receive your ticket, your picture, registration number and details are on the front.

This stops touts and results in mostly genuine fans getting tickets. People who only have a slight interest will not go to the effort of registering and it also stops people buying additional tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

I think its being mentioned already....
    But there is alot of adds via the usual sites offering face value tickets today so please be careful of the printouts... don't buy them. Not all of them are scams/printouts but I bet the majority are... when you are desperate for a ticket you will do things you wouldn't normally do .... this craic of selling multiple printouts is the scummiest thing... I though selling tickets above face value was bad enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Turns out that a friend of my sister's was getting 2 tickets and decided to add an extra 2 for myself and my sister, just in case we couldnt get tickets.

Saturday sorted in the cusack or hogan stand, im not sure.

Two out of three nights isn't bad.

Edit: I was disappointed with getting Davin for the friday night. But just reading that there's a whole lot more that didnt get tickets. Im okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

dobman88 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where my seats are? UPP732. Row V. Seats 21&22.

Also, I'm sure everybody knows someone going. I have already agreed to swap my tickets above for pitch tickets with a friend. His girlfroend wanted seating and we wanted standing so we're all happy. Will be plenty of people like that leading up to the gig

Upper hogan, near the back. Between the 65 and 45 line at the hill end (where the stage is)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

ceegee wrote: »
    Upper hogan, near the back. Between the 65 and 45 line at the hill end (where the stage is)

Nice. Decent seats so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I think it was already posted but

See the view from your section http://www.crokepark.ie/about/match-day-information/seating-plans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

Does anyone know if www.seatwave.ie is a genuine website?

I got no tickets and am so so upset that I didn't get a ticket....

We went all the way to Las Vegas to see him and couldnt get tickets for dublin despite 6 of us trying I'm absolutely heart broken...

I saw them for sale on www.seatwave.ie but I am afraid in case its a scam or something.. can anyone help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Amanda7326 wrote: »

We went all the way to Las Vegas to see him and couldnt get tickets for dublin despite 6 of us trying I'm absolutely heart broken...

I saw them for sale on www.seatwave.ie but I am afraid in case its a scam or something.. can anyone help me?

Avoid Avoid Avoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

trihead wrote: »
    I think its being mentioned already....
    But there is alot of adds via the usual sites offering face value tickets today so please be careful of the printouts... don't but them. Not all of them are scams/printouts but I bet the majority are... when you are desperate for a ticket you will do things you wouldn't normally do .... this craic of selling multiple printouts is the scummiest thing... I though selling tickets above face value was bad enough!

This is very true and worth repeating.

It is dodgy as fúck.

It would be very depressing for an individual if they fell for such trickery and buy a ticket or two like this. They'll spend months waiting in anticipation and excitment and turn up on the day of the concerts and be turned away.

God, I know this is wishful thinking but wouldn't it be great if more concerts went on sale. Although I don't know if I want to go through that headache of trying for tickets again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If you really want them get on done deal. Pick someone close to you and meet them in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

So it turns out best available were seated. Weird.

Roll on Macklemore tickets this Saturday :D

Avoid Avoid Avoid

Thanks... I should have know it was too good to be true.. guess you will consider anything when you are desperate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

I heard that some people queuing outside overnight in Galway have got nothing.

Nope.

They were still selling tickets till about 11. Only the back 10 or 15 people at that time didn't get tickets.

There should never have been a maximum of 6 tickets per person allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I gave up on the Saturday when the Sunday went on sale, got 2 standing tickets, feel bad now I didn't get 2 more for a friend of mine! Anybody think there will be a fourth date?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I have bought off Seatwave before , no hassle at all and received the tickets promptly. They seem fairly legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Took an hour but got four for my parents and their friends lower cusack near the front. Dad had gotten four lower Davin too and was worried about getting rid of them. I Sold them 5 min later to a woman my mum works with who's Internet crashed for face value. She was so happy she cried :) nice to be able to help out a genuine fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi All.

Got two seated for Sunday in Hogan Lower 322... Are these a good seat.. Do people think there is a demand for a 4th date? When would they announce it..

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Its hard to fathom how he could sell more than 200,000 tickets! I would say a large proportion sold to people outside Ireland, in the UK and Europe.

Not at all hard to fathom. He's very popular, with a lot of fans, is known for putting on a fantastic show, hasn't played in Dublin for seventeen years and lots of people were trying to get tickets for both and then all three nights. It'd be interesting alright to see how many were sold outside Ireland but then again a lot of them will have been sold to Irish people, too. I don't live in Ireland anymore but I missed the Croke Park gig in 1997 (heard a bit since I had just moved into a falt on the North Circular Road, so that was something anyway) and would really have loved to have been there. I think some people who've expressed surprise just haven't realised how popular he really is.
    God, I know this is wishful thinking but wouldn't it be great if more concerts went on sale. Although I don't know if I want to go through that headache of trying for tickets again.
    Don't forget that these concerts are just the kick-off concerts for his 2015 world tour - so he'll be back soon enough anyway. Even if there weren't any Irish dates during the tour (which seems hard to imagine), he'll be playing some places in Europe that aren't too hard to get to surely. I'm setting my sights now on getting tickets for a German concert sometimes - have even signed up for his fan newsletter thing so that I'll hopefully find out when locations are announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

Very frustrating morning ended in success. Tried for Sat, got booted 2 times. Fri and Sat sold out, then tried for Sunday and got booted once. Finally at 10:52 I got what I wanted, 4 tickets for the pitch. Extremely fortunate to get what I wanted in the last few minutes, as the standing tickets seemed to go extremely quickly.

Is there any chance of another concert or two.

They could make his comeback special extra special by selling out the aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

People who didn't get tickets shouldn't give up hope. It's typical for most gigs, especially big events like this, that extra tickets will be released (usually without announcement) closer to the gig. This happened last year with the Bruce gigs. You just have to keep checking the TM site and you might get lucky.

JJ wrote: »
    People who didn't get tickets shouldn't give up hope. It's typical for most gigs, especially big events like this, that extra tickets will be released (usually without announcement) closer to the gig. This happened last year with the Bruce gigs. You just have to keep checking the TM site and you might get lucky.

The same happened with Buble too. More tickets went on sale closer to the dates.

Did he not say that if we wanted 5 shows they'll find a way ?

They'll be more. Im hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

JJ wrote: »

YEAH, just chatted to my friend earlier, he's confident that he will find a ticket or two around the place

That's what I am hoping for also.. but I am worried if more go on sale then it will just be the same thing again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

It could also be the case that Garth says more than his (unanswered) prayers.

That's what I am hoping for also.. but I am worried if more go on sale then it will just be the same thing again:mad:

Yeah I know, it was so stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Anyone know the concert capacity for a gig like this in Croker ? Would the pitch capacity make up for the unused hill and seating ? Just curious.

And well done to those who got tickets / hard luck to those who didn't. Hope you get sorted elsewhere without having to pay over the odds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement