Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

wacotaco wrote: »
    I have bought off Seatwave before , no hassle at all and received the tickets promptly. They seem fairly legit.

How can a site that charges anywhere between 2-8 times face value and adds on sky high taxes/charges just before you confirm payment be legit??!!

You may indeed get a genuine ticket but by charging over face value, the website is not a legit operation!!

Toutless.com is legit and mostly genuine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Its amazing. He's been away for long and people never forgot him. He sold out 3 gigs in two hours. Theres been many people unsuccessful at getting tickets the demand is there for more.

dodzy wrote: »
    Anyone know the concert capacity for a gig like this in Croker ? Would the pitch capacity make up for the unused hill and seating ? Just curious.

And well done to those who got tickets / hard luck to those who didn't. Hope you get sorted elsewhere without having to pay over the odds.

Capacity will be approx 80,000 per night!! Pitch standing makes up for the majority of lost space from Hill 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Fair play to Adverts.ie, they are deleting anyone selling Garth Brooks tickets. Some guy had 4 for sale at €300 each.
    No interest myself, but hope theres another one announced for the people who missed out and that tool is left with his tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

from Ian Dempsey's twitter
    ON GARTH SELL OUT ‘In 52 years of business this is the fastest selling concert Aiken Promotions have ever been involved in’ Peter Aiken said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There must have been huge interest from the states and Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I attend lots of gigs/events in Ireland, UK and Europe each year and the system for these major events needs to change.

The Glastonbury approach needs to be adopted.

You register in advance of tickets going on sale by uploading a passport style photo along with a variety of personal details. You get sent an email in return with a registration number.

On ticket sale day, you log onto the site as normal and select tickets. When you have the desired tickets selected, you input the unique registration number and then continue to confirmation stage.

When you receive your ticket, your picture, registration number and details are on the front.

This stops touts and results in mostly genuine fans getting tickets. People who only have a slight interest will not go to the effort of registering and it also stops people buying additional tickets!!
    Pipe dream unfortunately.

Ticketmaster's job was to sell 200k tickets at €72 a pop. Job done.

What'e the incentive for them to invest the time and money in doing what you propose.

The only people who could change the system is the artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rickycagni

Hi everyone, i purchased this morning 4 tickets (2 tickets for 2 Times) in the pitch standing.
    In the tickets there is Also row and seats but i cant understand Why. I have row g22 and row g28 someone can explain me this? Im from italy and this time wild be my First time in ireland and at croke park :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

The pit queues for these concerts should be interesting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EmmaThomas

Hi, got tickets for the pitch but on my ticket it has Row and Seat number i thought the pitch was just standing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

rickycagni wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i purchased this morning 4 tickets (2 tickets for 2 Times) in the pitch standing.
    In the tickets there is Also row and seats but i cant understand Why. I have row g22 and row g28 someone can explain me this? Im from italy and this time wild be my First time in ireland and at croke park :)

The numbers dont mean anything, all standing tickets are the same. I think the numbers are for some administrative reason, it's been the same system at other concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

It's ok for pitch standing they'll give you a number but it's a free for all on the pitch general standing no pit tickets so yes get there nice and early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

So so happy with my 2 pitch standing for Saturday. It was touch and go for a while with the website but got there in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    from Ian Dempsey's twitter

Holy SHlT he beat One Direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Capacity will be approx 80,000 per night!! Pitch standing makes up for the majority of lost space from Hill 16.
    I would have thought so too, but 200K tickets is approx 66K per night. Or have I missed something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

james66 wrote: »
    Holy SHlT he beat One Direction.

ha!!!!!! :D:D:D well that just puts me in an even better mood, beat the youngsters

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pipe dream unfortunately.

Ticketmaster's job was to sell 200k tickets at €72 a pop. Job done.

What'e the incentive for them to invest the time and money in doing what you propose.

The only people who could change the system is the artists.

It's a scheme currently operated throughout the world for a variety of different events such as Glastonbury, Tomorrowland, Ryder Cup, Coachella, to name a few.

Given the system is already in use as close by as the UK. Integration to the Irish system should not cause too much difficulty.

I'm sure TM would also appreciate the reduced volume of phone calls/emails/complaints etc from people who will purchase Voided/Copied Tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Fair play to Adverts.ie, they are deleting anyone selling Garth Brooks tickets. Some guy had 4 for sale at €300 each.
    No interest myself, but hope theres another one announced for the people who missed out and that tool is left with his tickets.

Yes, I agree.

We even had a guy on here boasting about getting 16 tickets to sell on sBay!

And he got some thank yous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

dodzy wrote: »
    I would have thought so too, but 200K tickets is approx 66K per night. Or have I missed something ?

Premium Section of Croker properly didn't go on sale plus tickets always get kept back for Tour Packages,Promo's & quite possibly for sales for a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

worked grand for me was online since 8.30 refreshing had 6 tickets got (for myself and family) by 9.08.

Anyone know how people who q'd up for days got on did they mostly get tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

deeroy12 wrote: »
    Premium Section of Croker properly didn't go on sale plus tickets always get kept back for Tour Packages,Promo's & quite possibly for sales for a later date

People who have the 10 year seats for the GAA games get the option to buy 2 extra tickets for gigs for each night. When they decline these seats will go on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

I am sick!

in early to work, logged on PC and app - got everyone who was in to try.....and do you think ANYONE could get them.
    Logged and trying to buy all morning! I only wanted 2!! (well more but would be happy with 2)

...15 mins wait.... Im in, brilliant.:pac:
    half hour later............... 14 mins wait......this not happening!
    another 15 mins later.......12 mins wait.......Stress levels :(
    2 minutes later...............10 mins wait.......I feel like vomiting
    5 minutes later...............8 minutes left - YAY!!!!
    1 minute later.................6 minutes left - OMG Im nearly there :eek:
    5 minutes later.............15 minutes left - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    5 minutes later.............no longer any available please try a different date/amount of tickets. :mad:

My friends sister got 2 then for sunday, so fingers crossed she will give one to me !!!!

It's a scheme currently operated throughout the world for a variety of different events such as Glastonbury, Tomorrowland, Ryder Cup, Coachella, to name a few.

Given the system is already in use as close by as the UK. Integration to the Irish system should not cause too much difficulty.

I'm sure TM would also appreciate the reduced volume of phone calls/emails/complaints etc from people who will purchase Voided/Copied Tickets.

These are all one off events though. It's easy enough to do when you only have one event to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VREDM

Is there any chance of another concert or two.

They could make his comeback special extra special by selling out the aviva.

Why sell out the AVIVA when Croke Park holds 30,000 more than there

niallo27 wrote: »
    These are all one off events though. It's easy enough to do when you only have one event to worry about.

I never suggested using the system for all gigs, just for gigs with exceptional demand!! I.e Garth Brooks, 1D, Michael Buble etc etc

I never suggested using the system for all gigs, just for gigs with exceptional demand!! I.e Garth Brooks, 1D, Michael Buble etc etc

I agree with you. Today was a touts dream but ticketmaster are in the business of making money. They don't care where it comes from. Events like the Ryder cup and the masters are all about the golf fans and not as much about the money.

Reducing the amount of tickets to 4 per person or even 2 would be a start too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Not sure how true it is but my husband heard that those with the ticketmaster app got preference in the queues over those using the website on a pc or using the mobile website....

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Actually feel so sorry for people that didnt get tickets,
    took me about 40 mins but i got 2 for friday. When i was in the waiting queue it kept timing out but i just refressed it and it didnt bring me back to the start thank god :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

I attend lots of gigs/events in Ireland, UK and Europe each year and the system for these major events needs to change.

The Glastonbury approach needs to be adopted.

You register in advance of tickets going on sale by uploading a passport style photo along with a variety of personal details. You get sent an email in return with a registration number.

On ticket sale day, you log onto the site as normal and select tickets. When you have the desired tickets selected, you input the unique registration number and then continue to confirmation stage.

When you receive your ticket, your picture, registration number and details are on the front.

This stops touts and results in mostly genuine fans getting tickets. People who only have a slight interest will not go to the effort of registering and it also stops people buying additional tickets!!
    Would be a brilliant idea but why would Ticketmaster/promoters go to the expense and hassle when they are guaranteed to sell out, this is what happens when you have one outlet selling all. I'm no fan of GB but I could have logged on this morning bought 6 tickets and sold wherever for €300 a pop making a nice few quid for myself, I wouldn't but I'm sure loads did, quite sad really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement