Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Not sure how genuine but a lot of adds on DoneDeal selling for face value

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Not sure how true it is but my husband heard that those with the ticketmaster app got preference in the queues over those using the website on a pc or using the mobile website....

Not according to twitter - a few times the TM reps there were telling app users to use another method of buying tickets as the app was crashing/not syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Not sure how true it is but my husband heard that those with the ticketmaster app got preference in the queues over those using the website on a pc or using the mobile website....

doubt it. I was on both the laptop and phone and got both sets of tickets on the laptop. Phone app kept hanging with no indication of how long to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

bennyc wrote: »

Scam. They will email you a copy of the tickets but you will probably be one of 20 to get the same ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VREDM

Well I would believe that as I had both going got the tickets through the app in a matter of minutes while the web page was still loading!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I think it has been mentioned that tickets can be cancelled and the same one sold over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

niallo27 wrote: »
    Reducing the amount of tickets to 4 per person or even 2 would be a start too.

I was on the app and the website and I was able to get to the order page first on the app but it was hanging for the longest time. I was then able to finally get to the order page on the website and got through to buy tickets before the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

niallo27 wrote: »
    Scam. They will email you a copy of the tickets but you will probably be one of 20 to get the same ones.

was thinking the same but there may be a genuine seller in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

was thinking the same but there may be a genuine seller in there.

I doubt it. Why would they buy and sell straight away. I mean there is hardly a person in the country who doesn't know someone who would want to go. They are ****en scum. At least people selling for big prices are selling real tickets. The poor people buying these won't know until they arrive at stadium. Makes me very angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Nada, nothing, ziltch! I have been left empty handed! 45 minutes of watching a spinning circle getting down to 4 minutes then got kicked out cause I opened up a second browser window to see were Sunday tickets for sale. :mad:

Can't beleive friends, family, touts and even the Italian lad a couple of pages back got tickets and all I got was late for work.

Looks like it's Jones Road with a 6 pack of Dutch Gold for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,104 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sets of 4 tickets displayed on ebay for a 'buy it now' price of €1,100. You have to love the spirit of the free market!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Would not think so,I had the app open on iPad and android phone as well as laptop, finally got them on laptop after both the iPad and android apps crashed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Saw an add online for premium level ticket for sale??? Do these seats exist or where could you get them??? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Plazaman wrote: »
    Nada, nothing, ziltch! I have been left empty handed! 45 minutes of watching a spinning circle getting down to 4 minutes then got kicked out cause I opened up a second browser window to see were Sunday tickets for sale. :mad:
    :(

I got mine after an hour and 5 minutes of trying. Didn't think I had a chance at that stage but was afraid to give up.

Was an hour and a half late for work but so worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Will there be a support act?

Nathan carter maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Karen23 wrote: »
    I got mine after an hour and 5 minutes of trying. Didn't think I had a chance at that stage but was afraid to give up.

Was an hour and a half late for work but so worth it.

I'm sure Plazaman feels even better now that you've shared that piece of information :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Saw an add online for premium level ticket for sale??? Do these seats exist or where could you get them??? Thanks in advance

Where did you see that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just wait, touts are selling now during the panic. Over 200k tickets, there will be plenty floating about before the gig. However it might be mostly for Sunday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Local Ticketmaster apparently was taking orders & payment a week ago and just printing tickets this morning, putting them in envelopes to be collected by people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Yawns wrote: »
    Local Ticketmaster apparently was taking orders & payment a week ago and just printing tickets this morning, putting them in envelopes to be collected by people.

:mad: damn, if i knew that, i would have gotten my tickets. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

A fair few ticketmaster small outlets do that. Can backfire though when you think you are sorted so don't try and they don't get enough or your tickets end up in their mates hands. Just saw similar tickets to the ones I sold on at face value on eBay for over 1000 quid.... Damn my morals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Travel Companies buy the 10 year tickets so can sell them for whatever they want. Usually package them up with 2 nights in an overpriced hotel.
    My bet is Karyn Rochelle. Opened for him before and wrote the new song for Garth. GAA have a rule that an Irish act has to be on the bill too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

That wasnt my experience of the app either, at 9.02 it said none were available for Saturday when there was, so no preferencial treatment there.

Having said that I'm going to contradict myself and say it worked well for me for getting 2 tkts for the Sunday gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

JJ wrote: »
    I was on the app and the website and I was able to get to the order page first on the app but it was hanging for the longest time. I was then able to finally get to the order page on the website and got through to buy tickets before the app.

I was able to get 6 tickets through the laptop and at the same time 6 tickets via the APP - I got in first time with minimal wait too. So I am not sure there is a difference in that sense as to what type of device you use.

I only bought six in the end. which was the perfect number for what I needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Nathan carter maybe?

id be guessing trisha yearwood and probably crystal swing or someone like that. an irish country act most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

OH GOD, not crystal swing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    OH GOD, not crystal swing. :(

well im not a big fan of the irish country music scene so that was a very wild guess. im sure if someone here is into irish country they could let us know who is popular these days that would likely support him.

but that would be my guess.

myself and teh brother are bringing our mother for her birthday this year. the brother was a fan when he was a kid and well as far as im concerned its Garth fricken Brooks :D so ill tolerate crystal swing if i have to. god knows ill need time to find that low place where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There was lots of hassle at the Ticketmaster outlet in Limerick this morning

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/anger-in-limerick-as-fans-fail-to-secure-garth-brooks-tickets-1-5844884

They didn't open the doors until 9:50, and then only 46 people were served tickets. People had been there for days :O

I was contemplating queuing, but I'm so glad I didn't now

Got two seated for the Sunday night after a 40 min wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Had 3 laptops and the App at the ready at 9.00am this morning.

Had 6 standing tickets for the Saturday night secured with a confirmation email received by 9.03am.

Was well impressed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nathan carter maybe?

Scotty McCreery rumoured on another site

Is their a third date added now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement