Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Scotty McCreery rumoured on another site

Is their a third date added now?

:D ill assume you just missed the morning. dont get your hopes up. 240,000 tickets all sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Seeing as how he's married to Trisha Yearwood, don't she'd be on support. Anyways she's too big to be support I'd say.

Wonder if that thing about them having to be Irish is true? Would love to see an upcoming American country star cone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I'd like if it was Scotty I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paulegend wrote: »
    id be guessing trisha yearwood and probably crystal swing or someone like that. an irish country act most likely

Nathan Carter and Mike Denver are probably the biggest Irish country acts at the moment so might be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    There was lots of hassle at the Ticketmaster outlet in Limerick this morning

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/anger-in-limerick-as-fans-fail-to-secure-garth-brooks-tickets-1-5844884

They didn't open the doors until 9:50, and then only 46 people were served tickets. People had been there for days :O

I was contemplating queuing, but I'm so glad I didn't now

Got two seated for the Sunday night after a 40 min wait :)
    Same here was just in there some where still hanging on in case they announced a fourth date but was stupid they should've known that this was going to sell out quick and not only that but the stupid ticketmaster servers crashed twice !! he'll have to add another date as he said he'd work something out, this was a world wide sale as for people selling them for 4 and 5 times the value they should have those tickets cancelled!!

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nathan Carter and Mike Denver are probably the biggest Irish country acts at the moment so might be one of them

id say youd be on the ball about them then
    Tigger99 wrote: »
    Seeing as how he's married to Trisha Yearwood, don't she'd be on support. Anyways she's too big to be support I'd say.

Wonder if that thing about them having to be Irish is true? Would love to see an upcoming American country star cone here.

well the fact that he is married to her would lead me to believe she would do a short set. would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Cnuts selling them on for 4 or 5 times as much. Just seeing the prices sicken me.

They were €65 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

Gutted for anyone who didn't get them. I'm disgusted to see that people are selling them already online for 4 times the value. scumbags! :(

These scumbags had tickets for sale on DoneDeal within minutes of them going on sale.
    I like many didn't get tickets and am devastated so I hope they burn a hole in the Scum's pocket and no luck comes from profiteering

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Was trying to get two tickets this morning for any of the gigs. Rip-Off Master need to get something better in place for gigs that are in such demand. My girlfriend made 35 calls with no success. We were both trying to get wheelchair area tickets!! :mad:

dont go to touts please

your only encouraging them

wait

@ want to make a quick turnover

so stay calm and relax

people that are selling tickets will sell close to face value the closer it gets to the event (as they wont want to be stuck with tickets they cant use).

if your impatient then try websites that are anti-touting such as toutless.com

dont panic and encourage the scum of the music scene

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Nathan Carter said last week, he was just back from London with massive news. Said he couldn't share it just yet! Wagon Wheel to 80,000 fans. There'll be 35,000 left by the time Gb comes out!

Anyone know when tickets would be posted or do you print them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

She will make an appearance during the show

id say youd be on the ball about them then

well the fact that he is married to her would lead me to believe she would do a short set. would make sense.

Trisha might come on stage for one or two duets with Garth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

dont go to touts please

your only encouraging them

wait

@ want to make a quick turnover

so stay calm and relax

people that are selling tickets will sell close to face value the closer it gets to the event (as they wont want to be stuck with tickets they cant use).

if your impatient then try websites that are anti-touting such as toutless.com

dont panic and encourage the scum of the music scene

Nailed it.

I didn't get tickets myself, but there WILL be extra tickets released closer to the event. Every big/ highly anticipated concert I've seen over the years has had tickets held back because touts are willing to scam people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Zardoz

These scumbags had tickets for sale on DoneDeal within minutes of them going on sale.
    I like many didn't get tickets and am devastated so I hope they burn a hole in the Scum's pocket and no luck comes from profiteering

There will be plenty of tickets available closer to the gig.
    People need to keep a calm head ,no rush .

The premium seat tickets are still to go on sale,and the promoters have a large percentage of tickets held back .These tickets will go on sale once the stage layout is known and safety regulations passed etc.

Ticketmaster often hold back tickets to increase the hype of gigs ,they often say gigs are sold out but thousands of tickets go onsale later on.
    These tickets are often the best seats in the house.

U2 played Croke Park in 2009 for 3 nights in a pre recession Ireland and the demand then was higher than for Garth Brooks,tickets sold out in under an hour and the touts were selling tickets for below face value for the first 2 gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

so fúcking pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

Zardoz wrote: »
    There will be plenty of tickets available closer to the gig.
    People need to keep a calm head ,no rush .

The premium seat tickets are still to go on sale,and the promoters have a large percentage of tickets held back .These tickets will go on sale once the stage layout is known and safety regulations passed etc.

Ticketmaster often hold back tickets to increase the hype of gigs ,they often say gigs are sold out but thousands of tickets go onsale later on.
    These tickets are often the best seats in the house.

U2 played Croke Park in 2009 for 3 nights in a pre recession Ireland and the demand then was higher than for Garth Brooks,tickets sold out in under an hour and the touts were selling tickets for below face value for the first 2 gigs.

I rarely buy tickets myself when they go onsale ,I wait until closer to the date and pick them up off Ticketmaster or Done Deal ,Gumtree etc and have yet to miss any gig I have wanted to go to ,I mostly get tickets at less than face value too and good seats as well.

Hi, when you say they will go on sale with ticket master, will they announce it before hand? or I should say do they normally announce before hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Cnuts selling them on for 4 or 5 times as much. Just seeing the prices sicken me.

They were €65 this morning.

I got 2 tickets for Sunday and already swapped with a friend for Saturday cos it suits us better. I would hav happily gone to Sunday though.

I'd say you are the only person with tickets who is complaining. It's people like you that sicken me. Oh I got a ticket but its in a bad area. Poor me. Just go and enjoy the gig ffs. After you being in here last few days saying hoq mm uch it meant to just be there. Grow up.

Zac Brown Band, Hunter Hayes and Kip Moore rumoured to support him on US leg of tour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Amanda7326 wrote: »
    Hi, when you say they will go on sale with ticket master, will they announce it before hand? or I should say do they normally announce before hand?

Sometimes they mention it on the website but they mostly dont .
    You have to check the site every so often but the extra tickets usually dont go onsale until closer to the gigs,probably 2-4 weeks in advance.

• Advertisement

anyone with a ticket, enough with the complaining where it is, I know plenty of people win were not that lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Apparently per news reports there won't be a fourth Croke Park concert per Peter Aiken. Lots of people disappointed at missing out - anyone think there are prospects of a few more concerts around the country to meet the remaining demand? I know there were strong rumours of Garth Brooks coming to Nowlan Park a few weeks ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    anyone with a ticket, enough with the complaining where it is, I know plenty of people win were not that lucky

Have to agree.. absolutely bloody thrilled to have 2 tickets anywhere after this morning, I really didnt think it was gonna happen at one stage and couldnt queue up (was pushing it to get the morning off to try and even get into work later!) and absolutely horrible for anyone especially those who queued and didnt get any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Will the premium level tickets be available for us to buy?? Who gets these tickets and what's premium about them.

samo wrote: »
    Have to agree.. absolutely bloody thrilled to have 2 tickets anywhere after this morning, I really didnt think it was gonna happen at one stage and couldnt queue up (was pushing it to get the morning off to try and even get into work later!) and absolutely horrible for anyone especially those who queued and didnt get any.

i just went on by chance at 10:15, 25 mins later, the shock of my life, i had a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

I saw Brooks in Vegas a couple of years ago and he had Trisha on stage for a fair while chatting and doing a few songs. Wouldn't surprise me if she was supporting him, they're married and his world tour is meant to last 3yrs so it would make sense for them (as a couple) to do it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Being able to buy six is encouraging touting as well bar the obvious reasons, normal people who are going to the concert will say I'll get two more and stick them on eBay and pay for the weekend and my own tickets out of the profit. You can't blame them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Apparently per news reports there won't be a fourth Croke Park concert per Peter Aiken. Lots of people disappointed at missing out - anyone think there are prospects of a few more concerts around the country to meet the remaining demand? I know there were strong rumours of Garth Brooks coming to Nowlan Park a few weeks ago :confused:

No. That is the only GAA week free for Croke Park and they have a deal with residents to have no more than 3 shows in a 14 day period.

Belfast is the only other place I could think of in Ireland tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I'm happy to say that I complained about an ad on done deal for one guy selling tickets at €220 each - Done deal have removed his ad. It's only right - they shouldn't allow people to sell concert tickets at such inflated prices!

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. That is the only GAA week free for Croke Park and they have a deal with residents to have no more than 3 shows in a 14 day period.

Belfast is the only other place I could think of in Ireland tbh.

how about gaelic grounds in limerick? potential 40'000 for a gig

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement