Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Paulegend wrote: »
    how about gaelic grounds in limerick? potential 40'000 for a gig

MCD have Gaelic Grounds concert rights.

The anger at shops is pitiful really.. Anger at online is ffine, but shops can only print Off so many.. I mean there's no such thing as 'reserve tickets for shop's and the limerick shop in particular had warned people not to be definite..
    Congrats to anyone who got tickets though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Paulegend wrote: »
    how about gaelic grounds in limerick? potential 40'000 for a gig

There are 24,000 seats at the Gaelic Grounds (The 25,500 terrace spaces would be closed off). The stage layout would probably take 1,000-2,000 seats out of action leaving 22,000.

Suppose the pitch could take another 8,500-9,000 (leaving room for bars, sound towers , lighting towers etc) so that brings capacity to 31,000 approx.

Very Similar to what Pairc Ui Chaoimh held for Bruce last Summer.

Personally, I don't think Aiken will be adding more dates. Croke Park DVD will then get released in December 2014, along with a World Tour schedule, creating a global ticket rush!! More likely that he will return in 2015/2016 during his World Tour for another 2-3 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The anger at shops is pitiful really.. Anger at online is ffine, but shops can only print Off so many.. I mean there's no such thing as 'reserve tickets for shop's and the limerick shop in particular had warned people not to be definite.

The anger at the shop was justified in this case imo. They didn't open the doors until 9:50am. There is all kinds of talks now that the time between 9am and opening time was used to print tickets for family and friends of the store.

Very underhand and unprofessional if this turns out to be true.

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The anger at the shop was justified in this case imo. They didn't open the doors until 9:50am. There is all kinds of talks now that the time between 9am and opening time was used to print tickets for family and friends of the store.

Very underhand and unprofessional if this turns out to be true.

Any proof to the time?
    Thryre only a new ticketmaster outlet aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The anger at shops is pitiful really.. Anger at online is ffine, but shops can only print Off so many.. I mean there's no such thing as 'reserve tickets for shop's and the limerick shop in particular had warned people not to be definite..
    Congrats to anyone who got tickets though :D

It's all pitiful, either way, especially the ones going mental on Ticketmaster's facebook.
    They gave out 240,000 tickets in 2 hours or whatever it was as fairly as could be managed. The venue can't fit anymore people in.

It's not like there is a ton of them gone to touts either, there seems to be hardly any (hence the high price) relative to most gigs this size.

Supply and demand, what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭madmammy

the hubby got 2 tickets, he was on line until 10.40 trying to get them...i don't care what ones he got i'm just glad i'm going
    its for saturday and we are up high but we are going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Personally, I don't think Aiken will be adding more dates.
    They might release more tickets close to the date though. So I would not go buying tickets over the odds now.

I am pretty sure the last few U2 gigs had a release of more tickets near the concert date to combat touts. They probably hold back corporate ones anyways. This was pretty much a dead cert to sell out like any U2 gig would be, so more likely to do the same tricks, even if it is just a ploy to get them in the papers, since they could do various other things to combat touts if they were bothered.

Edit: just searched google for stories of U2 and found lads in this thread saying the same as me about releasing more!

10 years ago
    LAST MINUTE EMINEM TICKETS In an effort to combat touts, MCD have put an extra 1,500 tickets on sale for each of Eminem's Punchestown Racecourse shows next week. The Hot Press Newsdesk, 19 Jun 2003 - See more at: http://www.hotpress.com/news/Last-minute-Eminem-tickets/2663703.html#sthash.T6eSfZY5.dpuf

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Any proof to the time?
    Thryre only a new ticketmaster outlet aswell.

Yes, I had family that were at the front of the queue. Only 46 people were given tickets out of all 3 dates

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

So can you swap your seated ticket for a standing ticket on the day at a ticket stand? I'd prefer to be with the OH or else I'll be on my own for the concert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

So can you swap your seated ticket for a standing ticket on the day at a ticket stand? I'd prefer to be with the OH or else I'll be on my own for the concert

They usually have a very small leeway for allowing people to do this for medical reasons but I would say a lot of people will be trying and with legitimate reasons too so most likely you'll have to find someone who has a standing who'll swap for your seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

You'll only be able to swap your seated ticket for a standing ticket if you manage to meet someone who wants to do the reverse.

Ticketmaster/Ticket Office at Croke Park won't be changing tickets for people.

Standing is fully sold out. In order to comply with the licence terms and Health & Safety guidelines, people with seated tickets will not be left onto the pitch.

OF COURSE, there will be cases where someone knows a steward or someone working for TM or Aiken etc etc who will manage to sneak onto the pitch but there will not be official ticket swaps carried out. Or people who have a physical/medical reason!! I would imagine no more than 100-250 people would be allowed change.

If there was an accident of any kind and it emerged that the pitch had more people than was allowed, Aiken would be cleaned out and may never be granted a licence for future events.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Being able to buy six is encouraging touting as well bar the obvious reasons, normal people who are going to the concert will say I'll get two more and stick them on eBay and pay for the weekend and my own tickets out of the profit. You can't blame them either.

Not always. I bought six tickets this morning - 2 tickets each for three couples in my family and we are all going together.

If there was a max of 4 or 2, then we might not have all been able to go, or even for example with any concert, where you had no difficulty getting tickets, we wouldn't all be sitting together.

Incidentally, I could have got 6 more tickets as it turned out, but I didn't. I am a G.B. fan and wanted to see him, as are my family members, I have no interest in buying tickets for profit or to force genuine fans into the hands of profiteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

So can you swap your seated ticket for a standing ticket on the day at a ticket stand?
    Unlikely as there are limits for fire safety and crowd control etc.

If you heard it happening before it probably was not a sell out gig.

Its far easier to swop standing for seated than vice versa, as people will not want to be seated on their own. If you have a pair of seated tickets you have a better chance of swopping for 2 standing. You can put ads up on toutless for swopping like this.

People with standing may wish to swop if they have a bad ankle or some other similar reason coming towards the days. But its easier to get rid of in pairs to couples.

Touts outside would pay a lot less for a single seated ticket than a standing. A tout may exchange it for a fee, but you might want nothing to do with them at all, and of course risk it being fake.

Another trick is to be somewhere outside with a sign up saying you want to swop, I have seen people with signs at a few gigs over the years. So you are not going around shouting like a tout and are recognized as being more trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

You'll only be able to swap your seated ticket for a standing ticket if you manage to meet someone who wants to do the reverse.

Ticketmaster/Ticket Office at Croke Park won't be changing tickets for people.

Standing is fully sold out. In order to comply with the licence terms and Health & Safety guidelines, people with seated tickets will not be left onto the pitch.

OF COURSE, there will be cases where someone knows a steward or someone working for TM or Aiken etc etc who will manage to sneak onto the pitch but there will not be official ticket swaps carried out. Or people who have a physical/medical reason!! I would imagine no more than 100-250 people would be allowed change.

If there was an accident of any kind and it emerged that the pitch had more people than was allowed, Aiken would be cleaned out and may never be granted a licence for future events.

Thanks for the info, I completely understand about the health and safety. I'm a bit worried about getting lost tbh! Sucks we couldn't get tickets together!

Ah well, whoever is sitting in seat UPP705, row J, seat 14 please be advised you will be making a new friend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Adverts.ie and done deal doing a good job of taking down the extortionate tickets for sale. A few have pictures of the actual tickets. If I knew how I would report them to TM to get them invalidated do they could be re sold

polydactyl wrote: »
    Adverts.ie and done deal doing a good job of taking down the extortionate tickets for sale. A few have pictures of the actual tickets. If I knew how I would report them to TM to get them invalidated do they could be re sold

Like we all wouldnt do it if we could affird to buy extraa tickets.. :P
    Dd the person who wasscaremongering and buying for her whole village in Galway get sorted actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Actually I would not and did not. Had two sets of 4 this morning and sold the unwanted 4 for face value after I got the better set.

I hate touts whatever way they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think the problem with shops is that usually they can print off say 300 tickets, you'd hope they go to customers.

But obviously, a certain amount (50 or so) are put away for staff (fair enough, perk of the job).

The anger comes when the shops take the piss and end up saving the bulk for their staff/friends/family, and the customers don't feel like they get a fair shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Sorry to drone on but does any1 know if we can buy premium tickets and what do they consist of... Getting a bit desperate now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

Sorry to drone on but does any1 know if we can buy premium tickets and what do they consist of... Getting a bit desperate now!!

People should remember that more tickets will almost definitely go on sale closer to the date, the first sale is always done as if the stage will take up the max possible space, but once the stage configuration is confirmed more tickets will be made available, it might only be a few thousand but I wouldn't be rushing to spend a fortune just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

john.han wrote: »
    People should remember that more tickets will almost definitely go on sale closer to the date, the first sale is always done as if the stage will take up the max possible space, but once the stage configuration is confirmed more tickets will be made available, it might only be a few thousand but I wouldn't be rushing to spend a fortune just yet.

I agree that more might go on sale but there still seems to be a HUGE amount of people still looking.... so even with the extra ones its looking unlikely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

People will always sell for profit. That's the way it's all been. It's the ****ers selling multiple copies of single printed tickets that I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Google premium level croke park and it will tell you all you need to know. Premium tickets not bought will more than likely go on sale. How or when is another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Thanks folks

I'll sit it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

was at a funeral for most of the day.

parked up on the way to it on the hard shoulder of the m50 with my laptop connected to my phone internet at 9am.
    trying on the app in the church until the funeral started.
    popped back to the car between the mass and the cemetery.
    straight back to the laptop afterwards. all sold out by then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

was at a funeral for most of the day.

parked up on the way to it on the hard shoulder of the m50 with my laptop connected to my phone internet at 9am.
    trying on the app in the church until the funeral started.
    popped back to the car between the mass and the cemetery.
    straight back to the laptop afterwards. all sold out by then :(

I'm sorry for your troubles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

How are people who missed out on tickets holding up?

I had leave boards at about 1.

I'm doing very well tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

What are the chances of the original rumours that was before the xmas ?

With shows all over the country? Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny.

The demand is there and he can easily sell it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Had a bad morning. Was at work, and trying on the PC from 9am, and the iPad app. Tried originally for Saturday, then Friday. Then Sunday was announced and trying for that one then too (all different browsers running). Came out empty handed, as did my friends.
    One of the girls at work got two for Friday night, and she said my face when she announced it just showed how devastated I was (she knows how much I love country). So when I couldn't get any tickets, she sold me her two at face value as she knew I was a bigger fan than her. All she wants is me to get her a tshirt at the concert. I picked her up a nails inc set in BT on the way home as a thank you. I really can't believe she did that, such a nice gesture!
    I think they are Upper Hogan, section 732, Row P. The seating chart doesn't seem to work on the ipad so have no idea if they are good or bad, but just being there will be a dream!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement