Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Just got a phonecall from a family member saying there is a ticket for me :D

Delighted is not the word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Feel sorry for the hundreds who queued overnight and missed out. We did try to warn them though!

Ticketmaster are a horrid company. They've done this so many times, all it takes is a little bit of effort or care on their side to make it much fairer.

First they could set it to a minimum of 4 or even 2 per purchase.

Then they could set DEFINITE allocations for physical sale. So say 200 per store, once the queue is in place, the store hand out vouchers so people beyond that know they are wasting their time.

Best of all would be the glastonbury system but that's unlikely seeing as it would actually cost them a few quid to implement.

It's like an exact replica of U2 at Slane, and that was 13 years ago. They haven't learned a thing. Customer satisfaction is bottom of their list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Awww

Jeez, so much disappointed people. Im so sorry for those who didnt get any. A shop in limerick didnt open till 10am. Online TM kicking people out.

Im a massive massive fan and I balled my eyes out when I got seats at the very back of croke park. Would have prefered to be glued to the stage. But I realise that im lucky to be there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What are the chances of the original rumours that was before the xmas ?

With shows all over the country? Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny.

The demand is there and he can easily sell it all.

Simple Answer, none.
    3 days in Croke park is it, others woulda been annoynced today Id imagine.. any more than the three would be overkill..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Farfalla

My wife tried for over 90 mins. Got nothing. Online TM saying she was in the queue, but never got to purchase them.

Can anyone explain this: her time in the queue kept dropping from 15 mins to 1 then went back up to 15 mins. Happened multiple times. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I Don't get the what the big deal is over this guy. Frankly I would'nt go to see Garth Brooks if he was playing in my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There are 24,000 seats at the Gaelic Grounds (The 25,500 terrace spaces would be closed off). The stage layout would probably take 1,000-2,000 seats out of action leaving 22,000.

Suppose the pitch could take another 8,500-9,000 (leaving room for bars, sound towers , lighting towers etc) so that brings capacity to 31,000 approx.

Very Similar to what Pairc Ui Chaoimh held for Bruce last Summer.

Personally, I don't think Aiken will be adding more dates. Croke Park DVD will then get released in December 2014, along with a World Tour schedule, creating a global ticket rush!! More likely that he will return in 2015/2016 during his World Tour for another 2-3 nights.

Gaelic Grounds is MCD also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

What are the chances of the original rumours that was before the xmas ?

With shows all over the country? Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny.

The demand is there and he can easily sell it all.

Very much doubt it, the whole point of these gigs is that they're the
    "comeback special" you add any more dates and they lose half their appeal. Plus you do shows outside Dublin and it pisses off a lotta people who coulda skipped the croke park gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KatieMM

cee_jay wrote: »
    Had a bad morning. Was at work, and trying on the PC from 9am, and the iPad app. Tried originally for Saturday, then Friday. Then Sunday was announced and trying for that one then too (all different browsers running). Came out empty handed, as did my friends.
    One of the girls at work got two for Friday night, and she said my face when she announced it just showed how devastated I was (she knows how much I love country). So when I couldn't get any tickets, she sold me her two at face value as she knew I was a bigger fan than her. All she wants is me to get her a tshirt at the concert. I picked her up a nails inc set in BT on the way home as a thank you. I really can't believe she did that, such a nice gesture!
    I think they are Upper Hogan, section 732, Row P. The seating chart doesn't seem to work on the ipad so have no idea if they are good or bad, but just being there will be a dream!

Nice 1 cee_jay, had a similar morning myself. am attaching pic of croke park seating plan, upper hogan looks good, kind of mid-way from stage. enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I Don't get the what the big deal is over this guy. Frankly I would'nt go to see Garth Brooks if he was playing in my back garden.

That's nice for you. Why are you in a Garth Brooks thread so? You're entitled to your opinion, as are his fans. Bet you like plenty of things other people don't, otherwise the world would be a very boring place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Awww

Jeez, so much disappointed people. Im so sorry for those who didnt get any. A shop in limerick didnt open till 10am. Online TM kicking people out.

Im a massive massive fan and I balled my eyes out when I got seats at the very back of croke park. Would have prefered to be glued to the stage. But I realise that im lucky to be there at all.

ahhhhh jaysus woman. YOUR GOING TO GARTH BROOKS. you will be listening to him LIVE. no more tears.

kinda getting annoyed now with people who are coming into threads (not just here) telling us they don't understand what the big deal. seriously, it's a big deal for us garth brooks fans, some of us who have been fans since we were 10 years old. we don't go asking why you like the music you like,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I should hope that if your "Buy it Now" price is €2000 that the p&p is free...

ZsXCoGz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

Ticketmaster took the names and numbers of the first 20 people in each queue around the country. Anyone know what it was for??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

What did he say with his announcement last week,
    'if you want more' and he mentioned the figure 4/5 'we'll find a way.'

• Registered Users Posts: 38,389 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

im in section 723 row A seats 7-10 and im so worried that i will be looking at a speaker throughout the concert

45956524891922872905.png

heres an image from a past concert i found online and i personally dont want to pay over 250 euro to be looking at a rail for the whole show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ticketmaster took the names and numbers of the first 20 people in each queue around the country. Anyone know what it was for??

Ticketmaster outlets generally take your name and number anyway. Your name is then printed on the ticket. It's part of the reason why buying from an outlet can be a bit slow, that coupled with the archaic system that outlets have to use and crap servers that aren't suited to heavy traffic.

God, some of the comments under the article is disgusting congratulating him and 'fair play to him.'

Cool_CM wrote: »
    I should hope that if your "Buy it Now" price is €2000 that the p&p is free...

ZsXCoGz.png

Ah for fcuk sake.

€2000 for 2 tickets.

They were €130 this morning. €1870 extra for 2 tickets.

Cant believe this is happening.

Absolutely sickened.

I know people who cried not getting tickets and this cnut is taking advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Im a massive massive fan and I balled my eyes out when I got seats at the very back of croke park.

So much wrong with that statement!! You're a massive fan but you cried because you didn't get the tickets you wanted? Are you 8 years old?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah for fcuk sake.

€2000 for 2 tickets.

Absolutely sickened.

No one is gonna pay a grand a ticket.

dobman88 wrote: »
    So much wrong with that statement!! You're a massive fan but you cried because you didn't get the tickets you wanted? Are you 8 years old?

Well, Im sorry for being a fan. What's wrong with wanting to be up close.

Feel sorry for the hundreds who queued overnight and missed out. We did try to warn them though!

Ticketmaster are a horrid company. They've done this so many times, all it takes is a little bit of effort or care on their side to make it much fairer.

First they could set it to a minimum of 4 or even 2 per purchase.

Then they could set DEFINITE allocations for physical sale. So say 200 per store, once the queue is in place, the store hand out vouchers so people beyond that know they are wasting their time.

Best of all would be the glastonbury system but that's unlikely seeing as it would actually cost them a few quid to implement.

It's like an exact replica of U2 at Slane, and that was 13 years ago. They haven't learned a thing. Customer satisfaction is bottom of their list.

My sister looked at the 6 limit on monday evening and said that ticketmaster should really drop it down to 4.

Ah for fcuk sake.

€2000 for 2 tickets.

Absolutely sickened.

I had 3 messages on facebook this morning half an hour after getting two tickets. One guy offered me 2 grand. People are willing to pay it but nothing could seperate me from my tickets

Well, Im sorry for being a fan. What's wrong with wanting to be up close.

If you're a big fan you should be happy to be there at all the way it sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Ticketmaster outlets generally take your name and number anyway. Your name is then printed on the ticket. It's part of the reason why buying from an outlet can be a bit slow, that coupled with the archaic system that outlets have to use and crap servers that aren't suited to heavy traffic.

No it was the first time its been done. They came to the line at 6am and wanted the first 20 but nothing to do with ticket sales. I smell a meet and greet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

This thread reminds me of Christmas.....

Last night was Christmas Eve, with the family gathered around the fire telling anecdotes of Garth Brooks days gone by..

Now it's Christmas Night and the row is on and the family are beginning to turn on each other..

dobman88 wrote: »
    If you're a big fan you should be happy to be there at all the way it sold out.

i'm after saying this to her so many times today. i have friends who didn't get any tickets

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

I'm recovered enough to comment now. Spent 25 hours queuing outside ticketmaster in Donegal to get tickets. Main reason was I wanted disabled ticket for my brother as there was such a low number of these. I had contacted the store on numerous occasions to check about buying these tickets and was told it be no problem just request it when I was buying the rest

That was grand until 7.00 am this morning when I was informed that if my brother was present at time of purchase we couldn't get his tickets so I had to rush and get in contact with home to get him over to the store in time (we live nearly 1 hour away) thankfully they managed to get him over in time and as disabled tickets were available from 8.30 am he was the 1st person to have his tickets in hand (and unconfirmed as 1st in Ireland) . I was still in que at this time and started to worry as word came through about both shows being sold out etc but thankfully I got all the tickets needed and we going to have family day out :)

I was number 51 in the que and I would estimate there was 350-400 people queuing most of them for 20+ hours. Only 70 people were able to get tickets before they sold out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement