Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

No it was the first time its been done. They came to the line at 6am and wanted the first 20 but nothing to do with ticket sales. I smell a meet and greet

Ah right, I thought you meant whilst actually buying the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Managed to get 4 standing for Sunday, while my mother got 2 for saturday, delighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭SG8

Sorry if this pic has been posted already but (if true, probably not) those of who who didn't get tickets can consolidate knowing that this chap got his and...

Ryan Giggs?

Could be worse I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

SG8 wrote: »
    Sorry if this pic has been posted already but (if true, probably not) those of who who didn't get tickets can consolidate knowing that this chap got his and...

Ryan Giggs?

Could be worse I suppose :)

i shouldn't laugh :o

but damn €68. is that for 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gemmamc

Can any one tell me what cusack stand row u block 302 seats 23-28 are like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Here's the seat map.

Block 302 is the second block from the stage. Row U would be the 21st row.
    So pretty good seats.

14645s_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Surely with his name and address they could cancel the tickets he bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Just been on eBay people are bidding away on tickets I can't believe the demand! I almost feel guilty I got 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm after saying this to her so many times today. i have friends who didn't get any tickets

Me and 3 others had plenty of pcs and laptops out for a mate today because the demand was going to be huge and yet some people complain because they got tickets in a section of the ground they don't want to be in . That makes me feel very annoyed for my friend .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Would he be allowed to put on another 1 or 2 concerts on say the weds, thurs or monday? Would croke park be allowed to do that?

And wow 250k tickets sold in an hour. It's scary how much the Irish like him...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Would he be allowed to put on another 1 or 2 concerts on say the weds, thurs or monday? Would croke park be allowed to do that?

Its nearly as mad as their love for Smokie back in the mid 1980s, they had a bunch of hits back in the mid 1970s, I more or less forgot all about them after that. When I came over with folks on holiday in the 1980s and couldn't believe it, the North West was going crazy for this band, OK, not the same scale as Garth here, but a daft nugget of info from the past.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

They could be pushing it by trying to get another gig on with 3 one direction concerts and 3 Garth Brooks ones.

Come down to Limerick and play the Gaelic Grounds I say. The capacity should be in around the 45,000-50,000 mark I would imagine. Thomond Park would be excellent too but not sure if 30,000 would be enough.

Spent two hours online this morning with no success. I really hope another one is added. It might devalue the touts tickets a little bit at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Me and 3 others had plenty of pcs and laptops out for a mate today because the demand was going to be huge and yet some people complain because they got tickets in a section of the ground they don't want to be in . That makes me feel very annoyed for my friend .

i know. i got a ticket in the upper cusack stand. i suffer from vertigo anyway, but i will suffer for on, take my medicine and enjoy Garth Brooks live in concert. :D:D it's a box i can tick off my bucket list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This story's doing the rounds but it's too similar to another...I smell a tout:

http://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/garth-brooks-tickets/6357165

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭SG8

fussyonion wrote: »
    This story's doing the rounds but it's too similar to another...I smell a tout:

http://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/garth-brooks-tickets/6357165

Hide the sausage :D

Jofspring wrote: »
    They could be pushing it by trying to get another gig on with 3 one direction concerts and 3 Garth Brooks ones.

Come down to Limerick and play the Gaelic Grounds I say. The capacity should be in around the 45,000-50,000 mark I would imagine. Thomond Park would be excellent too but not sure if 30,000 would be enough.

Spent two hours online this morning with no success. I really hope another one is added. It might devalue the touts tickets a little bit at least.

That's a genius idea and hope they do it. No interest myself but it would be great if Limerick/Cork/Kerry got a gig. Great for the towns and great for the local economy. Hope they do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Seems to be plenty going for asking or slightly above asking on DD.
    I think a lot of people got caught up in the panic and purchased 6 when they actually only needed 2 or 3. I don't think anyone who wants to go to this will have to pay much over face value.

I think a lot of people got caught up in the panic and purchased 6 when they actually only needed 2 or 3. I don't think anyone who wants to go to this will have to pay much over face value.

Well if you get them now then yeah but the longer you leave it the higher the price will be i'd imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

A lot of them are fake adds. Friend has been calling around all day and 6 different adds were fake and no tickets available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

It is but its also should be noted the probable amount of buyers from all other countries. These are his only international dates in 2014 announced for the first time in over 15 years. In a way it's kind of unfair on some Irish fans!

Imagine if the Stones, U2, Springsteen, Prince, Madonna etc hadnt toured in 17 years and announced an initial 2 dates in a year!!

10/12 nights in Croker with all nationalities in??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

No. That is one of the last free weekends before the GAA season gets serious and Croke Park have a deal with local residents. No more than 3 concerts in 14 days. Garth and 1D could sell out a week no problem but 3 nights is max.

Tbh I think Belfast would be a more likely host than anywhere down south. Nowhere in Ireland has a venue big enough outside Croker really. And people are forgetting. This is a comeback special and his world tour won't be in full swing until 2015 and I think after this sell out we might just get another Dublin date. I don't know why people are panicking. He will definitely do a UK gig on his word tour in 2015/2016 so there will be loads of opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It wasn't an hour. About 2 hours.
    People selecting 6 tickets would have gotten "unavailable" messages long before they actually sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I can't seem to find his 1997 concert on youtube. Does anyone know if its on there or even any songs from the concert with footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

I'm so depressed - my only hope is that they release more tickets!

I am sickened by touts and the prices they are selling at. GB himself wanted to keep prices down to make his show accessible for all his fans, now many fans have no tickets and I for one cannot afford the prices on ebay.

2 should be the max....end of..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jofspring wrote: »

TIME THE GAELIC GROUNDS AN MCD VENUE. Garth is Aiken. WILL NOT BE THERE

For Thomond has to be week after Croke, won't be August.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ticket touting is NOT allowed in this forum or any forum on the Music category. People are being banned from the forums for doing so. Please REPORT any breaches of the charter and the mods will sort it out ASAP.

However some user are quoting the breach of charter. The problem with this is that the quoted post is still in breach of charter but is not being removed as the Mods may not have seen it.
    Please don't quote posts that you report. That is simply breathing life into the spam. Report it and trust to the mods to deal with it when they can.

Thanks all for reporting ticket trading posts, we do appreciate it and it really does help. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. That is one of the last free weekends before the GAA season gets serious and Croke Park have a deal with local residents. No more than 3 concerts in 14 days. Garth and 1D could sell out a week no problem but 3 nights is max.

Tbh I think Belfast would be a more likely host than anywhere down south. Nowhere in Ireland has a venue big enough outside Croker really. And people are forgetting. This is a comeback special and his world tour won't be in full swing until 2015 and I think after this sell out we might just get another Dublin date. I don't know why people are panicking. He will definitely do a UK gig on his word tour in 2015/2016 so there will be loads of opportunities.

where in belfast is bigger than

thomond park 28'000
    RDS 18'000
    Aviva 50'000
    Gaelic Grounds 49'000 (havent seen anything to suggest its an mcd venue by the way)

as far as i know the biggest in belfast is
    winsor 24'000
    oval 15'000
    and then the odyessy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

dobman88 wrote: »
    I don't know why people are panicking. He will definitely do a UK gig on his word tour in 2015/2016 so there will be loads of opportunities.

That's really easy to say when you have a ticket.

Everyone should start mailing the touts and agree to meet up to buy the tickets. This weekend is perfect for it, it'll be cold and wet. Obviously don't turn up. At least make it difficult for them to sell and cost them a few bob in petrol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

LaVail wrote: »
    I can't seem to find his 1997 concert on youtube. Does anyone know if its on there or even any songs from the concert with footage?
    It was released on DVD a few years ago. It's named "The Entertainer". Not sure if it's on youtube but there are torrents available.

Saw this clip on facebook (apoligies if the link doesn't work)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153768578740206

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement