Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The main thing to do here is remain calm, 240000 tickets have gone on sale. Coming up to the event there will be alot of these available. Ticketmaster will put more tickets back on sale, this won't be advertised, so keep checking TM.

There will be genuine fans looking to sell and buy tickets for all 3 shows. If you are diligent and keep checking TM, toutless and #ticketfairy you will get a ticket.

Good luck to all hoping to go to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Swanner wrote: »
    That's really easy to say when you have a ticket.

Everyone should start mailing the touts and agree to meet up to buy the tickets. This weekend is perfect for it, it'll be cold and wet. Obviously don't turn up. At least make it difficult for them to sell and cost them a few bob in petrol :)

Love it. Great idea..
    There putting up adds selling them at 70 each, I rang loads of them, they asking for 500 each then on the phone. They make me sick. It's an absolute discrace. How can they sleep at night...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

aswell people should check adverts.ie too, for tickets . all you need is a bit of patients and you will get a ticket , there are genuine fans out there that will want to sell tickets :) just keep an eye over adverts and you are bound to find tickets at cost price

im like a hawke with touts on adverts ticket section :P the mods keep it clean and tout free , absolutely brilliant , like oldgoat said ,reporting is the best solution and has proven to work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

also touts will always be there , i have the same attitude towards them as i would have for benefit cheats :) dirt of the earth and they are more than likely getting benefits aswell!!!

I'm sitting on adverts since yesterday. It's sickening looking at the touts popping up. I've reported that many I'd say adverts are sick of me now lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

I'm not particularly interested in this myself, but was lucky enough to secure three tickets on the Sunday night for my mother and her friends. She was also online and got a few others (was a group of them looking, and they'll be used!), but the whole thing brightened her day up quite a bit since she was meant to be in South America on a walking holiday when the tickets went on sale, until she fell and fractured her kneecap about 10 days before she was meant to leave, which obviously put paid to that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Mr.S wrote: »
    If you've 10 mins to kill, putting insane max bids on all the eBay auctions will piss all the people looking to make a profit on tickets off quite a bit :D

That's great idea. I don't use ebay much, rarely in fact. What would happen if you were to make a bid and actually get it then. Do you have to follow through and buy?

I'm devastasted and still a bit down and depressed I didn't get tickets yesterday. I need some whiskey and beer to chase my blues away.

Just make a new account that you don't intent to use properly and bid away, you aren't forced to pay, you'll just receive non payment strikes against your account.

Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

That's great idea. I don't use ebay much, rarely in fact. What would happen if you were to make a bid and actually get it then. Do you have to follow through and buy?

Yes of course you have to follow through and buy it.
    I noticed yesterday that some of the ads on eBay had the face value of tickets as the asking price but people got into bidding wars to get them then. It's not all touts there are some genuine sellers they can't be held accountable for panic bidders if they put up the face value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Do you have to follow through and buy?
    You're supposed to, and if you don't they can possibly ban you.

Its in ebays interest to allow unrestriced ticket selling as they get a % of the selling price.

The only ones you see them banning previously are the likes of people selling live aid tickets at high prices, or other charity events. Probably pains them to do that too, but they have to do something to appear to give a damn.

Ticketmaster could do loads more too, but couldn't be arsed.

I was trying to think of some way of them going to "genuine fans", now this would have drawbacks and was just a crazy thought, but imagine instead of a captcha they gave you a question or questions about the artist, which must be answered in 1-2seconds to stop googling the answer. Or mulitple choice like "which of these is not a garth brooks song".

U2 & ticketmaster have touted tickets before in a sneaky way. A few other bands have too. The trick is to set up a crappy fanclub which gives priority access to tickets. I know several people who paid €40 to sign up to some crap U2 fanclub just to be sure to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

No, they are touting their tickets. They want profit on the tickets they are selling. Why else would they buy tickets and then put them on eBay a day later?

If they wanted to be genuine, they could have put it up as a buy now auction for cost price, or stuck them on Toutless etc.

(you don't need to follow through and buy it, nothings making you click pay after you win, unless the seller has requested instant payment)
    Not everyone is aware of toutless you know and some people ended up with extras because multiple people were trying different avenues of purchase.

Plus ebay is an international platform unlike adverts and donedeal...it may not be Irish people who are selling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Saw an add on done deal with a picture of all 6 tickets for sale. Buy the maximum allowed and then sell the lot after. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Saw an add on done deal with a picture of all 6 tickets for sale. Buy the maximum allowed and then sell the lot after. Why?

simpsons-family-cash.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

You know what? I bought 6 tickets for family as I'm generally pretty lucky getting tickets (By which I mean I have 2 or 3 PCs going and dialing and using phone data on one PC and prepping details etc). Now it looks like the family members can't go. Fair enough.

So what am I thinking of doing? I put them online for face value and, according to here, I'm a scam artist. Don't trust someone selling at face value is a direct quote from this very thread. I put them for more money and I'm scum of the earth tout who they wouldn't brake for if I was crossing the road and who want to go online and artificially drive tickets higher in order to piss me and other bidders off.

You didn't get through? Fair enough. Sorry to hear that. You don't like touts? Fair enough, I understand. Who does? But let others pay what they want for their tickets. What f*cking business is that of yours? None. Touts aren't driving the ticket prices up, Touts don't have some magical access to tickets we don't have. You don't want to pay that price? Guess what? You DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE TICKETS!!! Leave those who DO want to buy the tickets buy them instead of driving the price up for them too. All I'm hearing is tout tout tout tout tout. I can't go to the concert and I have spare tickets. If I can make a few bob on the tickets and maybe pay a few bills like electricity or gas or a bit of this month's mortgage then why not? I didn't BUY the tickets to tout them but now I have them and I cannot use them. I'm sure there are many in the same boat who are selling them. But all I hear here is "Scum of the Earth" or "Scam Artist".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The problem with making false bids on EBay is that after driving the bid up and not paying the tout will simple pick off the next in line who will pay up. You'll simply have put more money in the touts pocket.
    If you drive the price up in small increments then someone will enter genuine bids.
    If you drive up the price dramatically it will be obvious and the tout will just get remove the bid.
    The only way to deal with touting is not to buy tickets from them. Unfortunately someone will always be willing to pay over the odds.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just make a new account that you don't intent to use properly and bid away, you aren't forced to pay, you'll just receive non payment strikes against your account.

Ridiculous thing for a mod to endorse. Does boards.ie want to troll ebay now?

I've had this happen to be before with normal stuff on eBay, it's incredibly annoying.

If you don't want to buy them, just don't buy them. Don't stop other people.

The gas thing is, the same group of posters that troll the auction prices so high will then be on here complaining about the prices being so high.

Circular moaning, and idiotic.

OldGoat wrote: »
    The problem with making false bids on EBay is that after driving the bid up and not paying the tout will simple pick off the next in line who will pay up. You'll simply have put more money in the touts pocket.
    If you drive the price up in small increments then someone will enter genuine bids.
    If you drive up the price dramatically it will be obvious and the tout will just get remove the bid.
    The only way to deal with touting is not to buy tickets from them. Unfortunately someone will always be willing to pay over the odds.

Exactly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Ticketmaster? Ticketdisaster more like. They are not masters at ticket selling.

Ticketmaster? Ticketdisaster more like. They are not masters at ticket selling.

Well they knocked out 250,000 in 2 hours so they must be doing something right

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Well they knocked out 250,000 in 2 hours so they must be doing something right

No they made an arse of it

nm wrote: »
    Ridiculous thing for a mod to endorse. Does boards.ie want to troll ebay now?

I've had this happen to be before with normal stuff on eBay, it's incredibly annoying.

If you don't want to buy them, just don't buy them. Don't stop other people.

The gas thing is, the same group of posters that troll the auction prices so high will then be on here complaining about the prices being so high.

Circular moaning, and idiotic.

It's a bitta craic. And he means people who have buy now at about 3k. And are trying cheat ppeople...get over yourself..

You know what? I bought 6 tickets for family as I'm generally pretty lucky getting tickets (By which I mean I have 2 or 3 PCs going and dialing and using phone data on one PC and prepping details etc). Now it looks like the family members can't go. Fair enough.

So what am I thinking of doing? I put them online for face value and, according to here, I'm a scam artist. Don't trust someone selling at face value is a direct quote from this very thread. I put them for more money and I'm scum of the earth tout who they wouldn't brake for if I was crossing the road and who want to go online and artificially drive tickets higher in order to piss me and other bidders off.

You didn't get through? Fair enough. Sorry to hear that. You don't like touts? Fair enough, I understand. Who does? But let others pay what they want for their tickets. What f*cking business is that of yours? None. Touts aren't driving the ticket prices up, Touts don't have some magical access to tickets we don't have. You don't want to pay that price? Guess what? You DON'T HAVE TO BUY THE TICKETS!!! Leave those who DO want to buy the tickets buy them instead of driving the price up for them too. All I'm hearing is tout tout tout tout tout. I can't go to the concert and I have spare tickets. If I can make a few bob on the tickets and maybe pay a few bills like electricity or gas or a bit of this month's mortgage then why not? I didn't BUY the tickets to tout them but now I have them and I cannot use them. I'm sure there are many in the same boat who are selling them. But all I hear here is "Scum of the Earth" or "Scam Artist".

You can not use them, so sell them at face value , that's not touting..
    Your not stuck with them then..
    We all have bills to pay btw. 'Hey the esb and gas bill just arrived, that's fine il pay it off with a garth brooks ticket' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

lucky333 wrote: »

No they didn't , there just wasn't enough to go round.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It's a bitta craic. And he means people who have buy now at about 3k. And are trying cheat ppeople...get over yourself..

Who are they cheating? Are they not going to send out the tickets? Is that the insinuation? Because if they advertise them at 3K or 300K and people are willing to buy them at that price and they DO send them out the tickets then how is it a cheat? Again: Don't want to pay that price? Don't. Don't stop others.

No. What's being suggested here, by moderators, is cheating: Artificially driving the prices higher and higher. Have seen that before.....

Who are they cheating? Are they not going to send out the tickets? Is that the insinuation? Because if they advertise them at 3K or 300K and people are willing to buy them at that price and they DO send them out the tickets then how is it a cheat? Again: Don't want to pay that price? Don't. Don't stop others.

No. What's being suggested here, by moderators, is cheating: Artificially driving the prices higher and higher. Have seen that before.....

It's still touting. Cheating touts is fair and only touts defend touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Give it a rest. Nobody is being cheated. They are WILLING to pay. God how hard is it to understand.

lucky333 wrote: »

Why, because there are what, 5 ads on ebay?

They did a great job for 250,000 people. Several hundred are disappointed, pity he couldn't do a forth night or a bigger venue, but not ticketmasters fault.

Excuse me?

• Advertisement

You don't put bids on Buy-it-Now's, stop talking ****e, if that's a bitta craic you must be about 12.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement