Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Would/could online ticketmaster crash next thursday morning? Does it ever happen?

It does happen. It happened for Take That's Croke park gigs.

Mr.S wrote: »

This is for US cards only. As far as I can see there is no way to access this except at the point of paying for something with 3D secure.

I don't remember being asked for a MasterCard one ever so I'm a bit worried now and I can't remember the one for my VISA debit card either.

Another thing if I was to use visa debit which option do you chose on the TM website. VISA or lasercard as there is no visa debit option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

TM have just confirmed there's a 6 ticket limit:

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/426664347591774208

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

This is for US cards only. As far as I can see there is no way to access this except at the point of paying for something with 3D secure.

I don't remember being asked for a MasterCard one ever so I'm a bit worried now and I can't remember the one for my VISA debit card either.

Another thing if I was to use visa debit which option do you chose on the TM website. VISA or lasercard as there is no visa debit option.

You choose VISA.
    People need to calm down, there'll be approx 150,00 tickets with possibly a third date..

From experience, I can lend a bnit of advice though :)
    If it can be helped, do not rely entirely on the site, as when things get busy, ticketmaster.ie can turn into an absolute cluster-feck-mess.

however if you are relying on online. Chose best available EVERYTIME! and a reasonable number of tickets(2/3) this is because if you choose seating for example and decide to be a smart ass and buy 6, to make a profit, ticketmaster will try and get you 6 beside each-other and makes getting tickets a lot more difficult.
    WAIT IN THE QUE YOU ARE PUT IN. DO NOT REFRESH THE PAGE OR YOU LOSE EVERYTHING.

Most ticketmaster outlets will have been told to expect demand by ticketmaster and will open at approx 8.50. In Limerick and Cork at least, a shop worker will come outside before opening, walk down the que and ask people how many ticket they require, and also if standing/seated. They will then go inside and at 9 will start printing as many tickets as they are allowed. (if 6 is max they will just start printing in groups of 6, until the system wont let them print anymore)
    Having cash going into these shops is the easiest, as they do not need to process you online then, and can just hand you a printed out ticket.

Being at the shop for half 6, is plenty of time, there is absolutely NO-NEED to camp out overnight, that is just overreacting.

Also, although yes they are picking form the xsam,e pot in shops, they servers in shops dont seem to get caught in queing, ans shops just start printing.. just please dont go into a shop saying "i need hogan/cusack stand tickets and only htat exact stand will do" take whatever sitting ticket you get, there really will not eb itme to get you your exact demanded ticket.. take which ever you can get and be happy.

he ticketmaster app, also, if you are worried the shop mightn't have your allocation(majority of times for these gigs they do though) is a very easy way to get tickets..

finally, and probably most importantly, ALTHOUGH 65 IS THE RPOICE, YOU WILL PAY ABOUT 70-75 FOR THIS TICKET, AND APPROX 85 FOR A 75 EURO SITTING TICKET! THE PRICE AIKEN AND TICKETMASTER ADVERTISE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE TICKETMASTER FEE, WHICH CAN GO UPTO €7 PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND.. THE TICKET WILL COST MORE THAN €65/75.

think I've covered most area, who knew being a ticket whore would eventually come in handy :P
    hope this helps a little bit :)

TM have confirmed in numerous tweets that ALL tickets will be €65.45 (plus fees):

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre

It is a bit strange that someone up close to the stage is paying the same as someone in the nosebleeds but there ya go.

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »
    TM have confirmed in numerous tweets that ALL tickets will be €65.45 (plus fees):

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre

It is a bit strange that someone up close to the stage is paying the same as someone in the nosebleeds but there ya go.

not including service charge and shizz so in reality everyone will pay approx €73..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    not including service charge and shizz so in reality everyone will pay approx €73..

Yes, that's why I mentioned "(plus fees)".

JJ wrote: »
    Yes, that's why I mentioned "(plus fees)".

was just clarifying, in-case people didn't know what the fees would be is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

People need to calm down, there'll be approx 150,00 tickets with possibly a third date..

They really do.

If there are 2 dates (and some rumblings say as many as 5) that's 120k tickets at least (unless it is a 360 setup they lose a stand behind the stage in gig mode so 150k is probably a bit too much). There are going to be tickets around for at least an hour and I wouldn't be surprised if longer. They won't be GOOD tickets and it might be a case that there'll be a fair bit of misery to get them but 3 mins for 120k tickets is just not happening (quoted in another thread getting hard to keep track of them all at this stage).

The real wildcard in this is the international interest. If this wasn't gig one of a comeback tour Ireland alone wouldn't sell this out straight away. It is really hard to account for what America will do. However these will be going on sale at 9am Irish so 3am - 4am on a Friday morning in America so it might be a case that there'll be tickets around right up until America wakes up in force.

I wouldn't say anyone is walking into Ticketmaster at lunch time and picking one up without hassle but if you are up at 9am and trying consistently and don't mind being up in a nosebleed somewhere you'll almost certainly get some sort of a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Toast wrote: »
    They really do.

If there are 2 dates (and some rumblings say as many as 5) that's 120k tickets at least (unless it is a 360 setup they lose a stand behind the stage in gig mode so 150k is probably a bit too much). There are going to be tickets around for at least an hour and I wouldn't be surprised if longer. They won't be GOOD tickets and it might be a case that there'll be a fair bit of misery to get them but 3 mins for 120k tickets is just not happening (quoted in another thread getting hard to keep track of them all at this stage).

The real wildcard in this is the international interest. If this wasn't gig one of a comeback tour Ireland alone wouldn't sell this out straight away. It is really hard to account for what America will do. However these will be going on sale at 9am Irish so 3am - 4am on a Friday morning in America so it might be a case that there'll be tickets around right up until America wakes up in force.

I wouldn't say anyone is walking into Ticketmaster at lunch time and picking one up without hassle but if you are up at 9am and trying consistently and don't mind being up in a nosebleed somewhere you'll almost certainly get some sort of a ticket.

there is a huge huge interest in these gigs. Almost everyone wants a ticket.

I cant see there been anymore than 2 shows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

My sister introduced me to his rock version of The dance. My heart skipped a beat. I swear. It's beautiful and powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Would a third date sell out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Just heard on the radio that Aiken promotions have said there is no chance of any more dates being put on. Don't know what to make of that as thought they would definitely do a 3rd show as the demand will be there for it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pretty sure there are some sort of limits to number of gigs per year, could be locals or something. U2 would sell out a few dates in a row easy. But looking back in recent years there are a max of 3 gigs per year most years. Maybe someone else already has it pencilled in. There were 4 in 2009 and I think U2 might have had hassle getting the 3 dates that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Concerts

rubadub wrote: »
    Pretty sure there are some sort of limits to number of gigs per year, could be locals or something. U2 would sell out a few dates in a row easy. But looking back in recent years there are a max of 3 gigs per year most years. Maybe someone else already has it pencilled in. There were 4 in 2009 and I think U2 might have had hassle getting the 3 dates that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Concerts

One direction have 3 shows coming up in croke park this year. Just surprised that they have said no chance as garth mentioned in his interviews that they was possibility of more. It still wouldn't surprise me if he does a 3rd show

Ringerbell wrote: »
    Just heard on the radio that Aiken promotions have said there is no chance of any more dates being put on. Don't know what to make of that as thought they would definitely do a 3rd show as the demand will be there for it

Really doubt the demand will be there for approx 250,000 tickets.. hes popukar.. he aint that popular..

Really doubt the demand will be there for approx 250,000 tickets.. hes popukar.. he aint that popular..

He's still extremely popular they are several generations going to want to attend this concert know personally I'm 23 and bern waitin for this since 97 as we couldn't get tickets. I won't be surprised when tickets sell out in matter of minutes on Thursday, if 1 direction can sell croke park for 3 nights I think garth brooks can as well. Only thing that might explain not doing a 3rd show is the fact he will be back soon as part of his world tour

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyebear07

I don't have the option of buying online so will have to physically queue for tickets at a TM, when should we start queuing, mon, tues or weds? Desperate for tickets so would nearly start queuing now only I'd be divorced fierce quick!

Skyebear07 wrote: »
    I don't have the option of buying online so will have to physically queue for tickets at a TM, when should we start queuing, mon, tues or weds? Desperate for tickets so would nearly start queuing now only I'd be divorced fierce quick!

Oh holy lord almighty..
    Thursday Morning, 6/half 6 absolutely earliest and i can GUARANTEE you will get a ticket

Oh holy lord almighty..
    Thursday Morning, 6/half 6 absolutely earliest and i can GUARANTEE you will get a ticket
    Ooooooh I think I'd have a nervous meltdown if I waited until 6am thurs morn lol queue for 1D in galway started about 7am the day before, most people I have spoken to are terrified of TM site crashing so are basically getting into a physical queue as well as virtual queues. I think this will go one of two ways, either it'll be manic beyond belief or it will surprise everyone by not selling out thurs at all.

• Advertisement

Ooooooh I think I'd have a nervous meltdown if I waited until 6am thurs morn lol queue for 1D in galway started about 7am the day before, most people I have spoken to are terrified of TM site crashing so are basically getting into a physical queue as well as virtual queues. I think this will go one of two ways, either it'll be manic beyond belief or it will surprise everyone by not selling out thurs at all.

The que will start and maybe 2 people will be there tops.. but about 6am of the morning and you will get a ticket.. the outlets will have plenty and plenty of tickets.

The que will start and maybe 2 people will be there tops.. but about 6am of the morning and you will get a ticket.. the outlets will have plenty and plenty of tickets.
    Fingers crossed!! Still think we will head in weds lol I reckon I'd cry for a week if we don't get tickets! On another thread here there's talk of people queuing for the tues but fingers crossed that won't happen!

Anyone know is the ticket limit of 6 for Garth brooks per night? Or is it 6 all together between the 2 nights? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

ciaramc wrote: »
    Anyone know is the ticket limit of 6 for Garth brooks per night? Or is it 6 all together between the 2 nights? Thx

6 per night

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    6 per night

Thanks B_Rabbit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

PTH2009 wrote: »
    there is a huge huge interest in these gigs. Almost everyone wants a ticket.

I cant see there been anymore than 2 shows

I'm happy enough to look at this from the perspective that there is ONLY 120k tickets available as anything more than 2 nights is pure speculation. However everything I said (which boiled down to that it would take at least an hour to sell out) stands.

Even allowing for exaggeration not almost everyone wants a ticket. No denying there is an extremely healthy interest and when you add the international fans it is as close to a sure thing that it WILL sell out that you can have. What I'm addressing is the scaremongering and the like here. Ranging from tickets will be gone in minutes to tickets will never go on sale and are already sold to some elite cabal of Garth Brooks 1%ers.

People are attributing the sort of crazy sell outs you get from smaller venues to this. There is almost ten times the tickets to this then there are for a gig in the O2. 100 times the tickets to a gig in the Olympia. More tickets than Oxegen (2011 era) and Electric Picnic COMBINED. More tickets than Glastonbury!

Sure it'll be a crazy morning but once you allow for reality and realise there is a 120k tickets up for grabs, a lot of people are broke after xmas, July is wedding/holiday season etc etc a 45min to 1hr sell out time versus 3 mins makes more sense. The good seats will be gone in minutes but the bring a binoculars (and perhaps mp3 player with greatests hits on it) seats will take a little time to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Queueing 7am the day before 1D went on sale ?

Thats a touch of madness. Were they young college students cause I cant imagine older people with committments queueing that early for Garth Brooks.

Im mad into Garth Brooks and really want a ticket so bad. If I use the bus I wont get into town till 8.30 in the morning, that'll be too late. But my brother was saying that he'll give me the loan of his car so I can get in early. So im hoping to get in around 6 am and hope for the best. Its a pity I cant park up on shop street for the whole night long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Does anyone know what the quickest sell out for a gig this size is on ticket master? I'd be shocked if they're gone in less than half an hour, even if everyone bought 6 tickets it's still about 25000 transactions, realistically it'll be closer to 40000 people buying. That's a lot to process and I doubt ticket master could handle that in the space of a few minutes.

Those considering queueing overnight, it's really not going to be worth unless you're in the front ten or so in the queue. If it's as popular as your making out then tickets will be gone before you get in the door, and I'd rather take my chance online with a decent net connection than rely onthe phone network not to drop coverage or slow down while waiting on someone to arrive on time to open up shop.

All that said, having endured several Glastonbury ticket days, I can only sympathise with the anguish and frustration of trying to book tickets to a gig where demand so outstrips supply. Just be thankful it's ticket master and not see tickets selling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Toast wrote: »
    People are attributing the sort of crazy sell outs you get from smaller venues to this. There is almost ten times the tickets to this then there are for a gig in the O2. 100 times the tickets to a gig in the Olympia. More tickets than Oxegen (2011 era) and Electric Picnic COMBINED. More tickets than Glastonbury!

This is true. My sister got tickets for two nights very easy for Michael Buble in the O2. Thats a small venue. A million times smaller that Croke Park and MB is big here. More tickets for Croke Park. I think this will be fine.

Also my 22 year old brother and most of his friends doesnt have a clue who GB is. Hope most 20 year olds are the same. They wont be out queueing like they did for 1D.

I'll just relax until thursday morning cause there's nothing I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

titchy wrote: »
    I've never been to Croke Park for a concert before,
    After a quick google I think the pitch is split into four areas?
    That the two areas closest the stage are pink and indigo?
    Also if it sells out really quick, what seats would be the best?
    Thanks in advance for any advise on which area to go for next Thursday :D

that's for the one direction gig, I'd imagine for this gig it'll just be a general standing area (at a guess I'd say the 1D gig was split like that to prevent crushing / crowd surges, which isn't really an issue for a gig with grown ups at it)

Best seats will depend on stage position, presuming it's a regular stage setup then it'll be in front of the hill, so the middle third of hogan/cusack a bit back from the front should be best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement