Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Adverts doesn't allow touting

yes im well aware of that :) im talking about ruing a sale for another user,making up more than one account for one person etc!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

With all this commotion over the last few days I can only imagine what the Q for the pit will be like!!
    If there will be a pit?

Do Croke Park have a time limit on how early people can start lining up befoRe a concert?

I think I remember hearing before that they do...

Mr.S wrote: »
    The same thing would happen on eBay :confused:

The difference with Adverts is, that the transactions are getting removed and the users banned - which is what *should* happen on eBay. Easy to implement, alas Ticketmaster and promoters aren't bothered.

Tbh, touts are pretty scummy people and ruin things for a lot of people, so even though I'm not that bothered making eBay accounts to troll them, I wouldn't care if others do.

Kind of hilarious that people generally dislike touts (as in, the dodgy man outside venues selling/buying tickets) but its perfectly acceptable when its a regular guy who thinks hes just being clever and buying an extra ticket or two to sell on eBay for double the price to make a quick buck.

Take it up with me on PMs if your really that bothered, not quite sure what screenshotting my comments will do, but if that makes you sleep easier, so be it.

--

To echo what the others have said, don't panic and buy tickets now. Once the initial panic craze is over, tickets will be easier to come by. Between additional tickets being put on sale and production seats and people just selling spares for various reasons, there will be lots of tickets at cost (and below) on sale nearer the gigs :)

you to suggested troll people tho , regardless of the rules of what ever site , trolling isnt acceptable and as a mod i thought you should have known better to be suggesting sh*t like that to be honest and a screen shot will help because mods contradict themselves and each other plenty of times, it has happened on both here and adverts to me :)

a tout is a tout , i dont care if there in a tracksuit or in more formal clothing, weather their from a rough part of dublin with a thick dublin accent or from the south side with a posh accent , they are all the same, profiteering and attempting to profit off others :mad: they are absolute dirtbags!!!!!!! and i know one from my uncles pub , he's on the doles etc, and then making this sort of money , and people are the fools gibving them the money , but i suppose if they really want the ticktets they have no other choice :mad: but if they really wanted the tickets they should have done everyhting thy posibly could to get them , weather its quing in line or online , or both , que and then ue online on their phone :mad: gahhhhh its a never ending circle , those dirtbags are after creating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

A V A wrote: »
    you to suggested troll people tho , regardless of the rules of what ever site , trolling isnt acceptable and as a mod i thought you should have known better

I was about to say much the same thing.

You're a moderator of boards.ie suggesting that boards members go over to eBay and break eBay's rules, and then explaining it away like you're some sort of vigilante thinking your own standards are more important than their rules (you'd be banned from adverts and this forum in a second for doing this), costing eBay time and money in the process (admin sorting out the mess, unpaid fee's, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

What was the final cost per ticket after all the fees and stuff. I heard 72 but was there an additional credit card fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just an afterthought, extra tickets for all 3 gigs WILL go on sale, approximately a month before the gigs.

This happens at all big gigs, they sell the standard seats, then when the promotors get the stage specs from the bands management they will release more, they're called 'production seats' in the trade.

Happened to us when Metallica played Wembley stadium, great seats, soooo close to the stage too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just an afterthought, extra tickets for all 3 gigs WILL go on sale, approximately a month before the gigs.

This happens at all big gigs, they sell the standard seats, then when the promotors get the stage specs from the bands management they will release more, they're called 'production seats' in the trade.

Happened to us when Metallica played Wembley stadium, great seats, soooo close to the stage too

This would be great.... even better if we knew in advance so could be ready lol

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Irish rail are looking for people to register their interest for extra train services after the Garth Brooks concert.

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp?i=4985&p=116&n=237

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The same thing would happen on eBay :confused:

The difference with Adverts is, that the transactions are getting removed and the users banned - which is what *should* happen on eBay. Easy to implement, alas Ticketmaster and promoters aren't bothered.

Tbh, touts are pretty scummy people and ruin things for a lot of people, so even though I'm not that bothered making eBay accounts to troll them, I wouldn't care if others do.

Kind of hilarious that people generally dislike touts (as in, the dodgy man outside venues selling/buying tickets) but its perfectly acceptable when its a regular guy who thinks hes just being clever and buying an extra ticket or two to sell on eBay for double the price to make a quick buck.

Take it up with me on PMs if your really that bothered, not quite sure what screenshotting my comments will do, but if that makes you sleep easier, so be it.

--

To echo what the others have said, don't panic and buy tickets now. Once the initial panic craze is over, tickets will be easier to come by. Between additional tickets being put on sale and production seats and people just selling spares for various reasons, there will be lots of tickets at cost (and below) on sale nearer the gigs :)

Interesting to see what you consider "cheating" and acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Toast wrote: »
    What was the final cost per ticket after all the fees and stuff. I heard 72 but was there an additional credit card fee?

71.55 per ticket...

65.45 plus 6.10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

JJ wrote: »
    The answer is yes, yes and a thousand times yes. This happened with the Bruce gigs last year (same promoter) and I'll eat Garth's big ten gallon hat if the same doesn't happen this year. You just have to keep checking the TM site and you might get lucky.

Even if extra tickets don't go on sale on TM (which is highly unlikely), there's always spare tickets flying around closer to the event. You just have to check Adverts.ie and Toutless.com (if you want tickets of the face value variety).

Don't forget his boots for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

I have been watching this tread since yesterday morning. I was online getting tickets for my sister in law managed to get 2 having never ever used ticketmaster before. I'm not a fan myself but said I would try for her.

Right, people will probably get very annoyed with me for saying this but I blame the people who are looking for tickets for the high prices from the touts.
    I'm not a fan of touts but they are there because of desperate people looking for tickets. Touts put high prices on these tickets cos they know desperate people will stupidly pay for them. So don't blame the touts blame those who buy off them.

Also Buying tickets from ticketmaster is like the lottery some win some lose. Are ye goin to march into the newsagents complaing that ye did not win.

Ok rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

jimini0 wrote: »
    I have been watching this tread since yesterday morning. I was online getting tickets for my sister in law managed to get 2 having never ever used ticketmaster before. I'm not a fan myself but said I would try for her.

Right, people will probably get very annoyed with me for saying this but I blame the people who are looking for tickets for the high prices from the touts.
    I'm not a fan of touts but they are there because of desperate people looking for tickets. Touts put high prices on these tickets cos they know desperate people will stupidly pay for them. So don't blame the touts blame those who buy off them.

Also Buying tickets from ticketmaster is like the lottery some win some lose. Are ye goin to march into the newsagents complaing that ye did not win.

Ok rant over.

Thats not fair blaming people for buying them. Alot of people didn't get a chance to get tickets, alot of people are desperate and they will pay. They are genuine fans and may only want one or two, while the people buying all they can get are fleecing them. How fair is that on the fans who waited almost 20 years to see Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Although it'll never change and you can't stop certain people from buying tickets, it is a real shame that there are people out there buying up loads of tickets purely to sell them, when a real fan struggles to even get one or two.

I feel your disappointment everyone.
    I hope there are more dates and tickets added soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

You do realise that selling tickets is also, technically, against the "rules"?

You do not cost eBay a cent.

As i said, take up it on PM's if you're bothered, this isn't the place to bicker on thread! I think you two are taking it a bit seriously though :)

Back on topic pleaseeeee

These two seem to be online at the same times and comment same time together. Looks like 'these two' are actually 'one' lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Thats not fair blaming people for buying them. Alot of people didn't get a chance to get tickets, alot of people are desperate and they will pay. They are genuine fans and may only want one or two, while the people buying all they can get are fleecing them. How fair is that on the fans who waited almost 20 years to see Garth Brooks.

But it is the people buying them that make a market for touts. If nobody bought the tickets off the touts the insane prices wouldn't be there. Entirely the buyers fault for the crazy prices. Not the people selling the tickets. Tout or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

lucky333 wrote: »
    These two seem to be online at the same times and comment same time together. Looks like 'these two' are actually 'one' lol ;)

Second wacky post about me from you.. are you alright?

Anywho, unless it's about Garth, I'll keep out of thread for now

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

Rumours texting in to will leahy on 2fm this evening that Aikens have booked kilkenny hotels for the week after croke park

jimini0 wrote: »

Ok rant over.

thanks for that laugh :) touts specifically buying 6 at a time getting friends or famliy to pick them up aswel?? they are greedy wrotten pr*cks end off , your point is irrelevant , and im suspicous of you "backing" them up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dobman88 wrote: »
    But it is the people buying them that make a market for touts. If nobody bought the tickets off the touts the insane prices wouldn't be there. Entirely the buyers fault for the crazy prices. Not the people selling the tickets. Tout or not
    But some people will think paying €300 to see Garth is value for money. So ya can't really blame them either.

They should probably just have had cost price of the tickets at €120. That would have got rid of the casual fans just going for the day out and meant only the real fans went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Rumours texting in to will leahy on 2fm this evening that Aikens have booked kilkenny hotels for the week after croke park

Off to book a b&b in killarney then. Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BananaFiend

I purchased some tickets off Ticketmaster for my brother but it turns out his missus surprised him with tickets. I wish I had selected the option for the tickets to be posted out to me but instead I went with the option for tickets to be emailed to me instead.

So now I'm printing out and selling on two tickets that that have my name on it to a stranger most liely. Will they be able to gain entry... even though they're not me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lads those Garth Brooks tshirts that people are trying to flog are horrendous. I'm guessin they're the same lads who sell "hats, flags and headbands" at the dubs games. Avoid at all cost. $31 for a fake tshirt? You'll get much better quality official ones at the stadium

http://teespring.com/garthbrooksireland2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Fortyjocks wrote: »

Oh my god. Its going to be Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭argentum

I purchased some tickets off Ticketmaster for my brother but it turns out his missus surprised him with tickets. I wish I had selected the option for the tickets to be posted out to me but instead I went with the option for tickets to be emailed to me instead.

So now I'm printing out and selling on two tickets that that have my name on it to a stranger most liely. Will they be able to gain entry... even though they're not me?

As long as you print and sell only two they will gain entry .Its when people sell multiple copies of the one electronic tickets that all the hassle starts.The ticket scanner only allows the first ticket to scan into the gig and all the rest get stopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

How do we get tickets for Kilkenny. I don't want to miss out. My sister is book a hotel for the Aug bank holiday weekend right now for Kilkenny. I need to get tickets. I don't want to miss out on this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BananaFiend

argentum wrote: »
    As long as you print and sell only two they will gain entry .Its when people sell multiple copies of the one electronic tickets that all the hassle starts.The ticket scanner only allows the first ticket to scan into the gig and all the rest get stopped

100% sure?

Thank you! I would never print off multiple copies anyway. I just want to ensure that whoever I sell them to won't be disappointed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

How do we get tickets for Kilkenny. I don't want to miss out. My sister is book a hotel for the Aug bank holiday weekend right now for Kilkenny. I need to get tickets. I don't want to miss out on this again.

There has been nothing announced for Kilkenny and if something is announced you will be able to purchase tickets through the same source as the folks on Thursday... Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Oh my god. Its going to be Brooks.

Rumours ACDC have enquired about my house size too..
    Unfortunately are just rumour and will be hundreds floating around for next few weeks..
    Surely they'd have hotels and stiff sorted well before now when people would actually be looking..
    these gigs are normally booked the year before..

• Advertisement

anytime i have bought print out tickets i have asked for a copy for of a copy of an id with the name that is on the tickets :) and now im going to do that with hard copies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement