Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

touts ALWAYS have 086 numbers !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

ellenruddy wrote: »
    :D seatwave is a genuine website. People go on to sell tickets and we, who now all hate ticketmasters online system, go online to buy them.
    I have bought tickets from them loads of times before and when my daughter couldn't get tickets online from ticketmaster i went and bought them for her from seatwave... they had made a mistake before with my tickets but when i pointed it out to them they give me the best tickets they had on line and they covered the extra cost, so my answer is YES seatwave are 100% genuine

Aren't you so nice to set up an account just to tell us how legit a site is. Well done you, if only more were like you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

@HardLuckWoman, I have a question. If you saw someone advertising a "swap" for pitch tickets, but they wanted some cash on top of the ticket swap, would you pay it to get pitch tickets and give them your seated ticket? The reason I aim the question specifically at you is that you seem to be a die hard fan but you said you cried at the "bad" tickets you got. So would you be willing to pay a fee on top of a swap?

I got a message on facebook offering me 2 grand for my 2 pitch tickets. Its crazy the prices people are willing to pay. Obviously I refused their offer. The only thing that will part me from these tickets is death itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

no ones offered me tickets to buy. pffft :p

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Pingi wrote: »
    Left 2 spares go at face value to a big fan....

Ye proud? Really considered Ebay, but my conscious got the best of me.

I left them go people, they are gone, they were gone when I posted,stop PMing me.

Good luck with your search.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

dobman88 wrote: »
    @HardLuckWoman, I have a question. If you saw someone advertising a "swap" for pitch tickets, but they wanted some cash on top of the ticket swap, would you pay it to get pitch tickets and give them your seated ticket? The reason I aim the question specifically at you is that you seem to be a die hard fan but you said you cried at the "bad" tickets you got. So would you be willing to pay a fee on top of a swap?

I got a message on facebook offering me 2 grand for my 2 pitch tickets. Its crazy the prices people are willing to pay. Obviously I refused their offer. The only thing that will part me from these tickets is death itself.

Hell yeah.

I'd do anything. Got my sister a ticket but she may not be able to come. I'd gladly swop two seated for one standing. But I dont think that would be enough.

anyone in here actually grateful they have a ticket? because personally i maybe high in the cusack stand, but i'll suffer on.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

titchy wrote: »
    Yes. Just have your booking reference number and the credit you booked with and they'll post the hard copy of the tickets out to you :)

Just a heads up, I called Ticketmaster just now, and if you have viewed your ticket online (opened the ticket link on your order) then they can't swap it for an actual ticket :(

I was just ordering as fast as I could, in a panic against the clock, and the print out version was the first one I saw and opted for that.

I'd have like to have kept my proper ticket stub as a souvenir :o

well you could photocopy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Irish rail are looking for people to register their interest for extra train services after the Garth Brooks concert.

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp?i=4985&p=116&n=237

It's gonna be a steam locomotive
    .locals along the route will be dressed up as Indians firing arrows at the train.
    A genuine authentic saloon In carriage number six n a spitoon on the floor
    Yeehaaawww

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    well you could photocopy it

A photocopy of a print out isn't the same as an actual ticket though :o

I like to keep them from big concerts and events

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    anyone in here actually grateful they have a ticket? because personally i maybe high in the cusack stand, but i'll suffer on.:P

Im in the davin stand probably be sitting beside hardluckwoman but im delighted to have even gotten a ticket. Im sure the other few hundred of us will feel the same on the night.

Cherrycoke wrote: »

i know, but they way i see it, it's better than nothing :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

dobman88 wrote: »

2k for 2 tickets? they're on various sites for 150 each :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Anybody bringing the kids to the concert? We're bringing our 7 year old daughter. She knows most if the words to most of the songs.

She was so chuffed when I told her we got tickets.

I'm starting to think its going to be a bit wild up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Cherrycoke wrote: »

Youll get to keep the print out.. if thats any good to you?..
    Noone takes the ticket off you, at any stage, you scan the barcode yourself at the turnstile, walk in, sheet back in your pocket

Anybody bringing the kids to the concert? We're bringing our 7 year old daughter. She knows most if the words to most of the songs.

Wild... garth brooks concert?..
    She'll be perfectly safe..
    And if you think this will be wild.. take her to a proper rock gig..
    Youve absutely nothing to worry about..

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

I don't blame you for worrying. if you have seated with a child, it's the crowds on the way in and out that I'd be most worried about, totally understand how you feel. Just take extra caution and don't let go of her hand! Hopefully all will go well for you and your child, it will be great for her to look back on and say she was there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

lucky333 wrote: »
    I don't blame you for worrying. if you have seated with a child, it's the crowds on the way in and out that I'd be most worried about, totally understand how you feel. Just take extra caution and don't let go of her hand! Hopefully all will go well for you and your child, it will be great for her to look back on and say she was there :)

Thanks for that. Yeah, we have seated tickets in the Hogan stand. I think I'm just worried about all the people at the seats in front of us will be standing up and dancing, and then we wouldn't be able to see.

I know we could stand up too, but I'm just concerned if even during the concert people will be up and moving around.

Reading posts on here, most people would prefer to be on the pitch standing, so will people in the stands be standing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Thanks for that. Yeah, we have seated tickets in the Hogan stand. I think I'm just worried about all the people at the seats in front of us will be standing up and dancing, and then we wouldn't be able to see.

I know we could stand up too, but I'm just concerned if even during the concert people will be up and moving around.

Reading posts on here, most people would prefer to be on the pitch standing, so will people in the stands be standing too?

I only ever got standing at concerts so I'm not sure about the seating. Maybe someone else here can help with that one. I'd imagine with the big screens and the loud music and atmosphere she will be blown away by it all anyway, a great experience for a young girl, one she will never forget.

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Youll get to keep the print out.. if thats any good to you?..
    Noone takes the ticket off you, at any stage, you scan the barcode yourself at the turnstile, walk in, sheet back in your pocket

A A4 sheet of white paper to me isn't worth keeping like an actual ticket, but I just said I'd chance calling to see if they'd swap it for me.

Not a big deal anyway, I'm delighted just to be going :)

I always get seated tickets, buy never actually sit :o You'd be much too excited to sit! I mainly get seated so that I have somewhere to put my bag and drink, and so I don't get separated from whoever I'm with.

I'm sure you'll be grand, even if someone was willing to swap with you to have an aisle seat for your little one. She'll have the best time. Fair play to you for bringing her ;) I was brought to Michael Jackson at around the same age, and I never forgot it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-arrested-following-discovery-of-fake-one-direction-and-beyonce-irish-concert-tickets-29967917.html

A man in galway has been charged in relation to counterfeit tickets. Not Garth Brooks but tickets nonetheless. They were for one direction and beyonce. Just putting it out here to be careful if you're going this route.

My sister bidded on ebay yesterday for two tickets and won. It was from someone who has an account for a very long time with very good feedback. Tickets were paid for in cash from the photo that was uploaded. The seller also offered a lot of personal information freely so it looks genuine. Due to be sent by registered post.

I'm fúcking brinking it now in case they are fake.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-arrested-following-discovery-of-fake-one-direction-and-beyonce-irish-concert-tickets-29967917.html

A man in galway has been charged in relation to counterfeit tickets. Not Garth Brooks but tickets nonetheless. They were for one direction and beyonce. Just putting it out here to be careful if you're going this route.

My sister bidded on ebay yesterday for two tickets and won. It was from someone who has an account for a very long time with very good feedback. Tickets were paid for in cash from the photo that was uploaded. The seller also offered a lot of personal information freely so it looks genuine. Due to be sent by registered post.

I'm fúcking brinking it now in case they are fake.

Sounds prretty geuine, like a lot on ebay will be perfectly fine

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sounds prretty geuine, like a lot on ebay will be perfectly fine

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

There are a good few tickets on Donedeal that seem to be a face value. Crazy prices currently being bid on ebay.

Are people really that stupid to buy at those prices or do they have so much money that it doesn't matter to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

There's fakes being sold for Garth Brooks. Picture on gumtree and the price on the ticket was all wrong, something like 56.94. Reported the add and hope they take it down.

dixiefly wrote: »
    There are a good few tickets on Donedeal that seem to be a face value. Crazy prices currently being bid on ebay.

Are people really that stupid to buy at those prices or do they have so much money that it doesn't matter to them?

A lot on donedeal are actually asking for more than they say though. I know somebody looking and they rang a few people who say they wanted 75 but are really looking for 400.

There's fakes being sold for Garth Brooks. Picture on gumtree and the price on the ticket was all wrong, something like 56.94. Reported the add and hope they take it down.

Greedy maggots. Great job reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

viv2 wrote: »
    A lot on donedeal are actually asking for more than they say though. I know somebody looking and they rang a few people who say they wanted 75 but are really looking for 400.

Apparently Donedeal for once (and most likely because of the negative focus on touting at the moment) is taking down ads openly looking for over face value which is why the above is happening. Has your friend tried reporting any of these people? I'd be interested in how fast they are reacting to the less visible touting. Basically wondering if they actually care or is it just a temporary measure for show.

• Advertisement

Toast wrote: »
    Apparently Donedeal for once (and most likely because of the negative focus on touting at the moment) is taking down ads openly looking for over face value which is why the above is happening. Has your friend tried reporting any of these people? I'd be interested in how fast they are reacting to the less visible touting. Basically wondering if they actually care or is it just a temporary measure for show.

afaik they have reported the ones they called. Not sure if they are still up or not though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement