Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sounds prretty geuine, like a lot on ebay will be perfectly fine

Would all tickets have a reference number on them. My sister is having a look at more but not buying and some tickets do and some don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

I feel very lucky to have tickets. And even luckier to be going to the 3 concerts as was always my plan. I had arrangements with a friend that we would stick together on ticket searching. He was luckier than me, and got two nights. I have hogan for one night. My point is, I haven't seen the tickets and I don't care if they were on the roof, I'm just delighted to be going to see the man, of whom I have 18 CDs, 4 Dvds, and 2 Vegas ticket stubs.

With regard to people who question the interest in GB, remember he is the Biggest Selling American Solo Artist, of the 20th Century with 128mill albums.... We can't all be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

he is the Biggest Selling American Solo Artist, of the 20th Century with 128mill albums.... We can't all be wrong...

Second biggest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Second biggest

No 1?

Elvis, 134.5 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone know of any Hotels to stay in on route back to Galway for the Sat night of Gareth Brooks

Dont want to pay 300+ for a room in Dublin :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I had a look on trivago.ie.

Plenty of rooms in Maynooth for less than €100 for the Saturday night.

Maynooth is about 20 minute drive from the city centre. Probably a bit longer with all the concert traffic.

Maynooth is probably the first decent size town outside Dublin on the Galway road.

I had a look on trivago.ie.

Plenty of rooms in Maynooth for less than €100 for the Saturday night.

Maynooth is about 20 minute drive from the city centre. Probably a bit longer with all the concert traffic.

Maynooth is probably the first decent size town outside Dublin on the Galway road.

Or 20 minutes on the train to drumcondra, then a 10 min walk to the stadium. Depending on train times it'd probably be quicker than coming from some parts of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I chose the option to get my tickets delivered. The website said I should have the tickets 48 hours before the event, but how soon do they normally take to be sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I chose the option to get my tickets delivered. The website said I should have the tickets 48 hours before the event, but how soon do they normally take to be sent out?

2 weeks after buying them, 2 months after buying them, ya never can tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Last time I got them sent out, I got them 3 days before the gig. Was freaking out at the time. I usually select Collect at box office option but I didn't see an option for that when booking these tickets. Admittedly I didn't look very hard, I just wanted to book the tickets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i dont know weather this has been posted or not but i just saw this

1781902_743270495696951_1800713495_n.jpg

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

A V A wrote: »
    i dont know weather this has been posted or not but i just saw this

1781902_743270495696951_1800713495_n.jpg

hahahaha

it was posted on the day the tickets sold out :p:p not sure if its 68euro for the two or each. but not bad, but at the same time poor guy :(

btw, i'm not sure how much i can trust the word of the sunday world paper this morning, but there saying there's gonna be a fourth gig. :)

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    it was posted on the day the tickets sold out :p:p not sure if its 68euro for the two or each. but not bad, but at the same time poor guy :(

btw, i'm not sure how much i can trust the word of the sunday world paper this morning, but there saying there's gonna be a fourth gig. :)

Morning,

If there is a fourth gig it definately won't be in croker. They've already pushed the limit there.

Last week the independant report that maybe Belfast. The artictle was unclear because there was a lot of maybe, perhaps, etc.

If there is a fourth gig, I reckon it will be announced this coming week, perhaps tomorrow.
    'Due to phenomanal demand'

My guess is going to be Kilkenny. It's rumoured that there's an act booked for two nights in kilkenny, for this summer. From googling, kilkenny stadium holds 40,000 mutliplied by 2 nights is 80,000. Summer isn't far away. Only another 5-6 months for Brooks.

Looking up ticketmaster, miley cyrus is playing the o2 in may and she's not able to sell out one night. There's also other acts not selling.

There's not many artists that will be able to sell out 80,000. And in such a short timeframe.

Also apparently from will leahy twitter aikan promotions booked out hotels in kilkenny for the week after croker.

Morning,

If there is a fourth gig it definately won't be in croker. They've already pushed the limit there.

Last week the independant report that maybe Belfast. The artictle was unclear because there was a lot of maybe, perhaps, etc.

If there is a fourth gig, I reckon it will be announced this coming week, perhaps tomorrow.
    'Due to phenomanal demand'

My guess is going to be Kilkenny. It's rumoured that there's an act booked for two nights in kilkenny, for this summer. From googling, kilkenny stadium holds 40,000 mutliplied by 2 nights is 80,000. Summer isn't far away. Only another 5-6 months for Brooks.

Looking up ticketmaster, miley cyrus is playing the o2 in may and she's not able to sell out one night. There's also other acts not selling.

There's not many artists that will be able to sell out 80,000. And in such a short timeframe.

Also apparently from will leahy twitter aikan promotions booked out hotels in kilkenny for the week after croker.

ha!!!! miley cyrus unable to sell out the O2.

Killkenny sounds good to me. pity don't know when it's gonna be. although i'm guessing the week before or the week after. might have a look at hotels. it's crazy to think that he's sold out 80,000 capacity stadium 3 times :D:D and could go on to sell out another 40,000 capacity stadium.

i have my doubts Cork city will not be getting a Garth brooks concert, because i know there was uproar over the Bruce Springsteen concert :(

Apologies for the repost

interesting enough that there are 2 hotels in Killkenny for the weekend before sold out.

i think its a bit creepy and a bit much people going and checking hotels and looking to much into it , then it doesnt be true they go and moan about it :rolleyes::D

A V A wrote: »
    i think its a bit creepy and a bit much people going and checking hotels and looking to much into it , then it doesnt be true they go and moan about it :rolleyes::D

i can't help it. i know i have a ticket, but i would a the drop of a hat go to all of the gigs no problem :cool: although at the moment, i'm thinking of my two friends who are ticketless :( awkward meeting up with them last night. did not want to bring up the topic, but my mum did. ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

interesting enough that there are 2 hotels in Killkenny for the weekend before sold out.

It's hen and stag season so they'd account for a lot of bookings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Kilkenny also has a few festivals every year that sees all the hotels book out.
    Check out the GAA fixtures to see when Nowlan Park is booked for matches..if there are fixtures there won't be a gig that weekend.

If it's true that there's a fourth gig, I reckon it will be announced tomorrow morning with tickets going on sale this coming Thursday or Friday morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

If it's true that there's a fourth gig, I reckon it will be announced tomorrow morning with tickets going on sale this coming Thursday or Friday morning.

I think your right they will want to announce it when the hype is still about. Personally don't think it will be in croke park but did see a croke park resident on twitter saying a 4th date is going to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

There will not be a 4th concert. 100% no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

secman wrote: »

It's a pity they let them 1D crowd in to croke park could of had garth in for 6 nights instead lol. Happy I decided to camp out couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I didn't get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cristeoir

secman wrote: »

Why are you so sure, personally I hope there is and that it is announced soon , would love to see all those scumbags touting tickets for 2-300 euro being left with them.

cristeoir wrote: »
    Why are you so sure, personally I hope there is and that it is announced soon , would love to see all those scumbags touting tickets for 2-300 euro being left with them.

hehehe seriously would be over the moon if that happened. :D

Just read the sunday world piece. I doubt very much that there will be a 4th night in croker. And if there is, it will be on the Thursday, July the 24th. :( I won't be able to get Thursday off for work. Or even the Friday. :(

Just read the sunday world piece. I doubt very much that there will be a 4th night in croker. And if there is, it will be on the Thursday, July the 24th. :( I won't be able to get Thursday off for work. Or even the Friday. :(

that's the story my mum read this morning. I'm wishing he would come down to cork, but I doubt it's gonna happen

• Advertisement

that's the story my mum read this morning. I'm wishing he would come down to cork, but I doubt it's gonna happen

A gig down in Cork would be lovely but doubtful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement