Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

There will not be a 4th gig in Croker. Croke park have a deal with local residents, no more than 3 gigs in 14 days. Thats why 1D only got 3 nights too. And he will not do another concert in Ireland in 2014. He will be back with the world tour in 2015 or 2016. These 3 concerts are only a "comeback special"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

My sister will be waiting for mail in the post of two tickets from someone of ebay.

I'm getting so giddy and excited that I will be going to Garth Brooks. I'm listening to some of his music tonight. I'm loving
    In lonesome dove
    Pushing up daisies
    That girl is a cowboy

And much more too.

My sister says to calm down. That there's no way of knowing whether it's real or fake until it's scanned at the door. Is this true? The seller looks legitimate and gave personal details and place of work too. Tickets are hard copies paid for in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

Amazes me with all these Country music fans, is why the CountrytoCountry gigs in O2 in March is not sold out.

Brad Paisley has every bit as good a show as Garth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Now that the ticket mania has passed.... What's everyone most excited about hearing/seeing on the night... How do we reckon GB will arrive.. Will he kick off with "The old stuff" Will we have the GB helis flying overhead!! So many questions, So much excitement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyebear07

Just about recovered from camping out, got wind burn on my face lol looked like I was seriously sun burnt there for a few days! All worth it! Buzzing for July now!!! On another note does anyone know why the names and numbers of the first twenty in the queues were taken? Rumours that they was some type of raffle/draw but no one knows for certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could Garth sell out 3 more gigs in Cork, Limerick and Kilkenny?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Could Garth sell out 3 more gigs in Cork, Limerick and Kilkenny?

Yes, yes, and yes.

I can offer you some ketchup to eat with his hat for when he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Amazes me with all these Country music fans, is why the CountrytoCountry gigs in O2 in March is not sold out.

Brad Paisley has every bit as good a show as Garth.

The lineup on the second night with Chris Young and Brad Paisley will be an excellent gig (I love Chris Young, his voice is amazing). The Friday night looks pretty good too with the Dixie Chicks.

From after hours
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056994562&page=32#473

Hardluckwoman posted something hilarious

Now that the ticket mania has passed.... What's everyone most excited about hearing/seeing on the night... How do we reckon GB will arrive.. Will he kick off with "The old stuff" Will we have the GB helis flying overhead!! So many questions, So much excitement!!

Here's hoping my ebay tickets will be good. I'm also going to continue checking ticketmaster regularly in the hope that more tickets are released. Here's hoping that I'll be there in July. There's a novena in Galway starting from the 10th febraury. I'm going to head in and pray for the best.

I would to see the rock version of the dance. It's a powerful song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭burgermasters

I would really really love to know why they took the name and number from the first 20 in the queue? Little bit strange is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I would really really love to know why they took the name and number from the first 20 in the queue? Little bit strange is it not?

probably get signed stuff off garth or they get to meet garth. *cries* if that's the case, i'm gonna kick myself

at least that's what i hope, because any alternative then it just sounds weird and creepy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Security told me it was to do with marketing by ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

2FM just posted on Facebook they have a Garth Brooks announcement at 8:45. They said it would be good news for those who missed out on tickets.

My sister woke me up to tell me this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Aiken just posted on fb that they'll have "Good News" this morning. Might be of interest to you Garth fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

28th. New date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Extra date 28th . On sale thurs 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Extra date added, tix go on sale on Thursday :D

An extra date added. For the 28th of July. Go on sale this Thursday at 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

f u one direction :D

Delighted for all the touts !! Anyone who wants tickets should now have no problem getting them.

Delighted for all the touts !! Anyone who wants tickets should now have no problem getting them.

I'll pray hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

yahoo :D:D:D:D

take that one direction.

Not looking forward to round number two of the ticket buying headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Here's hoping I get standing.

Half the country will be at the Galway Races on the 28th. Should be easy to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

So much for all the people saying 100% there would be no extra date like they knew it as a matter of fact.

Really hope I can secure tickets for the Monday and that there isn't a load of touts on trying to get their hands on more tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Not looking forward to round number two of the ticket buying headache.

i doubt it will be as hard unless touts get really adventurous

320'000 tickets should be more than enough for touts to not try

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

There could hopefully be another date in reserve, because I think the demand will be there, and Monday may sell out relatively quickly, although it won't be anything like the last onsale thankfully. I don't think you'll see lines of people sleeping out for days this time, but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

I'd say there's potential for a 5th date also if this sells out. Didn't brooks himself say they'd "find a way to do 5" if demand was there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement