Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Got four nights in a hotel this july for about €600. Thurs, fri, sat and sun. For 2 people.

Checked out the monday. Its €300 !!! For the one night. And not even a cornflake thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just saw the TV3 interview. HE basically said the Momday is his daughter's 18th birthday and wanted to be home with her. He cleared it with her over the weekend and she's coming over to Ireland with him instead. Clears his schedule for a Mon and Tue concert if needed.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I thought Croker could only have 3 dates a year, what changed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Don't believe everything you read on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Heard a rumour that it was 3 in a week, but don't hold me to that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

the GAA :) money talks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭secman

Well, that was certainly plucked out of the weekend, was not on the cards on Friday ! Looks like his daughter is happy enough to have her 18th in Dublin at Croke Park on the Monday ! Unfortunately it will still be a scramble and pot luck in securing one of these tickets. The demand at "sell out"time last Thur was circa 130,000 still online @ an average of 2.5 ticket means they could have sold 325,000 more tickets, equating to 4 more concerts. Best of luck to all the genuine fans once again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/184/75656/1/Ireland-AM

Link for the phone interview on TV3 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cristeoir

secman wrote: »
    Well, that was certainly plucked out of the weekend, was not on the cards on Friday ! Looks like his daughter is happy enough to have her 18th in Dublin at Croke Park on the Monday ! Unfortunately it will still be a scramble and pot luck in securing one of these tickets. The demand at "sell out"time last Thur was circa 130,000 still online @ an average of 2.5 ticket means they could have sold 325,000 more tickets, equating to 4 more concerts. Best of luck to all the genuine fans once again.

Maybe so but you are not taking in to account all those who bought tickets to sell on for a profit and I doubt if they will bother this time - law of supply and demand and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

he's being interviewed on red fm now. although the dj just put him on hold and he's playing justin timberlake music :rolleyes::rolleyes: give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

With the chance of their being a 5th show I think the touts will stay clear of buying them this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

With the chance of their being a 5th show I think the touts will stay clear of buying them this time.

Don't underestimate the greed that some people have.

if it keeps the touts away, then i'm all for it. i have friends who missed out, we are now planning on queuing up thursday morning.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    he's being interviewed on red fm now. although the dj just put him on hold and he's playing justin timberlake music :rolleyes::rolleyes: give me strength

How did this radio interview go? I didn't hear it.

How did this radio interview go? I didn't hear it.

the red fm was fantastic actually :D pure gentleman. 96fm one he mentioned that he has connections with Cork through his mother. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is there anyway of paying more to pre-book them?

if it keeps the touts away, then i'm all for it. i have friends who missed out, we are now planning on queuing up thursday morning.

Thursday morning is reasonable and sane. With the madness that went on here last week, I wish there was some sort of rule - no queuing before a certain time. I wish you luck sunbabe.

the red fm was fantastic actually :D pure gentleman. 96fm one he mentioned that he has connections with Cork through his mother. :cool:

He was baffled on the tv3 interview as to how many missed out on tickets.

I'm off to puke my breakfast up. With nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I just clicked on the 'Garth Brooks' trending thing (in Ireland) on Twitter...and saw this...

Carol Hunt ‏@carolmhunt 20m

So, there are to be FOUR Garth Brooks concerts at Croker? I may have to move house! #neighbour #notafan

Someone questioned this, and Carol Hunt says the 4th gig hasn't been announced yet...'but will be'....

Apparently she's a journalist.....

TOLD YOU SO!!!

If I go (sorry to be uttering such sacrilege on this thread, by saying 'if'), I'll be going on my own, and I reckon a single ticket is a lot easier to come by - either by asking a nice husband to try on Ticketmaster.ie on Thursday, or by buying one from E-bay - there must be quite a few people who bought 6, but don't need all of them....

I'd want a seat. Lower tier. I'm old and need a bit of comfort!

He was baffled on the tv3 interview as to how many missed out on tickets.

Yeah, got that from his interview with 96 fm. He's genuinely shocked by the fact that 3 concerts sold out.

TOLD YOU SO!!!

If I go (sorry to be uttering such sacrilege on this thread, by saying 'if'), I'll be going on my own, and I reckon a single ticket is a lot easier to come by - either by asking a nice husband to try on Ticketmaster.ie on Thursday, or by buying one from E-bay - there must be quite a few people who bought 6, but don't need all of them....

I'd want a seat. Lower tier. I'm old and need a bit of comfort!
    Yes single ticket purchase is better, because I got 1 very "easily" only waited 25 mins, while my friend who went for 6, got none & were waiting a hour & a half & got nothing

What will his opening song be? :D

lucky333 wrote: »
    What will his opening song be? :D

Ireland

or

Tearing it up and Burning it down

He said earlier that we were like ducks to water with that song :-P

Something fast I'd imagine.. Ain't going down till the sun comes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

max life wrote: »
    I feel sorry for all those people who have shelled out huge amounts, well above face value, for tickets from people who had no interest in going and now an extra concert has been announced! Hands Up - Anybody here do that???

Not to be callous but they are part of the problem. As much as the touts got caught out by this announcement the people who supported them did as well.

There was plenty of post telling people to hold their horses and wait... either for more tickets to be officially released (be they production or another date) or just wait until close to the time when genuine fans who can't go sell on their tickets for face value. Throwing your money at the first person you see touting tickets doesn't even make good financial sense even if you intend to pay more.

• Advertisement

But there's a lot of folks, who obviously just got caught up in the hype. :-(:-( they like me didn't want to think they had no tickets for a concert they have been waiting 17 years for. I know personally I would have been gutted if I didn't get my ticket for sunday, I would have been bawling into my mums arms. But thankfully I'm going. But I can understand people panicking.

What pissed me off was ppl taking advantage of that & selling tickets at an outrages amount

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement