Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

I was one of the people who said that a 4th date wouldn't happen and Croke Park aren't allowed more than 3 gigs in 14 days but obviously they have done some good negotiations with the nice residents of the area and in true GAA style. Money talks. I am delighted he put on a fourth date and I hope all of you who didn't get tix get them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I purchased some tickets off Ticketmaster for my brother but it turns out his missus surprised him with tickets. I wish I had selected the option for the tickets to be posted out to me but instead I went with the option for tickets to be emailed to me instead.

So now I'm printing out and selling on two tickets that that have my name on it to a stranger most liely. Will they be able to gain entry... even though they're not me?
    titchy wrote: »
    If you ring ticketmaster and ask they'll change the order and post them out

I had originally selected the postal option for tickets but in the rush to buy I didn't realise the option had changed to eticket. I contacted Ticketmaster and asked could they change the order and post them to me and they said ''no''

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

lucky333 wrote: »
    What will his opening song be? :D
    Callin Baton Rouge I reckon.

Out of interest, how many people that already have tickets are going to try to get tickets for the Monday show too? I'm just wondering if this will actually be another 80,000 people who get to see Garth or if half or so will be people going to see him again.

I only have Sat tickets, but heard a few stories over the weekend of people going multiple nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Shedite27 wrote: »

Out of interest, how many people that already have tickets are going to try to get tickets for the Monday show too? I'm just wondering if this will actually be another 80,000 people who get to see Garth or if half or so will be people going to see him again.

I only have Sat tickets, but heard a few stories over the weekend of people going multiple nights

That's another area that ticketmaster could have done to help.

I thought the ticket limit would have been for over the orginale two nights. I was wrong. It was 6 per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Interviewed on Limericks Live 95fm as well and said he wants them to concentrate on Limerick and make sure the people who queued for days and didn't get a ticket get sorted. He said ticket master have insured him that they will send representatives down to make sure people are looked after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Shedite27 wrote: »

If I can go for the whole four shows, I would.

Five, six, whatever he plays i'll go.

I love his music, have all 18 cds, dvds. Of all his songs, there's one I dont like, Dixie Chicken, I think its on The Chase album. But the rest, I love them all. Im a massive fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Jofspring wrote: »
    Interviewed on Limericks Live 95fm as well and said he wants them to concentrate on Limerick and make sure the people who queued for days and didn't get a ticket get sorted. He said ticket master have insured him that they will send representatives down to make sure people are looked after.

Better chance queueing in Limerick then. Two hour drive, im up for it.

Jofspring wrote: »

I wonder if i phone tm in limerick and pretend i was in the queue, would they sort me out with two tickets.

Gleesons in Limerick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

Better chance queueing in Limerick then. Two hour drive, im up for it.
    Still no way they can guarantee everyone will get tickets. Similar events happened in Letterkenny and most who missed out are already planning to que again. I would hate to be trying to get tickets this time round when you see how quick the 1st 2 concert sold out on Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good luck everyone trying to secure tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

I wish they'd decide how many dates they want. I realise how lucky I am to have tickets for all 3 so far and I will go to any date there is. But it's very hard to plan anything when they keep throwing out more dates... Do people think that number 5 will come and be added on Thurs morning as we'll...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

first world problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Karen23 wrote: »
    I had originally selected the postal option for tickets but in the rush to buy I didn't realise the option had changed to eticket. I contacted Ticketmaster and asked could they change the order and post them to me and they said ''no''

Hmmmmm must depend on who you get on the phone then....

I rang on Friday and was told it would be no problem.

Then rang again today spoke with a different girl just to double check everything was ok as when I logged onto my ticketmaster it said to contact customer services,
    I was told my order was fine, and that it's no problem to change from eticket to post, it just takes up to five working days for the order to change on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:o:o oh dear, have exam fees to pay Thursday. um ok i'm gonna be broke for the next week. although i do remember my mum telling me she would pay for two tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Can't believe it another date! Do y'all think it will sell out too??

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

I wish they'd decide how many dates they want. I realise how lucky I am to have tickets for all 3 so far and I will go to any date there is. But it's very hard to plan anything when they keep throwing out more dates... Do people think that number 5 will come and be added on Thurs morning as we'll...

Quit hogging and let me get tickets for the Monday one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WhosUpDocs

Got tickets last thursday but the money still hasn't come out of my account. Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

WhosUpDocs wrote: »
    Got tickets last thursday but the money still hasn't come out of my account. Has this happened to anyone else? :confused:

If you have received your tickets I wouldn't worry, say nothing ;)
    If you don't have them yet then panic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,530 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can't believe it another date! Do y'all think it will sell out too??

Na :p of course it will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

WhosUpDocs wrote: »

Common with Ticketmaster. I usually but tickets off them at least once a month and the general pattern is this.

1. Buy tickets
    2. Receive confirmation on screen and email a few minutes after
    3. Check online banking and the transaction is displayed as Debit Card
    4. Check online banking 1-2 days later and transaction is not visible & balance increased back to before purchase
    5. Check online banking 3-4 days later and transaction visible as Ticketmaster.ie and funds taken

Often happens me if I get paid around the same day as I purchase the tickets for some reason. Never had an issue with receiving tickets though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

True, he'd prob sell out another 2 dates! Be good for anyone who didn't get tickets! Oh can't wait until July!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dobman88 wrote: »
    I was one of the people who said that a 4th date wouldn't happen and Croke Park aren't allowed more than 3 gigs in 14 days but obviously they have done some good negotiations with the nice residents of the area and in true GAA style. Money talks. I am delighted he put on a fourth date and I hope all of you who didn't get tix get them now.

God, you make the GAA to be satan spawn. Does money not talk for the artist, the promoter, the hotels, shops etc around the area or is it just the evil GAA? Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

GAA spawn of satan, hehehe a good oul giggle at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    :o:o oh dear, have exam fees to pay Thursday. um ok i'm gonna be broke for the next week. although i do remember my mum telling me she would pay for two tickets.

WELL, that changed :D money worries erased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

secman wrote: »
    There will not be a 4th concert. 100% no

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

titchy wrote: »
    Hmmmmm must depend on who you get on the phone then....

I rang on Friday and was told it would be no problem.

Then rang again today spoke with a different girl just to double check everything was ok as when I logged onto my ticketmaster it said to contact customer services,
    I was told my order was fine, and that it's no problem to change from eticket to post, it just takes up to five working days for the order to change on the system.

Oh, I'll try again and hopefully get someone more helpful. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Not going to be at home on Thursday so I'll have to use the app. Whats the best way to get them using the app? There's no refresh button on the app, so is the best thing just to go into the garth brooks event, and then click the 28th at 9am, or if i go into the 28th event and wait, will it auto refresh when tickets on sale?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Anyone have a rough idea how long I'd need to queue in Naas to be fairly sure to get a few tickets ???

I tried online the last time but no joy, is it a bad idea to have multiple pc's and tabs all trying ??? I heard it puts you back in d queue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

eiei0 wrote: »
    Anyone have a rough idea how long I'd need to queue in Naas to be fairly sure to get a few tickets ???

I tried online the last time but no joy, is it a bad idea to have multiple pc's and tabs all trying ??? I heard it puts you back in d queue

I'm wondering this as well now.Had 3 going on Thursday with no luck,Not sure if its just best to stick to the one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement