Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

just saw one on twitter selling tickets for "reasonable price" pffft :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Thanks guess I won't be queuing then
    lucky333 wrote: »
    4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think that anybody who has already bought tickets through their ticketmaster account, should not be allowed to buy more tickets to the Monday show. This would give genuine fans who missed out the first time, the chance to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

From listening to what he said on limerick radio this morning he'll definitely be down to do something there whether it's a small gig that week or coming back for the world tour to play thomond Limerick is on his cards knowing the type of person he is I can't wait until July best of luck for anyone who hasn't a ticket yet going to be the gig of the summer for sure! !

• Advertisement

max life wrote: »
    I think that anybody who has already bought tickets through their ticketmaster account, should not be allowed to buy more tickets to the Monday show. This would give genuine fans who missed out the first time, the chance to buy tickets.

not meaning to sound selfish, but it's the fans who really want to see him again aren't the concern here, it's the ticket touts. personally if i could, i would go all four nights no problem. i know i'm not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not going to be at home on Thursday so I'll have to use the app. Whats the best way to get them using the app? There's no refresh button on the app, so is the best thing just to go into the garth brooks event, and then click the 28th at 9am, or if i go into the 28th event and wait, will it auto refresh when tickets on sale?

thanks

You can just use an internet browser on your phone and go to their site, i've booked tickets numerous times using that method. I don't have the app either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

siblers wrote: »
    You can just use an internet browser on your phone and go to their site, i've booked tickets numerous times using that method. I don't have the app either.

I'm wondering which is the best to use, not sure.
    Anyone who used the app to book them like to share their experiences?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

max life wrote: »

Meanwhile back in the real world, Have you ever heard of The Competition Authority? I am a fan who is going every night, I bought two tickets for each night, 6 total. I didn't go on looking for 6 tickets for every night... Stop touts if you can, but don't mix genuine fans in with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stop touts if you can, but don't mix genuine fans in with them...
    His idea would discourage people from touting.

Of course he is talking about accounts so its hard to implement, and people would get friends to buy there extras etc. But the theory of it would stop many touts as there would be far more tickets out there.

They already limit the sale to 6 in their laughable attempt to appear they are trying to combat touting. so something like this is not too far fetched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I hope it pisses rain, storms and snows in galway until wednesday night to put people off queuing too early and until I get there. I'll also be on call so I hope I don't get called away from the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

I hope it pisses rain, storms and snows in galway until wednesday night to put people off queuing too early and until I get there. I'll also be on call so I hope I don't get called away from the queue.

In Galway they call that summer

I'm wondering which is the best to use, not sure.
    Anyone who used the app to book them like to share their experiences?
    Thanks

I used the browser on my iPhone and got tickets for Sunday night! I was in the virtual Que for Saturday night but I left it when Sunday tickets went on sale

I wouldn't be panicking about cueing. Really don't see as much pressure at all. I'd say the touts are finished??? And I don't think 80,000 fans were dissappointed the other day... What do ye think the plan is for the Limerick fans, in order to get them sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I used the browser on my iPhone and got tickets for Sunday night! I was in the virtual Que for Saturday night but I left it when Sunday tickets went on sale

ill try the browser so. Ill have to set the phone not to autolock, as id crack up if it locked and then i lost my place in the queu. Is the general consensus that if you have a smartphone, the browser is better than the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I wouldn't be panicking about cueing. Really don't see as much pressure at all. I'd say the touts are finished??? And I don't think 80,000 fans were dissappointed the other day... What do ye think the plan is for the Limerick fans, in order to get them sorted out?

Not a chance, the touts, and anybody out to make a profit will see whats to be made, what have they got to lose? Sell them at face value is the worst possible outcome for them.

Gonna be another toutfest on Thursday i'm afraid

Is anyone else going for all the shows? Do people think this is it for Croker?

ill try the browser so. Ill have to set the phone not to autolock, as id crack up if it locked and then i lost my place in the queu. Is the general consensus that if you have a smartphone, the browser is better than the app?

Well my phone is set to lock after 1 min, but it didn't when I was waiting the screen stayed lit up, as far as the app some people use it no problem and for others it crashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭secman

:rolleyes:

When I posted that, the 4th gig was not in the frame, it only happened late on Sat evening. It wasn't a glib statement at the time, there you go. Even turned down tickets, not my cup of tea at all. Best of luck getting tickets.

http://votemcauliffe.com/concern-raised-as-planning-doubts-hang-over-garth-brooks-concert/

I'm just after reading this online. Concern on planning permission or something over Garth Brooks concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

http://votemcauliffe.com/concern-raised-as-planning-doubts-hang-over-garth-brooks-concert/

I'm just after reading this online. Concern on planning permission or something over Garth Brooks concerts.

Don't worry about it, the amount of gigs i've been to over the years where on the ticket it was XXXXXXXX- Sublject to Licence , aint no way these gigs will be cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Great strategy....sell 350K tickets to 4 or 5 sold out shows, and THEN ask for licence approval.

Go before the council and simply say....approve the concerts, or be prepared for riots around Croke Park in July.

Great strategy....sell 350K tickets to 4 or 5 sold out shows, and THEN ask for licence approval.

Go before the council and simply say....approve the concerts, or be prepared for riots around Croke Park in July.

This is so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is the way every concert ever has done it. Nothing to worry about.

ireland would literally riot if there planning permission get refused, so croke park residence, grin and bare it for 4 nights, we'll be very good. promise:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

I just find it funny that everyone online was thinking...."Oh, there can't be ANY shows at Croke Park, because 1D already has 3 scheduled. This changed to the thinking that perhaps it was a limit of 3 shows in a 14 day period, so no chance of a 4th show.

Now it appears that there were not 4 shows granted, nor 3 or even 1. Now people here are saying...."don't worry, they'll get approved." And it still seems curious.....and what's stopping them from adding 3 more nights? I mean, they're supposedly going to get approval, so was there ever any reason to worry about number of possible dates to begin with?

They should grant Garth Brooks a weeks residency in Croker.

I was considering queuing out Wednesday night. Weather is promised bad though and my partner in crime gone away for a night for an interview. I haven't heard from her since earlier. She suffers terrible migraine and even though I didn't hear from her in a while, I think she might be sick. It knocks her for dead for a day or two.

:( I hope I'm wrong and she's well though.

I don't think I can go through Thursday morning again. My nerves are shot.

i'm getting up at 4 am thursday morning to que up :D:D and then off for a full day of classes. think i might be at the back of the class sleeping

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm getting up at 4 am thursday morning to que up :D:D and then off for a full day of classes. think i might be at the back of the class sleeping

I'd love to chance it Thursday morning like that but I'm afraid. I can't miss out on tickets this time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement