Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Also people will be in work on thursday morning at 9am. Many people cant queue and many workplaces wont allow phones on you, never mind a laptop. Maybe an office worker might get away with online tickets.

I think we'll be grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Bell1990

Also people will be in work on thursday morning at 9am. Many people cant queue and many workplaces wont allow phones on you, never mind a laptop. Maybe an office worker might get away with online tickets.

I think we'll be grand.

I know up here a lot of people have booked Thursday morning off so they can go buy tickets. My mum works in the hospital and says she had 5 workers in space of 10 minutes of the announcement look for the July dates off work. It's all people have been talking about since Monday this will definitely sell out quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:D:D:D:D:cool::cool: to pitch side I be. woot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Mr.S wrote: »
    This will sell out in under 30mins, no doubt about that. The level of press and promotion, of course it will.

Look at One Direction selling what, 3/4 dates in Croker?

This gig has been talked about every day on radio,tv, online - it'l sell out quickly for sure.

Depending on how many extra dates get added (my guess is 3) will depend on how easy it is to get tickets.

I think you're underestimating demand for these gigs! 40,000 buying them at 9am? It'l be about double/tripple that. Croke park is what, 70-80k for concerts depending on setup, not that much when you think about how big he is over here.

Most will be buying minimum 2 tickets.

To clarify, by 40000 people I was talking about the number of successful people (assuming the average person buys 3-4 tickets).

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

PTH2009 wrote: »
    there is a huge huge interest in these gigs. Almost everyone wants a ticket.

I cant see there been anymore than 2 shows

if just 2 shows it would make more sense to have them on sat and sun ( my opinion) I do think there will be a 3rd show on the Sunday and it will be announced on the Friday 31st.
    pls bare in mind as was said on another thread on here that the Kilkenny gaa are set to announce a big concert again this year early in feb so who is to say that garth wont play Kilkenny. fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Is anyone planning on queueing in Galway ?

Would 6 - 6.30am be time enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

plenty of time,,,bring a umbrella

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ragglepuss

Guys, Could anyone advise on whether it is possible to purchase alcohol from both the stands and pitch areas for the concert. For memory, I thought that the stands were the only areas with bars but have never been to a concert with a pitch side ticket so if anyone could help, it would be great before the ticket choices are made for Thursday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ragglepuss

Guys, Could anyone advise on whether it is possible to purchase alcohol from both the stands and pitch areas for the concert. For memory, I thought that the stands were the only areas with bars but have never been to a concert with a pitch side ticket so if anyone could help, it would be great before the ticket choices are made for Thursday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭paddyirish23

hi all from what i've seen from the seating chart it's all seating that includes the pitch which is divided into 8 or 10 sections i'm sure ticketmaster will have this up on there site soon enough was surprised that they wont have any standing

• Advertisement

Ragglepuss wrote: »

I'd imagine that they will set up a few temporary bars for the people who have pitch tickets, this is Ireland after all and i've not been to a concert yet that hasn't :)

I downloaded the ticketmaster app.

Seems straightforward.

However Garth Brooks isn't showing up at all on the app. The website has it up with find tickets button.

Is it a case that the ticketmaster app only shows whats available at this time?

And the GB gigs come up on thursday morning?

Does this sound normal for anyone else with the app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Some of the questions I'm seeing above have been answered by TM on their Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre

Yes, that is fairly normal. Even if you went searching for Garth Brooks on TM.ie, you'd only see this promo page:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/ffy3sb?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_2_f1

They haven't set up an order page for the gig yet. This is probably because they haven't finalised the seating plan yet:

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/426673403865878528

I just noticed TM have added an FAQ page for this event:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/gsysuz

FAQs

.Tickets go on sale this Thursday, 31 January at 09:00
    .Tickets limited to 6 per person
    .Under 16s must be accompanied by a person 18+
    .Vertigo sufferers should buy tickets in the lower stand (Section 301 - 336) or standing
    .Accessible seating and wheelchair users should book on 0818 903001 selecting option 2
    .Do not purchase tickets from unofficial outlets
    .Beware of bogus ticket sellers & tour operators

Some useful tips when purchasing tickets online

.If you join a virtual queue, do not hit refresh. Instead be patient and follow the onscreen instructions
    .For section and location options select `Best Available'
    .Do not open multiple browser windows
    .If you do not currently have a My Ticketmaster account please set one up in advance of Thursday's sale. All details can be found here: https://www.ticketmaster.ie/member
    .On Thursday morning log-in to your MY Ticketmaster account before 9am
    .If you have 3D secure set-up for your MasterCard or Verify by Visa for your Visa card then make sure you know your password
    .Please ensure that you select the correct Country for your billing e.g. If your billing address is Northern Ireland then you must select your Delivery method as Northern Ireland also. You cannot save your billing address as Great Britain and select delivery to Northern Ireland. You will receive an error message.

Yes it's 6 max per person i found a seating chart on a website but not sure if your happy for me to put it up as this is not fully confirmed but looks to be the case please let me know if this needs to come down again

The pitch cant be seated. No way. That'll be the dryest concert.

Sure the new FAQs on ticketmaster states that

Vertigo sufferers should buy tickets in the lower stands or standing ???

Standing ?

No way it'll be all seated.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Standing ?

Yea when i was working at the Westlife gigs a few years ago we were told if we met anyone who had Vertigo to bring them to the First Aid area and if they were satisified we would bring them to customer service area and get them a lower seating area or if need be let them on pitch

Yea when i was working at the Westlife gigs a few years ago we were told if we met anyone who had Vertigo to bring them to the First Aid area and if they were satisified we would bring them to customer service area and get them a lower seating area or if need be let them on pitch

as some one who suffers from vertigo I thank you for this information :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Yes it's 6 max per person i found a seating chart on a website but not sure if your happy for me to put it up as this is not fully confirmed but looks to be the case please let me know if this needs to come down again

Thanks for linking this.

I see from the image above the pitch is divided into sections.

I hope to go for standing tickets.

On thursday morning we'll probably be allocated sections with our tickets in like A1, A2, A3, etc B1, B2, B3 etc

And on the day of the concerts whatever area we are asigned we go there.

My sister and I will have fits if we don't get an A block.

Would there be any golden circle/pit at this that would be perhaps priced higher than the 65.45 euro ? Like the A2, A3, A4 blocks would be centre front.

I wouldn't mind paying more for a pit ticket.

I might phone ticketmaster tomorrow morning (or would they have an email to require about this).

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    as some one who suffers from vertigo I thank you for this information :D

No worries , unless things have changed but thats the way we did it . Suppose if the First Aid sign off confirming you have vertigo you will be grand . But if you are able to buy lower seats/standing go for that

No worries , unless things have changed but thats the way we did it . Suppose if the First Aid sign off confirming you have vertigo you will be grand . But if you are able to buy lower seats/standing go for that

that's what I'm counting on :D

Standing ?

I read many pages of the Bruce Springsteen thread and people were allowed seat numbers for the pitch which were standing. I think it's something ticketmaster does. I'd be fairly certain that the pitch would be standing for brooks. And even if it's not and the pitch is seated, Michael Buble had all seated concerts but the two I've been at no way did people remain sitting.

Just heard there is a 3rd date booked when the other 2 sell out

woot!!!! shall go to that one too

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    woot!!!! shall go to that one too

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Skyebear07

From what I can gather most of the smaller TMs are NOT getting ticket allocations for Garth Brooks. Every one I know that plans on going has organised to queue for tickets as well as queuing online. I know a group of approx ten who are setting up computers at someone's house so they can have a few queuing online, 6 more of them are getting into physical queue, they plan to communicate with each other via mobiles, there aim is to get 58 tickets! And that's not counting the group I will be queuing with which will be another 30+ tickets. It's not only that tickets are going to be in high demand for this that people need to think about. It's the fact that people want them thurs morning! Everyone wants to be guaranteed tickets so most are doing similar to above. Queuing both at TM stores as well as online. I honestly think this is going to turn into something from the 90's with massive queues outside shops. This will be any promoters dream as its totally free publicity. Every paper will have pictures of the queues as they form. There will be the few who I have heard are starting tomorrow and once media gets wind photos will be everywhere starting hysteria. Myself and at least 30 people I know will descend the second we get wind of any queue starting. This I think will be true for most people. On my Facebook the majority of conversations between people is what they need to bring for a couple of nights camping outside shops, ie wet gear, chairs, playing cards etc lol not how best to get tickets. Everyone is intending on getting tickets, no one has even mentioned they will be available on done deal etc we have decided to wait until weds before joining queue but that will be totally dependent on TM Galway. We are ready at a moments notice to abandon ship at home and head into the city. My poor hubby!!! Lol. Best of luck to everyone and fingers crossed we are all jumping for joy next thurs morning :-D

Me too.

What is the third date? Would it be the thursday the 24 or sunday the 27th and any idea when that will go on sale? I wonder would it be added shortly after thursday morning's release?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Where did you hear that?

• Advertisement

Where did you hear that?

Cant really say . But it is a very reliable source

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement