Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Comeback Special *ALL 5 SHOWS CANCELLED* READ FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Ringerbell

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i'm getting up at 4 am thursday morning to que up :D:D and then off for a full day of classes. think i might be at the back of the class sleeping
    All depends where you are planning to que.if it where somewhere like Letterkenny you would be as well as staying in bed as you would joking the que at 4.00am. Nearly 400 queued last week and only 70 got served so majority of them people will be back to que again already heard of 1s planning to que from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Ringerbell wrote: »
    All depends where you are planning to que.if it where somewhere like Letterkenny you would be as well as staying in bed as you would joking the que at 4.00am. Nearly 400 queued last week and only 70 got served so majority of them people will be back to que again already heard of 1s planning to que from tomorrow.

God. The ticket limit should seriously be dropped from 6 to 4 or even 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

I just find it funny that everyone online was thinking...."Oh, there can't be ANY shows at Croke Park, because 1D already has 3 scheduled. This changed to the thinking that perhaps it was a limit of 3 shows in a 14 day period, so no chance of a 4th show.

Now it appears that there were not 4 shows granted, nor 3 or even 1. Now people here are saying...."don't worry, they'll get approved." And it still seems curious.....and what's stopping them from adding 3 more nights? I mean, they're supposedly going to get approval, so was there ever any reason to worry about number of possible dates to begin with?

It all changed when the planing permission rule came in a few years ago up to 2008 it was no more than 3 gigs per year but now it's no more than 5 events per month in a deal the gaa has with residents but the 5 is in place for u2 as there probably the only other act that could sell as big as garth

God. The ticket limit should seriously be dropped from 6 to 4 or even 2.

Letterkenny didn't get the publicity like limerick did but it was just as bad. Me and my 2 sisters queued 25 hrs and only got tickets because the 3rd date was added. I don't envy anyone who is trying for tickets this week with only 1 show being on sale

I wonder would a 5th date be added.

• Advertisement

I wonder would a 5th date be added.

I don't think it will but that's just going my gut instinct. The all Ireland football qualifiers are scheduled for that weekend (as far as I know) so the gas will wan the stadium back to normal before then. We were talking about this today at home and I think the Belfast gig coul append maybe somewhere like Boucher playing fields (where tennents vital was held last year) and by sounds of his radio interview he's up for a show in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

Ringerbell wrote: »
    I don't think it will but that's just going my gut instinct. The all Ireland football qualifiers are scheduled for that weekend (as far as I know) so the gas will wan the stadium back to normal before then. We were talking about this today at home and I think the Belfast gig coul append maybe somewhere like Boucher playing fields (where tennents vital was held last year) and by sounds of his radio interview he's up for a show in limerick

I still wonder what is up with these rumours of other Ireland cities. With so many shows in Dublin, I am even more confused as to whether any other shows are planned elsewhere in Ireland. Belfast, Limerick, Kilkenny, Cork....all have been mentioned, but obviously if Dublin is a one-time special event, he would not play all these additional cities until the regular tour, meaning summer 2015 at the earliest.

I still wonder what is up with these rumours of other Ireland cities. With so many shows in Dublin, I am even more confused as to whether any other shows are planned elsewhere in Ireland. Belfast, Limerick, Kilkenny, Cork....all have been mentioned, but obviously if Dublin is a one-time special event, he would not play all these additional cities until the regular tour, meaning summer 2015 at the earliest.

Yeah I think if he plays anywhere else it will be Belfast after the reaction he got in the kings hall in 98. Think he will go around Ireland for his leg of the world tour similar to wat Bruce Springsteen did last year. Think you can guarentee a show in limerick when he returns for his worl tour

I went to sleep for a bit from about two but I'm awake again and unable to sleep.

Fúck off nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

I just find it funny that everyone online was thinking...."Oh, there can't be ANY shows at Croke Park, because 1D already has 3 scheduled. This changed to the thinking that perhaps it was a limit of 3 shows in a 14 day period, so no chance of a 4th show.

Now it appears that there were not 4 shows granted, nor 3 or even 1. Now people here are saying...."don't worry, they'll get approved." And it still seems curious.....and what's stopping them from adding 3 more nights? I mean, they're supposedly going to get approval, so was there ever any reason to worry about number of possible dates to begin with?

I was listening to Garth Brooks being interviewed on the radio yesterday and he said they were originally aiming for 2 shows but when he got up the next morning, it had increased to 3. He said the Monday night wasn't planned as he was due to be back in the US for his daughters birthday which is that Monday. From what he said, the promoter went away to check about putting on another night and that's how the Monday came about.

So assuming all that is true, it sounds like the 4th concert wasn't really planned at all. I could be wrong obviously!

I hope all those who were disappointed not to get tickets last time, get them this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 DesertMoon

I'm so worried about queuing this week with only one show!!! How fast will they sell out?

My only hope is that they limit it to 2 per person and the touts stay away.

I wonder how many real fans are still looking for tickets? I can't trust their website after last week, it kept timing me out with some message about the server!

As for the app, well that just kept giving me a message that no tickets were available!

I haven't slept right since last week with the stress!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Desert Moon, if your queuing make sure your on the Ticket Master website aswell, do you have anyone at home or any friends that could try online for you aswell? Try and get as many people on for you as possible, one of you will definitely get lucky. Last time they went on sale, I was on at the very same time as my sister in law and she got tickets within the hour and I got none, its the luck of the draw and maybe your luck is in!! Get sme friends to queue online for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ticketmaster outlet in Limerick just said on the radio 6 per person again.

There will be a ticketmaster engineer there to make sure everything runs smoothly but that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

TM have set up a new customer service Twitter account so on Thursday, you can give out to them here:

https://twitter.com/TMIECS

DesertMoon wrote: »
    I'm so worried about queuing this week with only one show!!! How fast will they sell out?

My only hope is that they limit it to 2 per person and the touts stay away.

I wonder how many real fans are still looking for tickets? I can't trust their website after last week, it kept timing me out with some message about the server!

As for the app, well that just kept giving me a message that no tickets were available!

I haven't slept right since last week with the stress!!!!!

I'm the same. I'm not sleeping or eating properly with feck all have an appetite since he made his announce.

I hope there won't be any any mad queues like what we saw last week. Can I only head in wednesday to a queue. I'm hoping I'll be good for snapping up two tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

JJ wrote: »
    TM have set up a new customer service Twitter account so on Thursday, you can give out to them here:

https://twitter.com/TMIECS

They open at 9.30 which kinda makes them useless for support on these quick sell out events.

I was listening to Garth Brooks being interviewed on the radio yesterday and he said they were originally aiming for 2 shows but when he got up the next morning, it had increased to 3. He said the Monday night wasn't planned as he was due to be back in the US for his daughters birthday which is that Monday. From what he said, the promoter went away to check about putting on another night and that's how the Monday came about.

So assuming all that is true, it sounds like the 4th concert wasn't really planned at all. I could be wrong obviously!

I hope all those who were disappointed not to get tickets last time, get them this time.

That's what I picked up on to with his radio and tv3 interview. He was surprised that a third went on sale and sold out.
    A 4th gig were of the cards but what changed his mind was his youngest daughter, whose birthday is that weekend on the 28th, decided that she would like to spend her birthday in Ireland.

Thanks for the well wishes. I need a miracle to happen Thursday morning. I'm up against vultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

god bless his daughter :D:D so thoughtful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭james66

Massively important tip when you order on thursday when you get that 15 minute waiting window don't close it, it can take up to an hour to get tickets.. Alot of people got first tickets by ordering at 8:55.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

james66 wrote: »
    Massively important tip when you order on thursday when you get that 15 minute waiting window don't close it, it can take up to an hour to get tickets.. Alot of people got first tickets by ordering at 8:55.

How were people ordering at 8.55. When tickets were on sale at 9 ?

They were obviously on sale before 9.

I think thats where I missed out and got crap seats. I was on at 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Six people in a queue in the INEC Killarney. Been there since yesterday afternoon.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Six people in a queue in the INEC Killarney. Been there since yesterday afternoon.

Ah come on, not again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

hold on are their tickets going on sale for a new dat e:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: please tell me its true :(:(:o:)

A V A wrote: »
    hold on are their tickets going on sale for a new dat e:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: please tell me its true :(:(:o:)

On sale 9am on Thursday, for an extra gig on Monday 28th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

A V A wrote: »

It's been all over the news since yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They were obviously on sale before 9.

I think thats where I missed out and got crap seats. I was on at 9am.
    Nope, went on sale at 9am. The select number of tickets drop down wasn't available until 9.00

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Hardluckwoman I wish you would stop saying that you got crap seats. People like me are grateful to have gotten anything in the stadium never mind in the davin section which imo isnt that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Desert Moon, if your queuing make sure your on the Ticket Master website as well, do you have anyone at home or any friends that could try online for you as well? Try and get as many people on for you as possible, one of you will definitely get lucky. Last time they went on sale, I was on at the very same time as my sister in law and she got tickets within the hour and I got none, its the luck of the draw and maybe your luck is in!! Get sme friends to queue online for you!

This is exactly why there'll be hundreds of tickets available for the shows when they come around in July. Plenty of people got an excess of tickets 'just in case' or hoping to sell them on. I'd bet my house on it that there'll be loads of tickets available come July. If 3 friends are all online looking for the same tickets for each other and they all get lucky they suddenly have 18 tickets or so.

Another prime example of this is the One Direction concerts. Remember when they went on sale and the few weeks afterwards? Pandemonium and panic. How many people are looking for them now?

If people are patient plenty of tickets will surface in the end. Happens for almost every big stadium gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

JJ wrote: »
    It's been all over the news since yesterday morning.

dont watch or read the news and im not a stalker :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement